Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very, very late to the party... but here there is! I love my Jack!

Greetings from Mexico!

20180902_210424_zpsm72cmyfl.jpg

Big thanks to Hot Toys for this figure too, imo its the best one ever! Hopefully they will make more POTC figures! :yess:

Oh my god I'm in love with this figure! Took a little while to get the look I wanted but damn, I can't remember the last time I posed a figure so much after opening it. It's so nice to have a figure with such good looking clothes that you don't have to worry about posing dynamically with! While I like the stand I would've preferred a more standard crows nest or mast, as the stand just doesn't entirely work for me as a scene. Thankfully however I kicked the Mandarin off his throne and found out how well it worked for Jack!
20180913_164633.jpg
20180913_154852.jpg
20180913_153653.jpg
20180913_145920.jpg
20180913_143759.jpg

Excellent figure. Tweaked the belts a bit to my liking since, while it's super cool liking and well made, the alligator skin belt just is too much for Jack. The hat is, I'll admit, oversized. I'd like to get one of the more accurate ones. I'm sure one of the purists will cringe at the set up I've got, but at least to my memory it harkens back to CoTBP, the best of the series. I used a little rare Earth magnet I had to tack the fold of the sash lower using the internal one magnet, letting it drape lower. The bits and bobs are a timely but worthwhile endeavor to add to the belts. I feel bad for the guy who returned based on that alone. Easily one of HT's best and worthy of it's retail. I can't wait to get my DAM Edward Kenway and add him as Jack's display mate.
cef8b2ed9f613c6337a3958c242d268c.jpg

Not my image but from someone on OSR. I got to say I'm definitely interested to get mine rooted by Jovl. His work just continues to amaze me with each jack. 43311629_2190874947836134_4463452210117738496_o.jpg

It's impressive work, what really stands out most though is the bandana. The faux hair is impressive work for sure, but at the scale, it's almost hard to distinguish from the sculpted. HT actually does a pretty good job of mixing mediums with the sculpted and rooted hair on the standard DX15 head. The bandana being real cloth is cool plus the color and details pop more, granted it is pretty muted in POTC 5 anyway, so it's accurate, but for many of us, this is like an Ultimate Jack, not film specific.

It depends cause he usually does it accurate, but each sculpt he has done changes bit by bit.

Jovl did an amazing job. Here's pics of mine. Unfortunately, all my collection is boxed up and will be for a bit, so I don't have Jack wearing it yet...

20180607_190940_1539390732098_resized.jpg
20180607_191216_1539390734545_resized.jpg
20180607_191249_1539390736707_resized.jpg
20180607_191558_1539390738098_resized.jpg

Yeah, not sure what the comb is really for? Hopefully I wont have to use it.

It is the dx15 hair piece. I had to mail him mine. Took almost 6 weeks to get there. But once he got it, I had it back in about 2 weeks. There's so much detail in it. A tiny little piece of art.

It definitely is. Did he make the large trinket to the right movable? Like it actually functions like it is real beads.

It definitely is. Did he make the large trinket to the right movable? Like it actually functions like it is real beads.

Yes, the trinket is made up of multiple moving/dangling parts. It's very intricate. I was one of the lucky ones to get my figure early from SSC in the first shipment. Then I saw what Jovl had done with his figure already, and decided to send mine right to him. He's an amazing artist. Great communication and fast shipping too, I definitely recommend him and his work!

Yes, the trinket is made up of multiple moving/dangling parts. It's very intricate. I was one of the lucky ones to get my figure early from SSC in the first shipment. Then I saw what Jovl had done with his figure already, and decided to send mine right to him. He's an amazing artist. Great communication and fast shipping too, I definitely recommend him and his work!
Definitely agree with you. I will be sending mine off to him hopefully soon its pricey but definitely worth it. And I'm also planning on having idsworkshop make me a new sword for jack. It will actually be the one he uses in the end of thw film which is different then his original one. If i can find images. If not i will just have a new version of the original cutless made.

Back