Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on Facebook. I’m hoping it’s just the angle and the lighting that’s not doing it any favors

I wouldn't worry about how that lighting makes the figure look, it'll be sweet. It's the lighting on the base I'm interested in - the water looks fantastic.

Boxart looks nice! Rest of the figure looks surprisingly decent with that harsh lighting so definitely can’t wait to see how good it will
Look in professional pics

2659527d8b637257446b3542a1d438ec.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

It's probably the piece of card they slot into the inner lid of DX sets.

EDIT:

And yes it is just that:

It's probably the piece of card they slot into the inner lid of DX sets.

EDIT:

And yes it is just that:

Thanks. Missed opportunity imo but not a deal breaker. It's gonna be a wallet crippling year [emoji24]

Sent from a point in space and time

I was always envious of those with the previous Jack Sparrow released because I thought they were just about the pinnacle of quality and sculpting that Hot Toys had produced, and I swore if Hot Toys released another one I'd jump on it....but for some bloody reason I didn't.

Now I'm looking at Instagram photos and the video posted above. Yep, just ordered him finally. lol Final piece looks fantastic and the quality is crazy from the packaging to the base. Really excited to have this one now!!

Haven't seen any shots so far where the fabric hair looks anything other than ****. Knew i wouldn't like it, the rest of the figure looks great though.

I don't like the rooted hair either. So far looks like a step down imo. Still looking forward to comparing 06 and 15 side by side.

Haven't seen any shots so far where the fabric hair looks anything other than ****. Knew i wouldn't like it, the rest of the figure looks great though.

That will continue to happen until they use something like mohair. This barbie doll hair is going to look crap no matter what. I may redo the hair myself depending on how difficult it may be once its in hand.

I have the DX 6 and I think the new one looks great. I think the serious face looks awesome and I prefer it over the DX 6, which I never liked to be honest. However, I prefer the DX 6 smiley face. There's something off about the new smiley face, or maybe he just looks older?

The rooted hair is....cool, but I'm not sure that's enough to get me to buy the figure. Maybe if the head is available on ebay, I'll buy it by itself, since the rest of the figure is very similar to the DX 6.

They changed the color of the Kuchi beads (left side) which is cool, but neither the DX 6 and DX 15 are 100% accurate. :lol I wish they were individual beads like the Predator figures, so that the beads could move around with the figure.

I think those who get the DX 15 should be very happy with it since the figure is as good or better in some areas at least, than the DX6. I still wish HT would make a Pirates 1 Jack or a new Cannibal version, with the original costume and shorter dark hair. :(

I have the DX 6 and I think the new one looks great. I think the serious face looks awesome and I prefer it over the DX 6, which I never liked to be honest. However, I prefer the DX 6 smiley face. There's something off about the new smiley face, or maybe he just looks older?

The rooted hair is....cool, but I'm not sure that's enough to get me to buy the figure. Maybe if the head is available on ebay, I'll buy it by itself, since the rest of the figure is very similar to the DX 6.

They changed the color of the Kuchi beads (left side) which is cool, but neither the DX 6 and DX 15 are 100% accurate. :lol I wish they were individual beads like the Predator figures, so that the beads could move around with the figure.

I think those who get the DX 15 should be very happy with it since the figure is as good or better in some areas at least, than the DX6. I still wish HT would make a Pirates 1 Jack or a new Cannibal version, with the original costume and shorter dark hair. :(

You're not alone in wishing that.

Back