Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,

Thank you all for the C&C regarding my Frankenstein DX13 clean head sculpt :). I’ll post some more pics with a better camera when I get home from work with it alongside the DX10, DX13 SD and BD head’s. I was originally planning to use my DX10 body to display it on but for some reason all the DX13 head’s I tried on it just look a bit wrong. I know the colour of the DX10 and the DX13 are completely different but I think hot toys may have slimmed down the neck and slopped the shoulder a bit more on the new DX13 body. To me the DX10 shoulders now look very square but it could be something to do with the material of the DX10 jacket made of and is a bit stiffer.

I should be getting some black matt paint to mix in with a brown I got to paint a few bits in the hair. I then need to matt varnish it I think the shine on the head is what is left over from the varnish Hot Toys have put on it.

My other hobby before I started collecting 1/6 scales figures was creating computer images in 3ds max and I was a stickler for detail so I can see me removing all the paint again resculpting the head a bit more to add some details are the eye….

oh no what have I started….

To your credit, you did Sir BMDude, I remember.

I actually wasn't certain whether I posted about it or just thought about it. :lol

I think at one point Rory was considering the idea of doing the clean sculpt mod too. With his painting skills, it could turn out really great. Maybe there will be enough interest for him to produce a few? One thing makes me hesitant about investing in a modded DX13 sculpt for my DX10 though:

Hello all,

Thank you all for the C&C regarding my Frankenstein DX13 clean head sculpt :). I’ll post some more pics with a better camera when I get home from work with it alongside the DX10, DX13 SD and BD head’s. I was originally planning to use my DX10 body to display it on but for some reason all the DX13 head’s I tried on it just look a bit wrong. I know the colour of the DX10 and the DX13 are completely different but I think hot toys may have slimmed down the neck and slopped the shoulder a bit more on the new DX13 body. To me the DX10 shoulders now look very square but it could be something to do with the material of the DX10 jacket made of and is a bit stiffer.

There definitely is something off with the neck besides just the skin tone difference. I had my DX13 head on my DX10 body for a short time and looking at other people's pics, it looks strange.

I was originally planning to use my DX10 body to display it on but for some reason all the DX13 head’s I tried on it just look a bit wrong. I know the colour of the DX10 and the DX13 are completely different but I think hot toys may have slimmed down the neck and slopped the shoulder a bit more on the new DX13 body.

I actually wasn't certain whether I posted about it or just thought about it. :lol

I think at one point Rory was considering the idea of doing the clean sculpt mod too. With his painting skills, it could turn out really great. Maybe there will be enough interest for him to produce a few? One thing makes me hesitant about investing in a modded DX13 sculpt for my DX10 though:

There definitely is something off with the neck besides just the skin tone difference. I had my DX13 head on my DX10 body for a short time and looking at other people's pics, it looks strange.

Yeah guys I agree. Though Magmax I don't think its the case that the DX13 neck is slimmed down, in fact I think that one is even thicker. Because the problem I'm seeing when a DX13 head is on a DX10 body is the neck looks too skinny for that head. He looks a bit bobbleheaded.

Now the strange thing for me is, since my biggest complaint about DX10 is the huge neck how is it that the seemingly even bigger neck on DX13 doesn't bother me or at least doesn't bother me anywhere near as much? I'm still formulating my ideas about why on earth that would be the case.

It is an great figure and you can make a lot of dioramas with it...
I am glad i bought it a few days ago.

2u5dqtv.jpg

35lt0l4.jpg

Dammit! One of the LED lights has broke on the base. I opened it up to have a look but all wires are intact. Anyone else had this issue?

Bri

Yeah guys I agree. Though Magmax I don't think its the case that the DX13 neck is slimmed down, in fact I think that one is even thicker. Because the problem I'm seeing when a DX13 head is on a DX10 body is the neck looks too skinny for that head. He looks a bit bobbleheaded.

Now the strange thing for me is, since my biggest complaint about DX10 is the huge neck how is it that the seemingly even bigger neck on DX13 doesn't bother me or at least doesn't bother me anywhere near as much? I'm still formulating my ideas about why on earth that would be the case.

That's easy, cause the dx13 head is bigger, bigger head makes the neck appear smaller:wink1:

That's easy, cause the dx13 head is bigger, bigger head makes the neck appear smaller:wink1:

Yeah but the DX13's neck must have been correspondingly increased in size aswell to work with that bigger head. So relatively speaking DX13's neck is 'as big' as DX10's if I'm making myself understood. I hate DX10's neck so why don't I hate DX13's neck? For some reason the DX13 heads look more natural sitting atop those necks whereas DX10's head looks bizarre on its own neck, like the minoton in Sinbad.

I am so sick of waiting.

My card was charged 2 freaking months ago because it was on it's way to the retailer. How the frig does it take more then 2 months to get the shipment in from the U.S?

I have tired to be patient and calm but I am just getting pissed at this point. The store has held on to my $345 for two months now with no sign of it coming other then the vague promise it is "on the next shipment" which has been 2 months waiting already.

I can wait just don't charge my bloody card 2 months early so I lose all of my buying protection from Paypal and my cc.

I've just about had it!:gah:

The DX13 head is indeed big. It's massive actually. If you compare it to the T1 hs' it's huge, didn't people day those were a bit pin headed?

I think the difference between the 10 and 13 on the neck is that the dx13 head and neck are bigger but the head is relative to the body, the DX10s isn't

Back