Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Robin Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know about you guys but to my knowledge BATMAN forever and Batman & robin ... to any BATMAN fan those movies are not even acknowledged to be part of BATMAN history, there were bad movies and hot toys just made it clear that they don’t care about the DC FANS ..

This comic con .. was a total insult to all BATMAN fans .. 80th year of one of the biggest heroes in the planet and they give us this joke ...

Shame on hot toys .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know about you guys but to my knowledge BATMAN forever and Batman & robin ... to any BATMAN fan those movies are not even acknowledged to be part of BATMAN history, there were bad movies and hot toys just made it clear that they don’t care about the DC FANS ..

This comic con .. was a total insult to all BATMAN fans .. 80th year of one of the biggest heroes in the planet and they give us this joke ...

Shame on hot toys .

Your 'knowledge' is wrong.

Trash figure from a trash movie. I've probably never saw such out of place reveal.

Batman Forever wasn't a bad movie initially. Schumacher delivered a solid movie but the studio (Warner Brothers) wasn't happy with it as it was because they wanted a lighter tone. They were not happy with the dark tone set by Batman Returns and they wanted another direction for Forever. So they edited the movie in order to make it lighter after Schumacher delivered them the final movie. This all resulted in a mess, events order changed, some things that gave characters depth were left out (i.e. Two-Faces escape from Arkham). There's a so called red book version of the movie out there on the internet. It's a fan cut of the movie restoring Schumacher original vision (see attached trailer). That's the version that we should have seen in the cinema. Studio's should not be allowed to change anything on the final movie as it's mostly for the bad. More or less same thing happened to the Justice League movie.

https://youtu.be/LmVS59dKpTY

To give you a better idea, the original time-line goes something like this...

1) Two Face's Arkham escape.

2) Gotham City establishing shot (With alternate news commentary referring to the escape rather than the bank robbery).

3) Wayne Tech tour by Bruce Wayne, Conversation with Ngyma, Bat signal in sky, Batman's gearing up.

4) Two-Face bank robbery, helicopter flight/crash.

5) The Nygma murder of Stickly, Bruce at Wayne tech surveying the suicide scene.

6) Bruce visits Chase Meriden at her office, invites her to the circus.

7) Circus event, where Two-Face slaughters the Graysons.

8) Bruce taking DickGrayson in as a ward and the garage scene.

9) Batman and Chase's meeting on the police headquarters rooftop.

Everything else, except for deleted scenes pretty much plays out the same in the theatrical version. As you can see, the order of events are changed quite a bit.

Forever and Batman & Robin are a blend of 60s camp with the rubber suit aesthetic and comic book zaniness of the Burton movies dialled up to 11 splashed with neon colours and techno music of the 90s. They were also forced to be more child friendly by the studio and the designs were made with a mind to the marketability to toys for kids. So definitely a unique piece of batman history.

Along with the animated cartoon they were my introduction into batman so I'm grateful that they exist. I think the designs of the Robin suit and nightwingesque suit are cool and visually interesting. The sonar and panther suits are also great and freeze looked like a beast.

It's something a bit different in this sea of marvel figures so I'm definitely happy to see this prototype. Also Forever is a better movie than Justice League any day of the week.

I don't know guys ... when i recall how Tommy Lee Jones probably got wrong idea who he is playing (Two-face, not Joker) and acted how he acted, i'm done with it already ...

Shame on hot toys .

As stupid as they are, Those movies were a big part of my childhood and I love them.

Shame on hot toys .

Wow, thats a lot of entitlement in your post. You really should speak for yourself, there are lots of Batman fans that this movie is a huge part of their Batman history

They're a part of my childhood too but that doesn't mean I think they're good films. Either way, people do want figures based on them so there's no point being bitter if you don't like it. It gets to a point where being snobby about superhero films is a little ridiculous

Come on guys, Batman Forever wasn't that bad. As a kid, I founf it more enjoyable than 89 and Returns. As an adult, that has changed but it is not that far from the other 2. Now, Batman and Robin is crap, no defending.

But if next year is Forvers anniversary, then it makes sense for them to tease. If this figure releases, Batman is a guaranteed.

