Hot toys BB-8 & BB-9E

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys BB-8 & BB-9E

They won't make it easy for Porg lovers to collect a bunch. Will probably have a single one included with every $230 good guy. Except Rose. She'll come with three.

Spoiler....

I heard Chewie will come with a Porg sandwich.....

I'm getting this set because, like I said earlier, I passed on the Rey & BB-8 set and I want BB-8 in my collection. Getting BB-9E & Mouse droid is a bonus for me.

Now I just want a TLJ Rey.

I did the same. Just picked up Rey and snagged a Sphero for cheap to put with her. I'll probably pick this up for the same reason.

Where are you seeing no NRD?

image1.png

Huh, that is interesting. Does BBTS have a limit where they put it on or off? SSC's used to be $200 but that has gone by the wayside.

I have a couple PO's with them now - Jedi Luke and Tarkin/Vader pk - with no NRD. I believe TLJ Kylo and Executioner Trooper have NRD's which i think is the first for BBTS.

In all seriousness though, it's like Mike was saying about Stockholm syndrome. Hot Toys literally has some people by the balls now, because hey, atleast these small toys are actually under $200 this time!
I don't think they're cheap but realistically going by pricing of Hot Toys figures they are about as low as I'd expect them to be. I still find these a better deal compared to the R2-D2 they put out for $220 or even the numerous Sideshow droids.

Still no lights on the body or proper lights on head for BB-8. That's lame. So just a couple new accessories and that's the only difference from the Rey version??

I still don't understand how anyone has the time to open their display cabinets to turn on lights on these figures that only lasts minutes. I would not even bother even if these figures were displayed in the open.

Huh, that is interesting. Does BBTS have a limit where they put it on or off? SSC's used to be $200 but that has gone by the wayside.

I'm not sure what the limit is, but BBTS apparently does charge NRD's depending on the price of the item. For my Blitzway Ghostbusters, they charged me an NRD two months after PO.

I'm not sure what the limit is, but BBTS apparently does charge NRD's depending on the price of the item. For my Blitzway Ghostbusters, they charged me an NRD two months after PO.

We get a 2 pack of these yet still no Gonks.

BB 2 pack = easy pass
Gonk 2 pack = instant buy

Come on Hot Toys, release the Power Droids!!!

Agreed. I put batteries in all my figs once just to make sure they work. Take a few pictures. Then out they come. I don't need a battery leaking and wrecking something. I did come across this (https://www.collectorverse.com/revi...gurine-and-toys-battery-substitutional-device) that lets you wire up DC power in place of batteries. Seems kinda expensive and something like my Iron Man fig takes so many batteries in many different spots it would look super silly. Lighted figs look super cool but I'm perfectly happy just displaying mine in a lighted Ikea Detolf.

Back