Hot Toys: Cad Bane - Book of Boba Fett 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet decades before GotG ...
da03e54d7dff68752494e8dfe348b54d.gif

ff6fc0d3006030b56095a2f7d29d9a67.gif

Agree, character and figure look terrific.
Err I thought GotG and Yondu have been around since late sixties?

Yet decades before GotG ...
Likely Nilo Rodis-Jamero concept:
da03e54d7dff68752494e8dfe348b54d.gif

ff6fc0d3006030b56095a2f7d29d9a67.gif

Agree, character and figure look terrific.
Really not sure where they found that sketch - it's never appeared in any book/exhibition I'm aware of, so I guess deep-deep archives.

It's not so much the broad rimmed hat (an element in unused 1981/82 concepts for a number of ROTJ characters from Bib Fortuna to Imp Dignitary to Rebel Commandos, so not surprised by that pencil sketch) but more the combo of quite real-world costume elements that for me places it visually outside of SW and more in earth-connected sci-fi/fantasy for some reason.

I always thought Cad Bane looked more like a GOTG character than a SW one,
Err I thought GotG and Yondu have been around since late sixties?
Yes, though seems he's referencing specifically the movie era aesthetic.
Not... 🙃
7wk041.gif

7wjh2t.jpg

Really not sure where they found that sketch - it's never appeared in any book/exhibition I'm aware of, so I guess deep-deep archives.
Likely the same archives as other repurposed concepts, they've been mining for years.
It's not so much the broad rimmed hat (an element in unused 1981/82 concepts for a number of ROTJ characters from Bib Fortuna to Imp Dignitary to Rebel Commandos, so not surprised by that pencil sketch) but more the combo of quite real-world costume elements that for me places it visually outside of SW and more in earth-connected sci-fi/fantasy for some reason.
Agree, I can see the cowboy theme (though mostly the hat) might stand out as to on-the-nose, yet the same way the eastern, classical antiquity, knights in armor, WWII, Western, Kurosawa to Leone, etc, influences are mixed in, the root sketch (while not directly manifest in the OT) speaks to those sources, when combined with the sci-fantasy-alien elements, he reads to me as archetypical SW, or rather he fits right in. :wink1:
7wkaig.gif

7wk9xs.gif

Last edited:
Shipping to me today.

Might be my last figure of the year (thank god), unless OBK Vader and/or AT-RT end up shipping out to us at in Q4.

My good friends at Toys Wonderland hosed me on this figure…..anyplace have dx or wven regular at retail in the states?
Pretty much sold out at US retailers. Hawkwarztoyz has a brand new standard version on Mercari for $100 over retail with free shipping. That’s where I got mine from. Well worth it IMO. Got stickers and a free comic as well lol.

I’ve done a lot of business with them no issues…last two has been quadra- fraks…..when that happens learning they are not helpful in solving the issue…..

I’ve done a lot of business with them no issues…last two has been quadra- fraks…..when that happens learning they are not helpful in solving the issue…..
Sorry to hear that but as I always say around here, it doesn't matter how many orders you've placed with TW, it's a matter of when they'll screw you, not if. Their CS will take a their sweet time to get back to you while also being less than helpful. But hey, maybe give you store credit to screw you with on the next purchase.

I stopped pre-ordering Hot Toys for the most part a couple years ago. Managed to grab the standard Bane from a local toy store website the other night. Got him for less than retail with a coupon code. Stoked to have this delivered tomorrow.
Screenshot_20230823-004830~2.png

Just received my deluxe Cad Bane last night. What an absolute masterpiece! He’s so tall and imposing!

My only complaint is the lack of a traditional crotch grabber. Dynamic flight stand is not my favorite.

Attachments

• 71460877846__F1D6C900-4E13-4AE0-BD30-48E374074739.fullsizerender.jpeg
    71460877846__F1D6C900-4E13-4AE0-BD30-48E374074739.fullsizerender.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1485.jpeg
    IMG_1485.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Yup. Rumors of Sideshow cancelling their version are spreading. Looks like a custom hat is all we are going to get if someone offers one.

Back