1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want them to look good, the trade off is often articulation. I prefer that they look as perfect as possible as I never pose my figures in anything other than museum poses. I find that as soon as you start giving them dynamic poses, they can look more like toys.

I don't think they are marketed as 'action figures' - more 'high-end collectables'.

I'm with you there. For me personally, I prefer accuracy over articulation. Having them articulate well of course is preferred, but if having an arm, leg, ab crunch, etc. move an inch more meant sacrificing accuracy, I'm on the side of accuracy. The Ant-Man figure, for instance. Has to be up there on the list of one of the figures with the worst articulation, but man is the figure gorgeous.

I'm with you there. For me personally, I prefer accuracy over articulation. Having them articulate well of course is preferred, but if having an arm, leg, ab crunch, etc. move an inch more meant sacrificing accuracy, I'm on the side of accuracy. The Ant-Man figure, for instance. Has to be up there on the list of one of the figures with the worst articulation, but man is the figure gorgeous.

Glad you wrote that, cause I had been thinking about getting the Ant-Man. Now I wont. The Reeves Superman is VERY articulated, and he is still my personal favorite in looks, head sculpt and overall figure.

Maybe I was too quick to judge BvS Superman. Maybe the reviewer just didn't push him. I'm still looking forward to it. But I wont pre-order Bats until I have seen the articulation. WW will be tough. If they change the HS, make it better, I will get her, if not, I wont. 17 points of articulation and that HS = no

This figure turned out great. I have the MoS figure and love that one, but I'll get this one as well, I'm a big Superman fan.

Crap... this figure turned out way too awesome, which means my 2-Pack Waitlist on Sideshow is now less likely to convert. :( :lol

Honestly, thank you for posting this. I had no idea they were on the waitlist, so, I jumped on today, this is one situation where I'm hoping the negative reception to the movie carries over. The less people interested in buying these, the better, as far as I'm concerned.:lol

more pics
from fb
13131656_948941041893551_8538558303975802640_o.jpg

yeah i think painted it is far too kind away to describe what i did ,daubed it is properly nearer the mark lol
this is the stuff i used ,just cheapo acrylic paint my daughter laura "acquired" from school some years ago lol
20160508_134739_zpso6ycche7.jpg

I like it. the black piece of plastic that the cape is inserted into (I don't know what its called) looks longer than the standard that comes with the stock figure. What is it? Also does the paint chip if you pose the figure?

Back