Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah a big well done on getting the MIME Joker Chev.

And I agree paramorecr88 it is too quiet in here for my liking but I love him and I'm glad that I got him.

Nice one Chev, it's an excellent figure. Doesn't seem to be very popular though? Don't know why, I love it!

Yeah, you got to get a DX08 too.

This figure is in my queue, but it's near the bottom of a medium-sized list. It would probably be higher up if they release a "Crime Alley Bruce Wayne" with roses, shades, suit + scarf and two overcoats (one of them pierced by a bullet) to complement with it. That would also take care of the Keaton headsculpt a lot of us want. Also it kind of bothers me that HT has released more versions of the villain than the hero for this line. A battle damaged "final showdown Batman" would really help "restore balance to the force" for me.

This figure is in my queue, but it's near the bottom of a medium-sized list. It would probably be higher up if they release a "Crime Alley Bruce Wayne" with roses, shades, suit + scarf and two overcoats (one of them pierced by a bullet) to complement with it. That would also take care of the Keaton headsculpt a lot of us want. Also it kind of bothers me that HT has released more versions of the villain than the hero for this line. A battle damaged "final showdown Batman" would really help "restore balance to the force" for me.

That would be a great Keaton. If only they could do a two-pack with Vicki Vale.

Although I think it's a bit more likely that they'd do a Batman costume vault with Bruce and Alfred, much like the Dark Knight Rises Armory.

I think they'll do more Jokers than Batman because Nicholson's likeness is so expensive and they want to make the most out of it. Plus, they've had great success with the Ledger Jokers. Probably more so than the Bale Batmen.

Yeah, I think it's popular enough. It's certainly a well made figure. I think most people just wanted the DX08.

Yeah, I'll pick up a DX08 sometime in the next few months.

That would be a great Keaton. If only they could do a two-pack with Vicki Vale.

Although I think it's a bit more likely that they'd do a Batman costume vault with Bruce and Alfred, much like the Dark Knight Rises Armory.

I think they'll do more Jokers than Batman because Nicholson's likeness is so expensive and they want to make the most out of it. Plus, they've had great success with the Ledger Jokers. Probably more so than the Bale Batmen.

i would love an 89 batman vault. that would rock.

Just got mine today from OneSixthBruce in the UK. Really surprised by this one, I'd say it's the best headsculpt of all my collection and I really didn't expect it. It's amazing in hand and way better than the already great promo shots Hot Toys originally showed us. I'm now selling my DX08 on eBay as this is way better to be fair.
ere2ajyq.jpg
ybepy7uz.jpg
re3evu5a.jpg
e4abuset.jpg

So I decided to ebay my DX08 having received this awesome figure and described it as being as it is in the pictures with no box, extras or original stand and listed all that's comes with it. The description is ultra clear so is the photo and then I get a bid of £108 then a message from the bidder asking me to confirm the original stand, box and all extras are present. After telling them no its clearly described as in the photo and listing and I state chance of a bargin as no box or extras they ask me to cancel their bid stating they thought it was for a complete boxed complete version..!! AAArrrgggghhh.....!!!!!! frikkin ebay...!!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191035402695?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Love that pic, Maglor! Was it you that had mentioned cutting the back of the stairs off to make it shallower and easier to fit on or in something?

Thanks all.

Love that pic, Maglor! Was it you that had mentioned cutting the back of the stairs off to make it shallower and easier to fit on or in something?

Yeah, that was me. I really want to cut the back of the stairs off. Right now, his head is directly under the LED, and when there is no natural light from the side, like there is in the above pic, it looks a little weird. I wonder why they made it the way they did. Not everybody is gonna want him as a corner display. We'll see if I can work up the nerve to do it. Maybe I'll have to buy a parted out one.

I'm really loving this figure. It's very nearly perfect, which I can't say about many figures. It's easily one of the best head sculpts in my collection.

I like that they fixed the fat suit in front in the upper chest area. It goes all the way up to the neck now, so there is no need to stuff the shirt like I did with the first one. However, the fat suit still makes it look like he's wearing shorts under his pants, so I wrapped an unrolled cotton ball around each knee which fixed it. Gotta do that to the DX08 now...

Thanks all.

Yeah, that was me. I really want to cut the back of the stairs off. Right now, his head is directly under the LED, and when there is no natural light from the side, like there is in the above pic, it looks a little weird. I wonder why they made it the way they did. Not everybody is gonna want him as a corner display. We'll see if I can work up the nerve to do it. Maybe I'll have to buy a parted out one.

I'm really loving this figure. It's very nearly perfect, which I can't say about many figures. It's easily one of the best head sculpts in my collection.

I like that they fixed the fat suit in front in the upper chest area. It goes all the way up to the neck now, so there is no need to stuff the shirt like I did with the first one. However, the fat suit still makes it look like he's wearing shorts under his pants, so I wrapped an unrolled cotton ball around each knee which fixed it. Gotta do that to the DX08 now...

That's a great idea for the knee. I'm gonna do that to mine too.

I thought that it was you. I've got a spare set of stairs, I only wanted the pole and waist grabber. Tell me how much you want cut off and I'll run it thru the band saw and ship it with your PF display shelf.

:panic:

Holy crap Coco! You rule! :thud:

I have an idea of where it should be cut, but give me a day to think it over.

Back