Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am also not a freak / paranoid on complete screen accuracy when it comes to my custom. 90 pct there is fine and usually thats the head sculpt. Not like what hot toys or enterbay makes is accurate to the decimals. If i can create something at half the price i can live with it. 300 plus is a lot for a figure as it is. For the 100 odd dollars i will save in a custom with a non bd body ... I will buy another figure :) or another custom at a later date.

I might have to pop it in to check but by that scene is his leg damaged?

Edit: I was thinking of a different part. Still though when does the leg first get damaged?

Seen it like a 100 times :) The leg damage is more from the "ball roll" he does during truck fall.

I am also not a freak / paranoid on complete screen accuracy when it comes to my custom. 90 pct there is fine and usually thats the head sculpt. Not like what hot toys or enterbay makes is accurate to the decimals. If i can create something at half the price i can live with it. 300 plus is a lot for a figure as it is. For the 100 odd dollars i will save in a custom with a non bd body ... I will buy another figure :) or another custom at a later date.
I guess I'm more the type that if I'm going to do it I want it to be right or I just won't do it at all. There are certain times where I can see not needing to be 100% accurate like if you're just making your own thing or imagining something that happened off screen I'm okay with it not being accurate. For instance I have a Harvey Dent/Two-Face figure and at some point I'll probably buy a suit to make a Harvey Dent figure but it may not be accurate to one he wore in The Dark Knight but since he was Gotham's DA I deem it plausible that he had numerous suits so I'm fine with it not being accurate. For a scene that actually appears in a film however and a figure head sculpt which is trying to represent that certain scene then I want it to be as close to accurate as possible. Just my opinion though. I don't really intend on paying for another whole figure but I might consider making a second depending on what the parts are going for.

Last edited:
I guess I'm more the type that if I'm going to do it I want it to be right or I just won't do it at all. There are certain times where I can see not needing to be 100% accurate like if you're just making your own thing or imagining something that happened off screen I'm okay with it not being accurate. For instance I have a Harvey Dent/Two-Face figure and at some point I'll probably buy a suit to make a Harvey Dent figure but it may not be accurate to one he wore in The Dark Knight but since he was Gotham's DA I deem it plausible that he had numerous suits so I'm fine with it not being accurate. For a scene that actually appears in a film however and a figure head sculpt which is trying to represent that certain scene then I want it to be as close to accurate as possible. Just my opinion though. I don't really intend on paying for another whole figure but I might consider making a second depending on what the parts are going for.

I agree with you. Its just that i can replicate the pant damage and some shirt damage. This will be on my shelf and the headsculpt will do some level of justice. Beyond that even in the movie you cannot exactly see what level and pattern of damage it has. It definitely did not have as much damage as the hot toys one has. It had far far less damage as the hot toys one represents the damage when he is banged bad with the metal beam. Before that you just see some minor damage in a very dark enviornment so i guess not sure if having a body thats so badly damaged will be accurate to begin with? Especially the scene i want to replicate where he is looking for t1000 with a shot gun and pistol and t1000 dissapears you can see there is damage to chest and in subsequent fight his jacket zipper is i guess half closed may be a screenshot later or so and you can only see a slight glimpse no pattern.

Long answer shot, even the hot toys dx13 body will not be accurate for any scene before the iron beam - so why bother is what i feel! Again just my views. I personally believe that hot toys prices these products and gives 2 sculpts to make people buy 2 figures as a bait and knowing them they will keep doing that if we fall prey. However good for people who have money for 2 ... Like i said i have money and i will buy another figure ... Who knows another terminator that will come sooner than we think. But just dont see buying 2 of these.

Last edited:
The chest doesn't get damaged until the fight in the steel mill when the T-1000 slams a big steal thing into it .

watch my video , i say it @ around 5:15

https://youtu.be/LRuCZ_o80nw

If that were the case, the semi bd head and the left arm would be useless for accuracy collectors. And why would you saying it in a video be eviden- oh, I see what you did there.

Here's a crappy Cyberdyne screenshot I found:

1983A635-2BCE-42A6-B64E-1E1877323F13-4180-00000481C8D35C85_zps64a02234.jpg

Ok Fiend was right.
He does get the chest damage with the shootout with the swat team trying to leave Cyberdyne :horror

But they damage his face and chest with gunfire , but no damage to the bandolier :dunno

7qkz.jpg

That indicates nothing is really accurate ever. So long the head sculpt is spot on, everything else a bit here or there is relative. :) ... Head sculpt being off is obviously a big let down which in this case is not. As collectors we get paranoid on accuracy on very small things, wherein the truth is that its neither that accurate in actual movies and hot toys is also usually far off on accuracy. Once again so long head sculpt is spot on and rest is 95 pct there i am fine. Although imagine that all the damage the terminator encountered missed the bandolier... Loved the pictures posted above :)

Probably when he jumps off the liquid nitrogen truck as it slides on its side into the steel mill. Looks like he lands on his knee and tumbles at speed.

Saw u on other topics too. Saw that u buying multiple of these. How many ? :) ...

Saw u on other topics too. Saw that u buying multiple of these. How many ? :) ...

I've always had in mind to have simultaneous displays of the following:

-T-800 punching through T-1000's head
-'scanning' pose with M79 aimed and handgun at the ready
-T-1000 beating T-800 with steel rod (thus semi BD head/BD arm combo)
-full BD crawling T-800 with T-1000 standing over him
-SWAT shootout T-800

And I will be aiming for as much accuracy as possible, so as many figures as it will take to recreate those parts of the film.

I've always had in mind to have simultaneous displays of the following:

-SWAT shootout T-800

And I will be aiming for as much accuracy as possible, so as many figures as it will take to recreate those parts of the film.

Damn... Thats a neat order man.... Am impressed.

-SWAT shootout T-800
why not T-800 beating T-1000 instead, cutting him in halves?
though it will spoil a T-1000 figure of course ))

Damn... Thats a neat order man.... Am impressed.

I've actually only 'ordered' one at present time.

why not T-800 beating T-1000 instead, cutting him in halves?
though it will spoil a T-1000 figure of course ))

I could alternate with that one. Trouble is the scenario you're talking about would tempt me into buying yet another Sarah Connor for that part since I'm using my other 2 steel mill Sarahs as T-1000 in disguise as Sarah and real Sarah behind her with the shotgun. More expense in other words. If I was to have the T-800 attacking the T-1000 from behind I'd want another Sarah pinned to the wall by the T-1000. Huh - that sounds like an MMF threesome I just don't want to see.

I've actually only 'ordered' one at present time.

I could alternate with that one. Trouble is the scenario you're talking about would tempt me into buying yet another Sarah Connor for that part since I'm using my other 2 steel mill Sarahs as T-1000 in disguise as Sarah and real Sarah behind her with the shotgun. More expense in other words. If I was to have the T-800 attacking the T-1000 from behind I'd want another Sarah pinned to the wall by the T-1000. Huh - that sounds like an MMF threesome I just don't want to see.

Send me some pics man... This sounds kewl.....

Actually, while cool to think about, I don't believe shooting one of those grenades would have done anything. If I remember correctly the grenades the M79 (and other launchers) fire have to fly a certain distance before theyre primed to explode.

Back