Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn there are some incredible shots in here fellas! Damn fine work. This figure is amazing. Love it.

damn_good_stuff_sir.gif

A reboot sounds better than what they were doing. The movies weren't getting any better after the first... it's been long... slow sink.

Do not envy the person who has to fill Depp's shoes though.

I couldnt care less about a new film if anyones else tries to play Jack Sparrow, Depp is Sparrow, hes not the joker/Batman/Bond to me. If Depp died tommorrow so would Jack. Come back with some new colorfull pirate characters.

If they simply want to leave Depp out of it for a while to concentrate on building new Pirate characters thats ok.

However if Disney tries to mess this up like SJWars its dead. Like SW though they cant destroy the past, i love these Pirate films and i always will.

There was a good deal on Ebay for a DX06 hat so I threated my Jack with an upgrade. Hopefully it's a legit hat! Will know in a week or so..

Apologies if it’s been answered but is this a hybrid of parts?

Looks fantastic.

Thanks.

The hat is a Medicom DMC/AWE Jack Sparrow hat that I repainted to have the coloring and wear of the Curse hat, the rest of the figure is all DX15 parts. The coat was painted/dyed to be a more accurate color to the movie.

The hat is a Medicom DMC/AWE Jack Sparrow hat that I repainted to have the coloring and wear of the Curse hat, the rest of the figure is all DX15 parts. The coat was painted/dyed to be a more accurate color to the movie.

Thank you. Looks incredible. :duff

That is interesting.

Did they take out a full page ad or how exactly did this even come up as an official announcement? What did Johnny do now?

So far I haven't seen anything official. The only remotely concrete thing I've read is that Disney was reportedly talking to the writes behind films including Deadpool about rebooting the franchise possibly, or maybe just a way to revive things with a new writing team.

Pretty sure if Disney were officially done with Depp, there'd be clear stories about this. Right now everyone is just rumor milling it because of rumors about him drinking and having issues during the making of POTC 5 and how the box office wasn't as big as POTC 4 but still quite high.

Until something official is released, I'm not giving up on more adventures of the same pirates we know and love, and if it does end up happening, it makes me a little sadder that the last time we get Jack Sparrow isn't at his best, but it doesn't devalue the character or all the joy I get from the films they did do with him in the story.

Thank you. Looks incredible. :duff

Appreciate it. For some reason, Jack Sparrow's been a character HT has always managed to have some element of their figure be off in significant ways, be it size and shape of the hat or the coat color, there's always been big flaws but I love the character and have aspired for a 1/6 figure that looked as authentic as so many other HT figures since the days of NECA and MEDICOM being the only options, and now DX15 really brings that dream to fruition, with the same mods I did to DX06, now improved on, and the improved realism of the portraits included, I have the Jack figure I've always wanted.

Yeah, I'd say at worst Depp might be relegated to a mentor type position in the next -- but then that's actually how he started out as a character in the first one.

So far I haven't seen anything official. The only remotely concrete thing I've read is that Disney was reportedly talking to the writes behind films including Deadpool about rebooting the franchise possibly, or maybe just a way to revive things with a new writing team.

Pretty sure if Disney were officially done with Depp, there'd be clear stories about this. Right now everyone is just rumor milling it because of rumors about him drinking and having issues during the making of POTC 5 and how the box office wasn't as big as POTC 4 but still quite high.

Until something official is released, I'm not giving up on more adventures of the same pirates we know and love, and if it does end up happening, it makes me a little sadder that the last time we get Jack Sparrow isn't at his best, but it doesn't devalue the character or all the joy I get from the films they did do with him in the story.

THIS!! :lecture

ppl are so quick to add to a story and make it seem factual. Just like with Cavill and Affleck RE: the DC Universe.

But, in regards to POTC, I think if Disney really wants to get a new cast going, the best way is to sort of do it like SW:TFA where the old cast gets a good send off (WITHOUT killing any major heroes) but letting their stories end and the new cast picking up from there. With how things were left at the end of POTC5, there's ample opportunity to close out with human Davy Jones IMO. I'd LOVE to see that.

Gibbs will come back as a purple haired Trans Tri-genome dolphin Merman, by simple chain reaction he blows up the entire British fleet by simply ramming the Flagship head on in a row boat.

Carina Smyth will fall down a hole covered in seaweed. With no training from Jack she will bend over backwards and become the best swords woman, single handedly killing off the entire cast of bad pirates. Inc Davy who turns to stone just from her feminist scowl.

This will all be Henry turners fault as he is a privileged white male, after a good scolding from Gibbs ghost, who flys like marry poppins, he will kill himself, only to be rescued from the Locker by his father Will.

Elizabeth will kill her husband and son and run off with Carina.

Welcome to Disney PW (Pirate Wars) which looses 200million at the box office

Depp needs to read the scripts before signing anything. Disneys the mad one atm. :lol

Back