Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff Joebizz, cool photos and video:clap I did an evolution of only the T2 figures video myself. I think I will do a follow up video to show my second dx13 when my coo model thumper shows up next week.

Guys, clarify something for me please.

I've had this figure for about 3 weeks now...I finally opened it and was floored at how awesome he is. I don't own dx10, and after the awesomeness of dx13, I feel compelled to pick up dx10....

Then I skimmed over the past few pages and read that dx10s head is smaller in comparison to dx13....

Drop some knowledge my way fellas...wth happened??

I've had this figure for about 3 weeks now...I finally opened it and was floored at how awesome he is. I don't own dx10, and after the awesomeness of dx13, I feel compelled to pick up dx10....

Then I skimmed over the past few pages and read that dx10s head is smaller in comparison to dx13....

See dx10 is a great figure. Is it perfect "no" ... Is it as accurate as dx13 "no"
But pls remember that with each passing release things will get more and more accurate. There will always be some minor flaws here and there.

So, if you are looking at collecting most of terminator releases at this stage dx10 is a must have. Some of us have multiple of the dx10s to project as mall, cyberdyne, on bike etc and also some of us are using its body and accessories on a dx13 extra sculpt.

So my personal view - if you have funds, buy it. There is nothing perfect and nothing ever will be. Its a great figure but surely not as accurate as dx13... The next release we all hope is police station t1 ... So you would have all 3 good / decent releases... If you buy dx 10 as well... :)

See dx10 is a great figure. Is it perfect "no" ... Is it as accurate as dx13 "no"
But pls remember that with each passing release things will get more and more accurate. There will always be some minor flaws here and there.

So, if you are looking at collecting most of terminator releases at this stage dx10 is a must have. Some of us have multiple of the dx10s to project as mall, cyberdyne, on bike etc and also some of us are using its body and accessories on a dx13 extra sculpt.

So my personal view - if you have funds, buy it. There is nothing perfect and nothing ever will be. Its a great figure but surely not as accurate as dx13... The next release we all hope is police station t1 ... So you would have all 3 good / decent releases... If you buy dx 10 as well... :)

I can see that dx10 is a great figure. I held out on it because I was banking on HT producing their own 1/4 scale...well, I guess that ain't happening.

That being said...I'd love to own a dx10...however, if what I heard is true, that dx10s head is smaller than dx13, I'm gonna have to throw a red flag up and say wtf?? MoS supers being so much bigger than dx12 is unfortunate because this whole time I wanted to pose the both of them together...but they're from separate universes so...I'll have to grit my teeth and wait for the next incarnation of batman to pose next to MoS...

Dx10 and 13 on the other hand...they're from the same GD movie!!and if I'm not mistaken..dx13s head is a tweaked version of dx10. Why the size discrepancy???

Don't get me wrong, I recognize dx10 as a fantastic figure...it's just the size difference.

Just when I thought HT was getting back in shape, they turn around and do these asinine things.

Great stuff Joebizz, cool photos and video:clap I did an evolution of only the T2 figures video myself. I think I will do a follow up video to show my second dx13 when my coo model thumper shows up next week.

Thanks Skull!!! I can't wait to check yours out as well once your coo arrives..

Unfortunately yes the DX10 looks different then the DX13. Not sure what HT did there but obviously they decided to tweak the sculpt again when the worked on the DX13. I didn't realize just how different they were until I displayed them near each other and then did that pic and vid I posted above. The difference is glaring actually.

I can see that dx10 is a great figure. I held out on it because I was banking on HT producing their own 1/4 scale...well, I guess that ain't happening.

That being said...I'd love to own a dx10...however, if what I heard is true, that dx10s head is smaller than dx13, I'm gonna have to throw a red flag up and say wtf?? MoS supers being so much bigger than dx12 is unfortunate because this whole time I wanted to pose the both of them together...but they're from separate universes so...I'll have to grit my teeth and wait for the next incarnation of batman to pose next to MoS...

Dx10 and 13 on the other hand...they're from the same GD movie!!and if I'm not mistaken..dx13s head is a tweaked version of dx10. Why the size discrepancy???

Don't get me wrong, I recognize dx10 as a fantastic figure...it's just the size difference.

Just when I thought HT was getting back in shape, they turn around and do these asinine things.

DX10 looks fine... If you're displaying it with the glasses on.

It is frustrating but HT did the right thing by changing the DX13 sculpt.

Rory will tell you that HT had been producing undersized head sculpts. I didn't notice, being a relatively new collector but since having both figures in hand, I can tell you the DX13's head is the more proportionally accurate one. It's just unfortunate for Terminator fans that the head size was corrected between these two figures.

