Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

First time poster here :)

Just opened up this bad boy recently (it was a Christmas gift), and it is indeed glorious. Only negative is that the LED eye no longer lights up, after only turning it on briefly a few times. From my lurkings on these forums, it doesn't seem as though anyone has figured out how to wire the head to a constant power source, so I guess I'm stuck with getting replacement batteries. However, the manual states that it uses LR521 batteries, while the actual batteries I took out were LR621 batteries! Are they interchangeable, or is that some kind of typo on HT's part?

I researched battery types on Wikipedia, and it seems that these are Alkaline, and not the superior Silver-Oxide type batteries. Does that mean that the LED feature will last longer if I found the Silver-Oxide equivalents? I also read some comments about fit issues with some brands of batteries, so I'm a bit lost when it comes to where to acquire quality replacements -- I'm assuming this same consideration will affect my other HT purchases (existing and down the line), so it seems like a good noob question to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

First time poster here :)

Just opened up this bad boy recently (it was a Christmas gift), and it is indeed glorious. Only negative is that the LED eye no longer lights up, after only turning it on briefly a few times. From my lurkings on these forums, it doesn't seem as though anyone has figured out how to wire the head to a constant power source, so I guess I'm stuck with getting replacement batteries. However, the manual states that it uses LR521 batteries, while the actual batteries I took out were LR621 batteries! Are they interchangeable, or is that some kind of typo on HT's part?

I researched battery types on Wikipedia, and it seems that these are Alkaline, and not the superior Silver-Oxide type batteries. Does that mean that the LED feature will last longer if I found the Silver-Oxide equivalents? I also read some comments about fit issues with some brands of batteries, so I'm a bit lost when it comes to where to acquire quality replacements -- I'm assuming this same consideration will affect my other HT purchases (existing and down the line), so it seems like a good noob question to ask.

Thanks in advance!

:welcome1:

Welcome to the party!

Lithium batteries are almost always preferable if you can get your hands on them in the right size, they last longer and generally don't leak all over your £200 collectibles like alkaline batteries are prone to. If you have a good camera or watch shop nearby, they might be able to help - otherwise buy a good name brand from the internet.

As to the sizing of batteries for the DX-13, I'm sure A-Dev or someone similarly experienced will be here shortly who can tell you more about that :)

Probably my favourite figure from Hot Toys...at least, from the ones I own. It's difficult not to love a piece that can look like this:

14073242711_e53e6bbe94_b.jpg

14076913434_db754a204a_b.jpg

Damn, really having a hard time deciding between this or the DX10. On the one hand, the Battle-Damaged just looks all around awesome, with so many great details and a better headsculpt... but on the other he just looks so incredibly badass in the clean costume with the sunglasses and holding the giant mini gun as well.....

Arrrg. Can't decide. :gah:

Damn, really having a hard time deciding between this or the DX10. On the one hand, the Battle-Damaged just looks all around awesome, with so many great details and a better headsculpt... but on the other he just looks so incredibly badass in the clean costume with the sunglasses and holding the giant mini gun as well.....

Arrrg. Can't decide. :gah:

Do you find the DX10 headsculpt problematic? I prefer the Cyberdyne look myself, but I can't stand the DX10 head, so that's why I went with the DX13.

While it's clearly not as good as the DX13 headsculpt, I still think it's a lot better than most others here do. And of course putting the sunglasses on improves it by about a thousand percent.

Thanks Fed Ex for deciding to upgrade my replacement T800 body from Hong Kong to a battle damaged version...

WP_20150209_001.jpg

Back