Hot Toys Black Widow - Black Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i honestly think it looks great 🤷‍♂️

some of the blogger photos were a bit concerning but in that video it looks awesome. the soft parts of the suit will be more suitable for posing, the new hairstyle looks great, and the split cut boots are a huge upgrade for balancing.

was a day one preorder for me, no movement on sideshow yet.

Sigh, I think the figure looks fine overall but they kept the damn inaccurate wedges on the boots lazy bastards

yv37fhR.jpg

vs the IS Statue
BSaOz9k.jpg

I did NOT see a magnetic shield coming. I was expecting a throwaway plastic accessory, but leave it to HT to put some thought into the exclusive accessory for a change.

I'm still not sold on the head sculpt (was never a fan of the EG sculpt), but I'll wait to see it in person to decide if I want to keep it or not. That first Avengers head sculpt is still my favorite to this day.

I did NOT see a magnetic shield coming. I was expecting a throwaway plastic accessory, but leave it to HT to put some thought into the exclusive accessory for a change.
Well it is the exact same shield from the Taskmaster figure including the magnet so it makes sense.

This photo, It is the same facial sculpt from the looks of this... different paint app and hair/ears.
Looks slightly different to me but they're both fine.

What's really throwing things off is the hair. The BW Movie hair doesn't have enough color gradation to improve the sculpt of the hair...which in itself isn't the best.

It may be the same sculpt, but in images I've seen so far the paint seems to fail it. Also really lazy not to change the boot sculpt. Not exactly a movie 'masterpiece' at that point.

I feel like this is a cyclical argument
I understand both sides. Everyone, ordering a figure, hopes that it turns out to be a great rendition of the character.
And if it doesn’t, then it feels a bit of a wasted opportunity.
Not only because you might still really want to fill that gap in your collection but, if you cancel, they might not revisit that character they half-assed due to an incorrectly attributed lack of interest in the character.
I am a big believer in voting with your wallet. This is an expensive hobby and I’d certainly never blame anyone for cancelling if they don’t like the end result. Your money, your collection, your choice.
When I have cancelled figures, I have only done so because the final product was so crummy, so far from the original proto, that I couldn’t buy it.
Till now, those figures, only Snake Plisskin, and the DC Superman, were $90 figures they had the gall to charge over $200 for.
Especially considering what the final piece looked like.
With a HT figure. If I were on the fence and wanted to wait to see what the final piece looked like, I’d I don’t like it, it just means I have saved money. And that’s a good thing, lol.
If I’d like the character and the final piece doesn’t cut it? I never see saving money as a negative.

I know the biggest area of contention is the likeness of the head sculpt (and to me I think it looks good), but the figure turned out great! The suit's looking nice (bar the inaccurate boots) and the proportions seem a bit better.

I know the biggest area of contention is the likeness of the head sculpt (and to me I think it looks good), but the figure turned out great! The suit's looking nice (bar the inaccurate boots) and the proportions seem a bit better.
I think from the neck down it’s probably the best Black Widow figure. The head is disappointing; I wouldn’t say it’s bad, but it’s not better and feels like a downgrade compared to the Endgame version.

Justin has his video up now.

Having not seen this in-hand, I think my favourite sculpts are probably A1 (in spite of being dated and not totally accurate) ... CW and EG. The proportions look great on this one, and the pops of gold give it a nice comic vibe.

Having not seen this in-hand, I think my favourite sculpts are probably A1 (in spite of being dated and not totally accurate) ... CW and EG. The proportions look great on this one, and the pops of gold give it a nice comic vibe.
Yep I remember wanting a Black Widow since I think it was Civil War. None of the ones since then cut it for me.

This however was as good as it could get imo. Especially for the suit, paint apps, hair colour etc. The sculpt isn't perfect, but isn't totally bad.

I'm someone who typically picks only one definitive version of a character for my display. So for me this one fits the bill.

Her space is waiting front right. But now the new Tchalla also needs to fit as well. I think they'll fit.

Then I'll be more or less done I think. Other than Drax and Mantis for Guardians 3. I hope !!!

IMG_5022 2.JPG

Back