Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want a really nice 1/6 endoskeleton from T1/T2, is that really so much to ask for?

I just want Reese and Hicks redone by today's standards.

Those are my three most wanted figures from them. A nice die cast/chrome T2 endoskeleton with a skull diorama base would be incredible. Hicks and Reese with today's quality standards would be amazing too. They will never happen though, it's marvel and star wars from here on out.

****ing knew when they made that Genisys Endoskeleton it would pretty much extinguish any hope of getting a 2.0 of the classic Endo. Such a waste.

I just want a really nice 1/6 endoskeleton from T1/T2, is that really so much to ask for?

Those are my three most wanted figures from them. A nice die cast/chrome T2 endoskeleton with a skull diorama base would be incredible. Hicks and Reese with today's quality standards would be amazing too. They will never happen though, it's marvel and star wars from here on out.

I'd be all in for a T1/T2 die-cast Endo :panic:

****ing knew when they made that Genisys Endoskeleton it would pretty much extinguish any hope of getting a 2.0 of the classic Endo. Such a waste.
Ya know, as much as I'd buy 2.0 versions of characters I love, and as obviously superior all the revamped versions of a of a lot these characters are, nothing has given me the buzz I got as when I opened the MMS117 and DX01 for the first time.lol I don't have either one anymore and both have better versions but that's the truth of it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say I was less excited for, say, DX10 when it was on its way to me but MMS117 being the first proper Arnold Terminator they made does make it more memorable. I can't remember how early on I developed my various criticisms about that figure, the standout memory is the excitement and looking at the prototype shots every chance I got. And I was ecstatic that it had the option for the exposed Endo-arm.

I love the MMS117 more than the DX10, the only reason I kept the DX over the MMS is because it doesn?t fit being displayed with the DX13.

I originally picked up the MMS117 and T-1000. Ended up selling both in an attempt to trim down the collection. Regretted it later and a couple of years later ended up picking them up again.

I think that with the glasses on, the MMS117 nails the character perfectly.

I've tried trimming my Terminator collection but with little success. It's my first world problem of late because I see so many other collections with a restrained approach and how neat and cool that looks - I absolutely understand the merit in it and how you can actually reduce the impact of a figure by having multiples of it on display. Alas I could only go so far. I think I eliminated about 5 variants in all. Some T-1000s and some Uncle Bobs. I didn't sell them, I just broke them down into spare parts to try and restore the completeness of as many other figures as possible that I have boxes for.

I've tried trimming my Terminator collection but with little success. It's my first world problem of late because I see so many other collections with a restrained approach and how neat and cool that looks - I absolutely understand the merit in it and how you can actually reduce the impact of a figure by having multiples of it on display. Alas I could only go so far. I think I eliminated about 5 variants in all. Some T-1000s and some Uncle Bobs. I didn't sell them, I just broke them down into spare parts to try and restore the completeness of as many other figures as possible that I have boxes for.

Yeah ive been selling a few of my HT figs but I cant bring myself to sell any of my T1/T2 figs. Will probably hold onto them all until they crumble to dust, or I crumble to dust.:lol

I've always been pretty picky with figure purchases so selling off figures isn't easy.

The Terminator line from Hot Toys has been addictive. So many great scenes for each character to recreate that multiple purchases are a given.

Just with the T-1000 alone, we've got the different head sculpts released (regular, split-head and doughnut-head) along with regular and motorcycle outfit versions.

With the T-800 there's even more versions.

Nice. I just can't do that. Too many scenes/looks seem important.

Although there is one more Uncle Bob I think I can do without - the minigun figure. I prefer how DX10 displays using the m79 grenade launcher for a few reasons - I like being able to see the full bandolier; the mini-gun pose has the bag and/or M79 constantly slipping off the shoulder; lastly the hands aren't sculpted for the correct 'mantis' pose which annoys me.

As cool as that looks even then it seems a bit too much for my tastes. At first glance most of those look exactly the same. The less is more approach has worked out well for the overall look of my collection...and wallet for that matter. :lol

I love the MMS117 more than the DX10, the only reason I kept the DX over the MMS is because it doesn?t fit being displayed with the DX13.

My MMS117 with DX10 leathers and sunglasses.
5jmBqJx.jpg

:cool:

Figured I'd bump the thread with a couple of custom Terminator pieces I've finished recently . Enjoy
a75a37526cbfe12e3c81e878a2ff9837.jpg
dce9f86166763535921bc2ef234dfba6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back