Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for the great Superman 1/6, at this point HT and Arnie Kim would not be looking as good. If Hot Toys promises a fixed Indy sculpt and that it will be shipped out to those who want it that pre-ordered this with deposits, then it would make things better. $250 for this is outrageous. Hot Toys should have made a large enough profit that they can pay Arnie Kim to create a new better sculpt and ship them for free.. Anyone not agree with me on this one?

Of course... I didnt pay for this...

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

The lower face (the nose down) is what kills it.

The Bambi eyes don't help either. This is the third worst Indiana Jones sculpt ever after the original Kenner sculpt and the Hasbro one from a few years back, the one that had to accommodate a moving mouth.

This is worse than the Medicom sculpt for Christ's sake.

By a loooong way. I think you overestimate what a sculptor gets paid

I'm betting HT made enough profit to pay Arnie for a 100+ new sculpts :lecture

I definitely think that Hot Toys can fix this nightmare by simply apologizing for the sculpt and letting people know they will be getting a new head that they should have gotten originally at no extra cost. They have enough to pay Arnie to redo it and I'm pretty sure he'd take the money if they offered him the job again. HT could also offer the re-sculpt to someone else as well, it doesn't matter as long as the new sculpt is better than this one.

If only things worked that way.

Sadly the reality is HT will probably still sell most of what they've produced and be done with it. They are buried under a massive backlog of in-development product and they won't be bothered enough to fix this for collectors. If anything they'll do another Indiana Jones a year or two down the road with a much improved sculpt and make money from collectors all over again

:lol No way will HT get Kim to redo this sculpt. They'll weather the heat the same way EB ignored the outcry over their GoD figure. That figure turned up a million years away from the proto, the QC issues were longer than the accessories list, and somehow now everyone's cool about it. All it'll take for complete forgiveness is a single, awesome ToD Indy... stay tuned :wink1:

If only things worked that way.

Sadly the reality is HT will probably still sell most of what they've produced and be done with it. They are buried under a massive backlog of in-development product and they won't be bothered enough to fix this for collectors. If anything they'll do another Indiana Jones a year or two down the road with a much improved sculpt and make money from collectors all over again

You're probably right. Sell these out and forget about it may be their business move. However they would come out of this better if they offered to replace the heads with a new and improved sculpt at no charge.

:exactly: :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I've been playing with this Indy for an hr now. Well, I dont know, overall is worse than I expected but better than the pics that we saw. Definitely not worth a DX price tag.

I did say this is an average HT MMS grade figure. :panic::panic::panic: Will pose some pics later.

Butters? Butters are you listening?

OMG doesn't think it's great either?

What are you going to do now? Tell everyone it will be better after they have posed it?
:lol:lol

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

The Bambi eyes don't help either. This is the third worst Indiana Jones sculpt ever after the original Kenner sculpt and the Hasbro one from a few years back, the one that had to accommodate a moving mouth.

This is worse than the Medicom sculpt for Christ's sake.

That moving mouth Indy was funny looking, but much cheaper than this one

So this is where all the fans of this sculpt are hanging out. Meanwhile, over in the DX Indy specs and pics thread...

1310033928_dissapointed_supporter.gif

Fans of the sculpt?

By a loooong way. I think you overestimate what a sculptor gets paid

I'm betting HT made enough profit to pay Arnie for a 100+ new sculpts :lecture

:lecture

Long term though, this is the first MAJOR dent in HT's reputation.
This kinda shady business (hiding the thing) practice loses the respect and confidence of it's fanbase. Once bitten, twice shy.
I think thats the last pre-order I will pay for, from them unless I'm 100% sure that I want it - whatever it looks like.

It also should shut up the guys on here who call out anyone who has issues with HT proto pics. Tittybabies maybe, but sometimes those tittybabies are 100% correct. The fanboys cannot say that HT production releases always look better than proto pics anymore.

This is a major PR disaster.
:monkey4

I swore I wouldn't jump in this fray, but yeah, this is pretty disappointing. But HT has built up enough cred where they can drop the ball once in a blue moon. Many of us wouldnt be collecting 1/6 if it wasn't for them. And frankly, the interest explosion in the last few years is mainly due to their work. So, yes, it's not their best work, but I cut them some slack.

:lecture

Long term though, this is the first MAJOR dent in HT's reputation.
This kinda shady business (hiding the thing) practice loses the respect and confidence of it's fanbase. Once bitten, twice shy.
I think thats the last pre-order I will pay for, from them unless I'm 100% sure that I want it - whatever it looks like.

It also should shut up the guys on here who call out anyone who has issues with HT proto pics. Tittybabies maybe, but sometimes those tittybabies are 100% correct. The fanboys cannot say that HT production releases always look better than proto pics anymore.

This is a major PR disaster.
:monkey4

Easily rectified if they announce their mistake and try and rectify the situation. At least then most people wouldn't be afraid in the future of pre-ordering if they know HT will get it right, even if it costs them a bit out of their pocket book after the product has been released. HT should take this as an opportunity to renew the faith they have with everyone who pre-ordered and defended this piece by offering a free replacement improved sculpt. Simple PR fix in my opinion.

I swore I wouldn't jump in this fray, but yeah, this is pretty disappointing. But HT has built up enough cred where they can drop the ball once in a blue moon. Many of us wouldnt be collecting 1/6 if it wasn't for them. And frankly, the interest explosion in the last few years is mainly due to their work. So, yes, it's not their best work, but I cut them some slack.

They have built up a lot of cred, however making this mistake with the most recognizable and popular action star of our lifetimes is pretty bad. Considering there are so many very good sculpts of Indy out there that Sideshow produces.

Well I said I'd wait for OMG's pics, but that'd just be delaying the inevitable. I did it. It's gone.

Good God that's hilarious (Finally found an Avatar) Thanks Devil

Someone should post that on Arnie Kim's Facebook!

On a serious note - I PO'd this a loooong time ago, and of course I used Flexpay (like an idiot). I don't want to cancel my order and suffer any fees. Do you guys think I can make my money back on eBay? There's no way I'm keeping this Neanderthal.

Last edited:
FfEwi7iX8U8

I agree, the sculpt isn't 100%, but it's very good.

Good God that's hilarious

Someone should post that on Arnie Kim's Facebook!

On a serious note - I PO'd this a loooong time ago, and of course I used Flexpay (like an idiot). I don't want to cancel my order and suffer any fees. Do you guys think I can make my money back on eBay? There's no way I'm keeping this Neanderthal.

Hmm, the accessories and body sure are nice. If you try and sell the parts separately, you may get your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back