Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Robin Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree 100% DiFabio!

One tiny cabinet with a bizarre mix of this Robin, Two Face from a different DC universe, Aquman and an Arkham figure neither of which have been updated at all.

They should have had Robin in his own display with Kilmer Batman, Two Face and Riddler. Then it would have been worth seeing.

No point showing Aquaman again when they've made zero changes and still don't have Mera or Black Manta to display alongside him.

We've seen it all before. 66 Batman and Robin released with no villains, same with the Batman Returns Batman and Hot Toys wonder why those figures don't sell well. Collectors want lines not a random figure here and there.

Totally agree with you and difabio .!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The single Batman Returns figure sold out in a month. The two-pack with Bruce Wayne sold out in 3. Now it goes for anywhere between $300-$420.

What constitutes as not selling well when it didn’t linger for very long and stores sold out of all their stock? I mean of course these things will never do Iron Man numbers, but that’s a given.

Again, if they had been more upfront about where the line was going (you know, like showing a Catwoman or Penguin prototype or a 1/4 Batman), more people would have bought into it. It’s like a self fullining prophecy really. Just like with this Forever Robin, Hot Toys didn’t even try and generate any excitement for these figures.

Returns had an announcement that people were excited about in 2011. They dragged their feet with it for years, only to show this in 2014.

View attachment 461344

And then that took even longer to finally come out. Here we are, 8 years later and now there’s a random Chris O’ Donnell Robin.

They’re stupid.

Best comment .. yet ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The single Batman Returns figure sold out in a month. The two-pack with Bruce Wayne sold out in 3. Now it goes for anywhere between $300-$420.

What constitutes as not selling well when it didn’t linger for very long and stores sold out of all their stock? I mean of course these things will never do Iron Man numbers, but that’s a given.

Again, if they had been more upfront about where the line was going (you know, like showing a Catwoman or Penguin prototype or a 1/4 Batman), more people would have bought into it. It’s like a self fullining prophecy really. Just like with this Forever Robin, Hot Toys didn’t even try and generate any excitement for these figures.

Returns had an announcement that people were excited about in 2011. They dragged their feet with it for years, only to show this in 2014.

View attachment 461344

And then that took even longer to finally come out. Here we are, 8 years later and now there’s a random Chris O’ Donnell Robin.

They’re stupid.

Good times, eh?

My God, when I think about it I get depressed. It's been 8 years, and a lot has changed.

But not HT's stupidity when it comes to their releases.

I have no horse on this race. I stopped collecting this **** years ago. But man, I remember being SO EXITED about the prospect of a BR line.

This Robin?

It will never see the light of day, it will never be released.

The only Batman Line that we are going to get a chance to PO is from the Twilight kid. And they'll likely only release him if the movie tanks, which is sadly expected.

And let’s remember, a Batman Forever line was never properly announced or teased. We all just assumed it was going to be a thing based on a 1 second frame where a small reference picture of Batman and Robin was seen on a cubical wall in an office. :lol

They don’t even give their DC lines a fighting chance.

How does this compare against the Titans Robin any body have a pic.

Never Mind I found one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
a743f16329cb9522727a8fa4b7bf0603.jpg

HEY Hot toys make this

Why would HT even care about DC really?

You have hordes of idiots fighting for a chance to PO the latest IM figure without shame. It is a sad state of affairs.

Back after an absence and come to find this. Here is a few thoughts:

- I understand the general look of this style is dated and absurd by I was 11 years old when this film came out and to an 11 year old this was a terrific film.
- Yes the suit is horrible
- Yes I will be purchasing it... if it ever goes up for order... in a year haha

I want both suits. Panther and Sonar.

Sonar to display with Robin. Panther to display by itself. I don’t care what someone says about the movies being trash, those two Batman suits are some of the best.

I want both suits. Panther and Sonar.

Sonar to display with Robin. Panther to display by itself. I don’t care what someone says about the movies being trash, those two Batman suits are some of the best.

Nipples and all?

View attachment 461344

They’re stupid.

You could also make the point that the reason BRK sold well was because it was made in smaller amounts due to low sales potential if they made too much. Hate to break it to you but Batman Returns is kind of the odd duck of the original Batman movies and not the amazingly popular movie people here act like. It’s not mostly well regarded like the original, it’s not entirely hated like Batman and Robin. People either like it or find it too dark and weird and more like a Tim Burton movie than a Batman movie.Like I said with the 20 year anniversary of BF next year it makes sense why they would want to capitalize on that.

NOW be that as it may, they probably just showed Robin to get people talking and excited. But it doesn’t make any sense that they wouldn’t have a Kilmer Batman to show. That was definitely not handled well.

im Confused, why show Robin before Batman? do they expect me to get excited for robin?
i still wait for a returns catwoman and penguin 1/6.....

this looks like a troll reveal from them

If people are upset about Hot Toys doing figures based on a movie with a mixed reputation that many consider bad, I have some really bad news for them about a good chunk of the DC figures they've done since 2013 or so...:lol

Back