1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Makes me wonder if they will have "anti-metal" aka "antarctic vibranium" in the MCU... in the comics Panthers claws are made of it and that might explain it if the scratches are more than just paint scraped off.
Hopefully it's explained. Could be just superior quality vibranium or specially treated so it can destroy other Vibranium weapons

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I might be the only one but i don't like the extra swap out face plates that come with the regular. I would never use them, i think the angry mouth sculpt looks awful, those teeth remind me of the Golden Age cap head sculpt which i also didn't like. I wasn't even planning on buying a cap from civil war since i have the AoU version, but i was sold on this one with the dirty clothes, damaged shield and unique base. Currently, i have the masked AoU head on my GA cap, my AoU cap is unmasked holding the the empty helmet accessory, so when i get this one i plan on putting the unmasked head on GA and display this CAP with the masked /helmeted head.

Hopefully it's explained. Could be just superior quality vibranium or specially treated so it can destroy other Vibranium weapons

I thought that Cap's shield was the strongest metal on earth in the comics because it was a mixture of Vibranium and Adimantium Plus that was basically a mistake but was never able to be replicated (lol, sort of like the Super Soldier serum they gave Steve). I know that Fox owns Adamantium so they can't use that but I sure hope that T'Challa can only scratch the paint on the shield.

I thought that Cap's shield was the strongest metal on earth in the comics because it was a mixture of Vibranium and Adimantium Plus that was basically a mistake but was never able to be replicated (lol, sort of like the Super Soldier serum they gave Steve). I know that Fox owns Adamantium so they can't use that but I sure hope that T'Challa can only scratch the paint on the shield.

Ok I might be overthinking this but it 'sounded' like he scratched deep into the shield metal and not just the paint :lol
I think in the MCU it's just Vibranium

T'Challa is a great warrior. I doubt he would go up against Cap without some kind of defense against his vibranium shield

I'm overthinking too but if the paint in the shield can come off, that means any bullet, blast, kicks and punches would have destroyed the paint like nothing. Unless it's vibranium paint lol

I'm overthinking too but if the paint in the shield can come off, that means any bullet, blast, kicks and punches would have destroyed the paint like nothing. Unless it's vibranium paint lol

The paint is frequently damaged. And replaced regularly.
It can't be vibranium paint, lol.

The paint is frequently damaged. And replaced regularly.
It can't be vibranium paint, lol.

True, look at Winter Soldier. He even had it repainted from stealth blues to normal red white and blue in the middle of the movie. Priorities.

Short video clip that shows the full line of CW Hot Toys figure at MOKO.

See Captain America "Battling Ver" and Scarlet Witch "New Avengers Ver" at 0:39

True, look at Winter Soldier. He even had it repainted from stealth blues to normal red white and blue in the middle of the movie. Priorities.

It's a coating he has applied before night missions.
If you watch the Batroc fight, the shield has pieces of the coating missing, that show the red and blue under it.

It's a coating he has applied before night missions.
If you watch the Batroc fight, the shield has pieces of the coating missing, that show the red and blue under it.

Interesting. Wasn't privy of that.

The stand in that video does have a clear crotch grabber support it looks like. So no magnets I guess.

I'm regret getting this version......

Should order 2 instead. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

After watching the movie...
Spoiler Spoiler:

After watching the movie...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Black panther
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I get the photoshopped background is from the iron man fight. if you've seen the film which figure actually fits that scene better? The cap figure with the face that is in fight mode and the shield to match, or this one that has the scratched shield and stoic face? The background is just a cool look for the pictures.

The other figure has that same background in some of the images, and the figure actually fits the film in that way. This figure matches the earlier scene. Forget the background. Just look at the figure, since it doesn't actually come with the background. The battling version matches the black panther scene (hence no bloody face) and the regular version matches the final scene.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back