I loved Batman Forever and have a very fond memory of seeing it with my Dad who was also excited for it. I think still it is an enjoyable movie. This figure however looks terrible now, but I'm sure come final product photos it will look great.

Honestly, for as much as I want Batman Forever figures, Hot Toys deserves the backlash for this. The only new reveal for DC related merch is a Chris O’ Donnell Robin. Think about that for a second. :lol

When you’re there on the floor, it’s obvious that Hot Toys doesn’t give two ****s about DC/WB. That case they have is pathetic. Aquaman, 1/4 Joker, Batgirl, Two-Face and Robin. That’s it.

Of course this isn’t going to come with any fan fare, they’re not even trying to promote it. If they had shown Kilmer Batman alongside him, or hell, Batman, Riddler and Two-Face, I think it would be better received. But Robin by himself? Yeah, they’re not even trying. How can we care when Hot Toys clearly doesn’t? They’re not even trying to create hype or excitement for it.

No proper announcement.

No cool teaser.

No Batman.

No villains.

Track record of not delivering/finishing lines. (No Catwoman, no Penguin)

Prototypes shown that have yet to see the light of day (Romero Joker)

There are ways of enticing even the most bitter, anti-Schumacher person into buying cool looking Batman figures, but Hot Toys is incapable of doing that.

CFD901E5-47CE-41B6-A692-F7D630794C24.jpeg
57C781CA-093C-4B80-ACBF-1642383A4060.jpg

It’s like they actively try to sabotage their own lines.

Honestly, for as much as I want Batman Forever figures, Hot Toys deserves the backlash for this. The only new reveal for DC related merch is a Chris O’ Donnell Robin. Think about that for a second. :lol

When you’re there on the floor, it’s obvious that Hot Toys doesn’t give two ****s about DC/WB. That case they have is pathetic. Aquaman, 1/4 Joker, Batgirl, Two-Face and Robin. That’s it.

Of course this isn’t going to come without any fan fare, they’re not even trying to promote it. If they had shown Kilmer Batman alongside him, or hell, Batman, Riddler and Two-Face, I think it would be better received. But Robin by himself? Yeah, they’re not even trying. How can we care when shot Toys clearly doesn’t.

Well said.!!

As Batman 80th birthday I was expecting May be a batwing 1/6 or the finish of the return line .... or for that matter the 66 batmobile and Romero joker ...

Hot toys is pathetic... like I said before is an insult to the dc fans ..!!

Agree 100% DiFabio!

One tiny cabinet with a bizarre mix of this Robin, Two Face from a different DC universe, Aquman and an Arkham figure neither of which have been updated at all.

They should have had Robin in his own display with Kilmer Batman, Two Face and Riddler. Then it would have been worth seeing.

No point showing Aquaman again when they've made zero changes and still don't have Mera or Black Manta to display alongside him.

We've seen it all before. 66 Batman and Robin released with no villains, same with the Batman Returns Batman and Hot Toys wonder why those figures don't sell well. Collectors want lines not a random figure here and there.

As for the complaints about this and no Pfeiffer Catwoman, my guess would probably be Returns Keaton didn’t sell well so they didn’t move on. Returns has its fans but it is pretty divisive just like people claim Forever is.

The single Batman Returns figure sold out in a month. The two-pack with Bruce Wayne sold out in 3. Now it goes for anywhere between $300-$420.

What constitutes as not selling well when it didn’t linger for very long and stores sold out of all their stock? I mean of course these things will never do Iron Man numbers, but that’s a given.

Again, if they had been more upfront about where the line was going (you know, like showing a Catwoman or Penguin prototype or a 1/4 Batman), more people would have bought into it. It’s like a self fullining prophecy really. Just like with this Forever Robin, Hot Toys didn’t even try and generate any excitement for these figures.

Returns had an announcement that people were excited about in 2011. They dragged their feet with it for years, only to show this in 2014.

5CC38195-D33C-4F3A-98CA-982D43CA30C3.jpeg

And then that took even longer to finally come out. Here we are, 8 years later and now there’s a random Chris O’ Donnell Robin.

They’re stupid.

Back