Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm STILL looking for a good extra figure body to build the second DX13 option. Is there a Thor, Captain America or other option out there that would do the job?

I'm STILL looking for a good extra figure body to build the second DX13 option. Is there a Thor, Captain America or other option out there that would do the job?

Ideally, I would go with the "I'll be back" scene which needs a DX13 body with the DX10 pants, since I don't see much point in two DX13 looks in scenes just seconds apart.

Nah, including this guy :lol But I know that wouldn't be a popular opinion.

I'd agree a-dev on second thought! As an Alien/Predator/Terminator only collector pretty much, i'm getting to the end of my rope with Hot Toys and their half-hearted efforts towards those licenses. Reckon I'll be selling my collection off in favour of statues; better VFM and shelf-presence in my book. And weirdly less waiting.

Around seven predator 2.0s in 4 years, since the 2012 announcement. Too slow to follow.

With the proceeds, I could have alot of fun with NECA. Could buy every damn character in a weekend! But I think less is more probably.

There'll likely be a DX13 going onto Ebay in the UK towards the end of this week!

Wow. I didn't expect that turnaround. :lol You seemed pretty sure he was fine.

When the blogger pics started appearing, particularly some deliberately blurry Plastic Enemies teasers, I thought Hot Toys had finally nailed it. And when I got it in hand I loved it....but that didn't last. Just couldn't help noticing the wide face and the perennial failure of Hot Toys to sculpt his hair properly. And the PERS eyes were an improvement on DX10's but still not great really, they still detract from the realism, particularly when he's looking straight ahead for some reason. Add to that the excessive blood paint turning what should have been chrome endo-parts bronze. I ended up replacing the jacket because the tailoring was once again a miss;I wish I could do something to make the chest and knee battle-damage more accurate, I don't really like the artistic license they took. So yeah, a lot of things I'd change on that figure. That said, as a set it remains pretty well packed out so credit where it's due. I love the T-1000 statue, that was pretty much a dream come true for me to be able to recreate that scene.

Haha, the turnaround is more my feelings toward the hobby overall, rather than a particular criticism of this figure.

For what it is, it's the best 1/6 Arnold figure out there. Alot of attention to detail, don't get me wrong. (Agreed on the PERS criticisms and likeness.)

Robocop and Tracker Predator. Outstanding figures.

I'd have more fun with NECA I think, or taking a 'one-and-done' approach to the movies with high-end statues though. I'm not a rich guy- have spent 2k+ on these things; and not feeling as good about that as I used to. If 3-5 Hot Toys equates to a 1:1 Alien bust by CoolProps; I know which one I'd rather have. Plus, not looking to collect expensive items forever; seems logical to get out now and re-direct the collection with a view to it coming to an end.

On that note; I managed to pick up Sigourney Weaver's autograph for £35. Plan to display it with a life-size Alien bust at some point. A bargain!

I feel similarly. I'm not rich, never was, so I never really should have jumped into high-end at all let alone bought the amount that I did.

I've sold a lot though and in doing so regained some semblance of control. The next test would be if Hot Toys did make another T1 or T2 figure, would I go nuts buying multiples as I have in the past? I'm not so sure anymore.

Thank you, Psycho, daypro and Ryan Pliskin. :duff

My idea was to use the original body and heavy BD sculpt to display him from the end of the film, with his damaged arm and other arm holding the metal rod.

Then find a second body to display him with the less BD sculpt and holding out the grenade launcher and pistol (which I currently have him displayed).

T-800 Cyberdyne Systems 2.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I think Uncle Bob looks kinda weird there.
that's a concept art of scalp cutting to get access to the CPU, it didn't make into final cut because Cameron deleted the whole read/write switch scene.

Finally scored an DX13. Just now got around to taking decent pictures of this guy....

13268446_10154204853659346_4469182855307212361_o.jpg

13243694_10154204853664346_5784272712853814168_o.jpg

13235418_10154204853679346_388827460796080275_o.jpg

Back