Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Glad I passed on the DX10.

Makes it easy to pull the trigger on this guy!

Now I'll have the MMS117 version (with the minigun and grenade launch from the DX10) with the DX 13!

Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

I don't understand the constant comparing of 1/4 EB vs. 1/6 HT. To me it's apples and oranges. Of course their will be differences and the scales are different. I personally think it is more challenging to get a good sculpt in a smaller 1/6 scale. It would be like comparing SS PF's to SS 1/6 figures. The larger statues and figures have room for more detail in a bigger scale.

Just finished watched T2 to refresh my memory and figured I'd create a list of what would be required to make the ultimate BD T800. I'm putting this in here as I think it's more likely Hot Toys will include the most with their version seeing as Enterbays being at 1/4 scale is gong to be expensive enough as it is.

Ok to start off with is the end of the Cyberdyne scene;

Partially BD headsculpt
Partially BD upper body/T-Shirt & Jacket
BD to left knee
BD gloves

Steelmill scene;

Fully BD headsculpt (hopefully with a LED right eye but that may be pushing things)
Fully BD upper body/T-Shirt
Separate BD left arm
Same level of BD to left knee and gloves

Accessories needed would be would be;

Pistol
M79 Grenade Launcher
Gas Launcher (not sure of the specific name but it's used after he's got BD at the end of the Cyberdyne scene)
Steel pipe

*feel free to add your own suggestions to the list as I'm sure some Terminator experts will see some glaring omissions

Looking through that list I guess really Hot Toys could really provide it all without any problems, the varying levels of BD to the upper body could be a problem but if it is I doubt anyone going to throw a hissy fit if they did just provided him with one level of BD to that area (they could do both just by providing two different T-Shirts). They've done removable arms with at least 2 Ironman figures so there shouldn't be any problem doing the BD left arm I wouldn't have thought either.

Anyway just wanted to put my thoughts down on paper so to speak :)

Ok so this is what I said in the DX10 thread regarding my want list for this figure and it turns out there's only 2 things Hot Toys aren't providing. A second T-Shirt would be an easy addition but I'm not really arsed about the Gas Launcher

All in all well done Hot Toys :blissy :clap :blissy

I don't understand the constant comparing of 1/4 EB vs. 1/6 HT. To me it's apples and oranges. Of course their will be differences and the scales are different. I personally think it is more challenging to get a good sculpt in a smaller 1/6 scale. It would be like comparing SS PF's to SS 1/6 figures. The larger statues and figures have room for more detail in a bigger scale.

I agree, EB has more canvas to work with and of course it's the better sculpt and no one is doubting that.

Like so many others I thought this was a custom this morning. I can't wait for this and am so glad I passed on the recently released Dx10.

At least its not set to be released until the middle of next year. Give me some time to save up after all the Nolan batman releases.

135286_390451524362757_318821657_o.jpg

The DX13 has the better likeness in comparison, and it's 1/6... :lol But comparisons like this really aren't worth much when any slight changes in angle, lighting, cameras/lenses, etc. can drastically affect the appearance of the subject in all the images.

135286_390451524362757_318821657_o.jpg

The DX13 has the better likeness in comparison, and it's 1/6... :lol But comparisons like this really aren't worth much when any slight changes in angle, lighting, cameras/lenses, etc. can drastically affect the appearance of the subject in all the images.

:exactly: Agreed

But comparisons like this really aren't worth much when any slight changes in angle, lighting, cameras/lenses, etc. can drastically affect the appearance of the subject in all the images.

And yet you still feel confident enough that the HT sculpt is better just as others feel confident enough to say the EB sculpt is better.

And yet you still feel confident enough that the HT sculpt is better just as others feel confident enough to say the EB sculpt is better.

EB is better without question, but I'm sticking with HT for scale and price.

:thud::thud::thud::yess::yess::yess: Hell yessssssss!!!!!!!!

I was on 4, but only because I start working at 6:30AM and I saw it and I had tears in my eyes...

:lol

I was on 4, but only because I start working at 6:30AM and I saw it and I had tears in my eyes...

I wonder how soon after I shut down and went to bed last night did the first pic appear on facebook....

Probably for the best that I missed it otherwise I'd never have gone to bed at all and would presently be exhausted in work.

This is going to be expensive.

Full BD... yessss.

Not sure how many I'm going to get, I've got 3 ways I'd like to display him

1- The classic pose a-dev has in his sig
2- Fully Battle Damaged
3- With the Liquid T1000 diorama (it would be a shame not to use it)

Hope Sideshow put the PO's up tonight, I guess this is officially the DX13 as well?

I wonder how soon after I shut down and went to bed last night did the first pic appear on facebook....

Probably for the best that I missed it otherwise I'd never have gone to bed at all and would presently be exhausted in work.

Sounds quite logical.

I had serious problems working the first 2hrs, cause I looked at the proto that long and I theorized about the full BD head having PERS and how only ONE PERS-ed eye wouldn't have made the slightest piece of sense, but one couldn't see if the endo eye moved with the human.

And after the specs went up however I checked those another hour and and was SO happy that I theorized right that the endow eye WILL INDEED be included into the mechanism.

:yess:

Why wouldn't I? We have 25 full images to give us a good impression of what's to come, and serious collectors know what we can expect from HT. I'm really psyched to finally know that it's only a matter of time before it's a reality. :yess:

Back