1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too, except MOS 2 will never happen!

You can expect a looooot of Bats movies, but I'm afraid we won't see Superman in a solo movie for a long, long time. Certainly not before a reboot. The two movies he stared in were....errrr....limited successes.

Superman sequel will happen, just without Snyder hopefully. I've been a fan of his for a long time but after he spat out the BvS mess I'm ready for someone else to handle the Man of Tomorrow.

Superman sequel will happen, just without Snyder hopefully. I've been a fan of his for a long time but after he spat out the BvS mess I'm ready for someone else to handle the Man of Tomorrow.

Well, it's not even in the DC schedule. Okay, I know there are two unnamed films, but it's more likely a Batman film and Suicide Squad 2 which will also star Batman probably. DC has given up on Supes a long time ago.

Hitler said it best when he said that DC would need a wizard like Whedon at the helm to make these guys work.
I always love the films, but i doubt they will ever be as good at this as Marvel has become.

The problem is that Marvel will have stretched out a grand saga over a 10 year period, and DC is trying to do the same with in 3 films. They scrambled to play catch up and it showed in BvS. A solo Batman movie should've came before that, at the very least.

March 16.

I don't really care about it actually. I'm wondering though if I should part it out, but I feel like it's a cheap-skate move :lol

sweet, maybe im not too far off i went on in March 25th Hopefully! I would happily take yours if SS allowed for it haha

If you need the extra doe, i see no problem with selling it off separately. It lets people who missed out get a chance at grabbing one

I'm more psyched for Man of Steel 2, than the next Batman solo.

While i liked BvS, I feel it really failed as a MOS sequel. I think MOS was a better made movie, and Superman deserves the spotlight of which he got none in BvS.

I was quite sad to hear that George Miller didn't want to direct it.

The problem is that Marvel will have stretched out a grand saga over a 10 year period, and DC is trying to do the same with in 3 films. They scrambled to play catch up and it showed in BvS. A solo Batman movie should've came before that, at the very least.

At this stage, i am surprised that Disney hasn't bought it all over. They must be swimming in cash, lol.

Kidult toy shop just messaged me on FB and said within the week. That was all he said

I agree. I loved BvS, but I definitely would've preferred another Superman movie first. Maybe even a solo Batman movie.

I can see your perspective. However, at the same time, why does the DCEU need to follow the Marvel blueprint in the sense that they need have solo films for each main character that lead up to the JL? It would be interesting to see it done a different way, where all these meta humans merely have cameos in the films that are intended to feature the more marquee characters, then they randomly come together for a greater cause.

sweet, maybe im not too far off i went on in March 25th Hopefully! I would happily take yours if SS allowed for it haha

If you need the extra doe, i see no problem with selling it off separately. It lets people who missed out get a chance at grabbing one

While i liked BvS, I feel it really failed as a MOS sequel. I think MOS was a better made movie, and Superman deserves the spotlight of which he got none in BvS.

I was quite sad to hear that George Miller didn't want to direct it.

Personally, I thought Superman was front and center in BvS and was actually more of the main character. Perhaps he may not have had more screen time, but it was his idealism and morality that carried the film because it was his idealism and morality that was constantly being challenged. Batman fell victim to the cynical and corrupted world that we live in by letting it consume him because over time, he felt that he was ultimately fighting a fight that he didn't feel he could win; a gardner pulling up weeds in a yard that is overrun by them, so to speak, so he gave up and unbeknownst to him, became one of the very persons that caused him to become jaded in the first place. Hence Alfred's remark, "The feeling of powerlessness that turns good men.....cruel." Superman faced the exact same scenario, but he instead chose to not give up and it was his tenacity that restored Batman's hope and is ultimately leading to the creation of the JL.

Right after Superman's sacrifice, I personally believe this scene was meant to be symbolic in nature and serve as a visual representation to the viewer. Batman stepping out into the light from being obscured by darkness. His hope being rekindled after having been shrouded in darkness:

anigif_original-grid-image-7750-1429313346-18.gif

Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne were the exact same jaded person in BvS, in my opinion. One just represented the side that can be redeemed while the other, couldn't.

Nope, I never have so far and have ordered a lot from him. He usually declares a low value.

I'm sure the price from Kidult is marked up for these newly released figures just like Timcent but since I've never purchased from Kidult, does anyone know which is the more affordable choice or are they about the same? I believe Timcent has free shipping included on all purchases which I always appreciated.

Back