Hot Toys Batman Collartible Expo - Sept 10-25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman Event Coming Soon - But what does it mean?

It's been cancelled.

My source told me. He also says that it might rain today. Or it might not.

He knows his stuff.

My source could beat up your source. :pfft:

gFzUkza.gif

Since this is an event I wouldn't be surprised if the Joker (Suicide Squad) would get an exclusive release (tuxedo version?)

Since this is an event I wouldn't be surprised if the Joker (Suicide Squad) would get an exclusive release (tuxedo version?)

Maybe a Summer Exclusive as opposed to the regular Iron Man for the last 3 years.

I feel that Leto Joker is getting way to much attention already. We're expecting around 5 versions from him in the first film that he is supposed to have a very limited amount of screen time in. It's overkill.

There's only been one release and I'm already tired of him.

I feel that Leto Joker is getting way to much attention already. We're expecting around 5 versions from him in the first film that he is supposed to have a very limited amount of screen time in. It's overkill.

There's only been one release and I'm already tired of him.
:goodpost:

What DC figure should they be doing instead? :lol

Leto Joker only has one exclusive 1/6 figure to his name so far (with just one more that we know of on the way), it's hardly over kill when all one has to do is look at the multiple Iron Men, Captain America, and Black Widow figures.

Atleast this character is new and not another redo of a character they've already done multiple times.

Agreed Fab, if SS is a flop hot toys may cancel further leto SS figures. I hope leto's jokers good, then him in the standalone batfleck movie :panic:, but no figures from SS will be bought until i've seen the movie, even though its the joker.

Leto Joker only has one exclusive 1/6 figure to his name so far (with just one more that we know of on the way), it's hardly over kill when all one has to do is look at the multiple Iron Men, Captain America, and Black Widow figures.

Atleast this character is new and not another redo of a character they've already done multiple times.

Pretty much.

Joker 3.0, Batman Begins, Harvey Dent 2.0, and Ras Al Ghul.

I guess we'll have a better idea tonight on how many versions are planned for Leto.

Joker 3.0, Batman Begins, Harvey Dent 2.0, and Ras Al Ghul.

Ledger Joker has been done to death. It was overkill by the last release. It would actually be like a 4.0, they've done so many. You say it's overkill when Leto Joker only has one preorder solicited figure so far, but want what would be the 6th Ledger figue by them. :lol

Hot Toys has done enough Bale Batman figures. They wouldn't even improve the Begins Batman or do it the right way. They'd still make an inaccurate one piece rubber suit and, if the Armory Batman is any indication, a repaint of the old Original Costume/Toy Fairs parts. They don't care enough to actually improve it and the differences would be negligible.

The 2009 Dent was a dud and sold poorly. The character's hype was short lived and nobody cares about him anymore.

I'd love a Ra's al Ghul to complete the line, but that ship has sailed.

Time to let the Nolan crap go. It had it's day with collectibles and it was a fun 6 to 7 years of solid Hot Toys releases. If people weren't happy with Hot Toys' offerings then, there's a good chance they wouldn't be satisfied with redos or whatever Hot Toys would do now. They've peaked, they've plateaued. Things like the Armory, Bank Robber 2.0 and signal set are proof of this. The Dark Knight trilogy had it's time in the toy and collectible spotlight.

Last edited:

The Dark Knight is the best superhero that has ever been made. Followed by Batman Begins.

Ledger delivered an iconic performance and was in the film for a significant amount of time.

Add a Stock Exchange Bane to the list above.

:lol

You're so weird. It's like your same mantra from three years ago.

I think that Begins is a more satisfying movie experience from beginning to end than TDK (but I suppose that's been my repetitive mantra over the years as well.)

Ledger Joker has been done to death. It was overkill by the last release. It would actually be like a 4.0, they've done so many. You say it's overkill when Leto Joker only has one preorder solicited figure so far, but want what would be the 6th Ledger figue by them. :lol

Hot Toys has done enough Bale Batman figures. They wouldn't even improve the Begins Batman or do it the right way. They'd still make an inaccurate one piece rubber suit and, if the Armory Batman is any indication, a repaint of the old Original Costume/Toy Fairs parts. They don't care enough to actually improve it and the differences would be negligible.

The 2009 Dent was a dud and sold poorly. The character's hype was short lived and nobody cares about him anymore.

I'd love a Ra's al Ghul to complete the line, but that ship has sailed.

Time to let the Nolan crap go. It had it's day with collectibles and it was a fun 6 to 7 years of solid Hot Toys releases. If people weren't happy with Hot Toys' offerings then, there's a good chance they wouldn't be satisfied with redos or whatever Hot Toys would do now. They've peaked, they've plateaued. Things like the Armory, Bank Robber 2.0 and signal set are proof of this. The Dark Knight trilogy had it's time in the toy and collectible spotlight.

Lets not forget all the people who would miss out on the 4.0s. We'd need 5.0s for those guys.

Although I feel no love for Letoker myself. Joker-hype in general irritates me now.

Although I feel no love for Letoker myself. Joker-hype in general irritates me now.

Online Joker fanaticism does seem more evocative of flash-in-the-pan Furby or Pokemon hype than appreciation for a timeless and even historical pop culture icon. I wouldn't be surprised if before long people are using their phone apps to hunt for the latest pair of Joker pants out in the bushes or on street corners at this rate.

Not so much the reason for people who missed out on the other releases, but more for improvement. Hot Toys is improveing upon each release with advancement in paint apps and technology. Hot Toys could find ways to make it better.

There is a clear upgrade from the last Joker to the first MMS Joker released back in 2009.

the meat of your argument is that its ok to do multiple figures of the same character for a movie that isnt even out yet and may or may not be good, because hot toys has rehashed characters on the marvel side when those are from multiple movies that have all come out already. believe me im tired of all the iron man figures just like everyone else, but that doesnt mean its ok for them to continue the trend here. theres plenty of characters they could still do on the dc side. Lets first see if this joker is any good and then lets see him in another movie other than SS before we start getting 3,4,5 of the same figure with different outfits.

Back