Regarding tweaks, there were a number of them made for the better. It kind of looks like a customizer got ahold of the DX10 and made adjustments to the lips, eye wrinkles, bridge of the nose, ears, reshaped the hair/back of head and now you got a pretty different, more accurate look.

And finally, it appears that the factory was not up to par with the paint and pers application. Either HT whipped them into shape for the DX13 or moved it to another, more capable facility.

In the end, it is a case of HT dropping the ball with the DX10 then getting back into shape for the DX13. The DX10 is still a decent figure but it is weak in comparison. I'll still enjoy mine until a better version comes along.

It is frustrating but HT did the right thing by changing the DX13 sculpt.

Rory will tell you that HT had been producing undersized head sculpts. I didn't notice, being a relatively new collector but since having both figures in hand, I can tell you the DX13's head is the more proportionally accurate one. It's just unfortunate for Terminator fans that the head size was corrected between these two figures.

Regarding tweaks, there were a number of them made for the better. It kind of looks like a customizer got ahold of the DX10 and made adjustments to the lips, eye wrinkles, bridge of the nose, ears, reshaped the hair/back of head and now you got a pretty different, more accurate look.

And finally, it appears that the factory was not up to par with the paint and pers application. Either HT whipped them into shape for the DX13 or moved it to another, more capable facility.

In the end, it is a case of HT dropping the ball with the DX10 then getting back into shape for the DX13. The DX10 is still a decent figure but it is weak in comparison. I'll still enjoy mine until a better version comes along.

That was very well put together. Your point instantly clicked with me. On one hand, I'm glad I didn't pick up dx10. On the other, it sucks that my Dx13 won't have it's companion piece. I skimmed through a few more pages and saw proper comparison pics. Man. Thats rough, The differences are pretty substantial.

Well, guess my funds for a dx10 have shifted in favor for a 2nd dx13.

That was very well put together. Your point instantly clicked with me. On one hand, I'm glad I didn't pick up dx10. On the other, it sucks that my Dx13 won't have it's companion piece. I skimmed through a few more pages and saw proper comparison pics. Man. Thats rough, The differences are pretty substantial.

Well, guess my funds for a dx10 have shifted in favor for a 2nd dx13.

Honestly, if I were in your position, I don't think I could pull the trigger on the DX10 either. A year ago was the sweet time to have it, when it wasn't completely overshadowed. I hear you about the companion piece though, but remember that HT loves remakes and they probably want to redeem themselves on this as they did on the DX12.

Having 2 DX13's is the way to go. I don't normally like having 2 of the same figure in my collection but I did it with the DX13 and have no regrets.

I'm actually gonna pick a DX10 up in a couple of weeks despite it's downfalls

I figured when they do a new one i can just pick up the HS or if it's not compatible I'll use the DX10 for the Harley pose and get the new one

Honestly, if I were in your position, I don't think I could pull the trigger on the DX10 either. A year ago was the sweet time to have it, when it wasn't completely overshadowed. I hear you about the companion piece though, but remember that HT loves remakes and they probably want to redeem themselves on this as they did on the DX12.

Having 2 DX13's is the way to go. I don't normally like having 2 of the same figure in my collection but I did it with the DX13 and have no regrets.

If they were to revisit dx10 to redeem themselves, they'll need to knock it out of the park. I mean, it NEEDS to be compelling. Like...it needs to comes with dx10 with a revised sculpt, along with a 2nd HS; 1st stage of battle damage (swat team scene). And like frank jaeger alluded to, an effin Harley.

Awesome awesome photos and video Joe :clap

I didn't know you were such an Ahhhnuld fan , you should come hand with us Ahhhnuldfanatics more often buddy

Here is some more pictures of my "semi" custom DX13 clean head

Here is it next the Semi BD head

Head1_zpsa1ae3dbe.jpg

and again

Head2_zps5dd3f3e8.jpg

here it is on the DX10 body the movement of the head is very restricted body

Head3_zps22aac11c.jpg

and here it is next to the DX10 head

Head5_zps71d0bff2.jpg

it still needs a bit more work but it's getting there . I'll buy another dx13 body when I can afford it and remove the bullet holes in his neck for the complete clean look.

Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

The hair on the DX10 looms better in that picture, less Afro microphone

Did they change it on the DX13 or is the picture playing tricks on me

I could see them doing a John with another clean release. They wouldn't do another semi bd head cuz they did it with this

Back