1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes this is a question :| Okay maybe they left old face but...hair too? which is completely different in BvS. there is not any scene with this hair.

I got answer from Sideshow. such a perfect team with big heart. I love their dependence on customers. we don't have to be worried. if figure turns out with MOS head. we can cancel it.

''Hi Giorgi,

Thank you for contacting Sideshow Support!

We currently have no information from Hot Toys regarding the head sculpt of the new Batman sixth scale figure from Batman Vs. Superman. Hopefully is this figure has undergone such an alteration, we will be notified right away. I can confirm that we will not be shipping this figure until the expected time frame of May-July. If we receive any update regarding the head sculpt or early shipping date, we will absolutely let you know!

Best regards,

Michelle Gaeta''

You're asking the wrong people by asking SSC. They have no part in the production process of these figures, they are just a distributor. They sell what they receive from HT. All SSC can say is that if you're not satisfied with the product, you can simply cancel or return it.

If they still expect the figure to arrive in their warehouse in May-July, that means it can release in HK at any time in the next month or two.

I'll stick with the "newly developed headsculpt" thing.. i dont think HT dare to screw us all with the same hs. If there is something wrong with the licenses or whatever it is, they should hv been notify us sooner before the coming soon releases pic.

I understand the literal meaning of "Non-Refundable" in NRD, but I'm entirely curious if we would have a valid point to cancel if it came to it and would SCC actually do maybe a one time NRD refund?

Either way, I would bite the bullet and forego the NRD and cancel if it is truly not the previously shown HS.

Whenever there is a substantive change (like in schedule, paint, sculpt, etc.), Sideshow lets you cancel and will refund the NRD if you ask.

I'm betting it will be a new HS and the coming soon pic was a massive goof up..

I hope!

They still have the new head sculpt pics on SSC and HT, so I'd imagine it's coming. However it is weird that Toy Soul was the only time we saw the new sculpt on display. It's been the MOS sculpt ever since, at Secret Base, at Wonder Con, and now their coming soon pic. Hopefully there's a positive angle here and they are just trying to surprise us. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm betting it will be a new HS and the coming soon pic was a massive goof up..

I hope!

Coming soon pics have always been of final production products. I can't think of a single instance where one wasn't.

The Superman in that pic is the one that is shipping.

They still have the new head sculpt pics on SSC and HT, so I'd imagine it's coming. However it is weird that Toy Soul was the only time we saw the new sculpt on display. It's been the MOS sculpt ever since, at Secret Base, at Wonder Con, and now their coming soon pic. Hopefully there's a positive angle here and they are just trying to surprise us. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys and SSC never updated the Han Solo sculpt pics. Even the packaging was of the first prototype sculpt. So this is not without precedent.

12920504_1775721745980449_8117302204196957651_n.jpg

Hot Toys and SSC never updated the Han Solo sculpt pics. Even the packaging was of the first prototype sculpt. So this is not without precedent.

I have that figure too, and come to think of it that's true now that I'm looking the old pics and actual figure. Of all the Hot Toys I have collected over the last decade, I don't own one that's ever had a previous sculpt advertised, then pulled at the last minute for a previous movie version of an older figure though. However if they really are doing it this time...first time for everything. [emoji107]

I can only hope it was a mistake on Hot Toy's part and they do use the new head sculpt on the actual release but I'm more than a little worried now.. Was def planning on getting this at some point since I have no Superman in my collection but it's a def no if it's the old head sculpt.. What a bummer!!

I can only hope it was a mistake on Hot Toy's part and they do use the new head sculpt on the actual release but I'm more than a little worried now.. Was def planning on getting this at some point since I have no Superman in my collection but it's a def no if it's the old head sculpt.. What a bummer!!

Just get MoS Superman.

relax- go ape if it's released and it is the old hs....just chill for now....:thud:

I personally do really have a tough time believing HT would pull this much of a grand deception with customers. Advertise as including a newly developed sculpt, then literally at the last second before packaging, decide to recycle an old sculpt. To me, their main selling incentive/point for this figure IS the new sculpt. Even for people without a Supes figure, there'd be no incentive to get this figure with a MoS sculpt because it'd be inaccurate; they'd be better off getting a MoS Supes.

Just get MoS Superman.

I would have already purchased that one if that was the one I wanted.. The majority on here wanted the new head sculpt. I'm still leaning more on the side that it will have the new head sculpt until I hear otherwise from Hot Toys or it actually gets released with the old one

There had to be a trade-off, new muscular body for Batman, old sculpt for Superman. Luthor's behind this. :lol

I don't know what's what. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The DC section is going to melt down if we get a repainted MoS sculpt.

There's nothing anyone can do about it now anyway. This is getting blown out of proportion. I see people on facebook crying and spamming the comments section.

1. wait and see. It could just be a mistake and they had the MoS head lying around
2. nothing any of the customers or Sideshow can do about it, so stop bugging them
3. if this figure does sport a repainted MoS head, there's nothing Hot Toys can do about it at this point. They're already produced and made, sitting in their shipping cartons ready to be shipped out to customers all over the world.

Whatever it ends up being, it's already done. Hot Toys can't just "take it back". :lol

I highly doubt they'd do something like this, I mean, the backlash would be huge. I'm sure it was just a mistake for the display and backstage "coming soon" pic. However, if they did change it last second and it's indeed the MoS head, may God have mercy on their souls. The tears, chaos and insanity that would ensue afterwards would be quite the experience. Seeing that kind of response might make this whole MoS head worth it.

Back