Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a few other type's but think could work well and most likely cheaper before hot toys include's one.

Absolutely. I hunted down your T1 pics again recently and reposted links in the MMS136 thread actually. Those were pretty definitive shots of that figure, and an exactness of posing from the film that I really loved and tried to go for with my Pescadero scenes. It was tough matching MMS117 up to the film though, the experience kinda lowered my opinion of that figure actually, and it was already lower than most other people's. It really looked off in the head and body.

That's why I was so impressed with the Enterbay figure, the head has a few issues, but overall, it's like looking at Arnie, I didn't have to compensate for anything wrong with it, I could just shoot it. MMS117 had it's good and bad angles and lighting, under the wrong conditions it looked pretty rough.

well... after you put it that way, the alternate explanation really looks fake.
if that was the case, he'd ask "why are your eyes pouring liquid too much", not "what's happening at all".
so you're right, and "i have detailed files on human anatomy" joined with "what's wrong with your eyes" is a bug/mistake.

i see. i guess i'll have a blind spot for that place to ignore it )

I think in the car he should have simply asked "why are you crying?" which is an embarrassing question to ask any 10 year old who's trying to be tough and John's silence would have been appropriate. Then he simply could have asked John again when they were fixing the truck just as it actually played out.

Of course, we can find these nits if we look for them. But Cameron said early on that you have to take a lot of the stuff in these things with a grain of salt. The fact is, he makes them realistic enough that the audience isn't sitting there questioning things constantly as the movie progresses. What happens makes sense in the universe that he has constructed. We come along for the ride, and enjoy it because the films are really masterfully crafted (T1 and T2, that is). But the most basic premise of T1 is pretty odd--you send an infiltration robot disguised as a human, yet have him look like Mr. Universe so that there is no way he would really go unnoticed. But it is for the good of the movie, so we roll with it.

The problem with movies like the Star Wars prequels is that the unnatural behaviors, logical inconsistencies, etc. work in such a way that viewers are taken out of the film and can't enjoy it. Cameron doesn't make that mistake.

Yep, you don't instantly see the naked T-1000 and say, "hey, that liquid metal terminator is not surrounded by living tissue! How did he appear!??" You don't even think about that until the second, third, or 10th time you watch the movie. I always say if it takes 20 viewings for me to notice a pretty glaring mistake then the director has done his/her job.

I know most of you don't like part 3 but if HT did Salvation figures then T3 deserves more. I would like to see T3 Arnold and TX to end my Terminator line:) How about a DX like that:)?

review_t3_3.jpg

review_t3_5.jpg

Thats pretty cool :thud:

Man - that's excellent! :rock

It looks so well kept - I have concert tickets from the early 90s that have completely faded details & text.

Nice one. :)

Thanks guys. I have a whole collection of vintage movie tickets from the most memorable movies I've seen at the theater, all starting with Terminator 2. I've been saving doubles of the first movies we've taken our daughter to as well (Ponyo, Princess and the Frog, Toy Story 3, Tangled, Madagascar 3, Brave) because I've always thought it'd be awesome to have the tickets of when I saw the original Star Wars films and other movies from back in the day when I was a little kid.

Thanks. I'd probably pass though, just seems no point when John himself is so annoyingly unlikely.

That's why I was so impressed with the Enterbay figure, the head has a few issues, but overall, it's like looking at Arnie, I didn't have to compensate for anything wrong with it, I could just shoot it. MMS117 had it's good and bad angles and lighting, under the wrong conditions it looked pretty rough.

The sculpt looks awful in one of my close-up shots. I left the pic in though because it seemed kind of important in the sequence. I actually tried using the EB sculpt in some closeups but couldn't get it to work. Also, the eyes on the EB aren't great, that damn sleepiness effect that Butters goes on about and I happen to agree with. Arnie's eyes were more open and alert in the Pescadero scenes.

I think in the car he should have simply asked "why are you crying?" which is an embarrassing question to ask any 10 year old who's trying to be tough and John's silence would have been appropriate. Then he simply could have asked John again when they were fixing the truck just as it actually played out.

That would have worked.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogSikSUl2D4&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMMnlXF4mL8&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
oldies but goodies.....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
favorite deleted scene.:rotfl

I know most of you don't like part 3 but if HT did Salvation figures then T3 deserves more. I would like to see T3 Arnold and TX to end my Terminator line:) How about a DX like that:)?

review_t3_3.jpg

review_t3_5.jpg

I think the film is awful but I would nevertheless buy some T-850 figures such as the above with the coffin and the super BD version. I'd just look at the figures and pretend they came from a good film.

The damage the T-850 sustains in T3 is the only good part of the film. Yeah, it's CGI, but I liked seeing how FUBAR he was. The ****ing naked endo leg, the exposed arm. He looked like ****.

That would make a great figure.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPijjFNNSI&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6JEogiDMo&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
t3 was bad but had some good parts....

And some folks had a problem with bad to the bone in T2? I forgot how awful his introduction was.

The damage the T-850 sustains in T3 is the only good part of the film. Yeah, it's CGI, but I liked seeing how FUBAR he was. The ****ing naked endo leg, the exposed arm. He looked like ****.

That would make a great figure.

It would. HT really should go ahead and make at least that. I'm a major T3-hater and I'd buy it no question. Seeing what they did on the T2 BD..even if not 100% accurate....oh my.

I actually found T3 to be surprisingly entertaining when I first saw it but man did that feeling not last long. Anything Terminator related not directed by Cameron is just fan-fiction to me.

I actually found T3 to be surprisingly entertaining when I first saw it but man did that feeling not last long. Anything Terminator related not directed by Cameron is just fan-fiction to me.

Same thing for me. I've tried reappraising it but you can't unsee everything thats wrong with it.

Back