Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do know those last two go for a good bit of cash don't you?

I figured. Even BR Joker?

Meaning what? You like these better than the Joker and DX bats figures? :cuckoo:

Meaning that Batman Begins was so much stronger a movie that I didn't want representations from TDK without something comparable from BB. I have Takara Bats, and the Nolan movie collection was going to remain as such, but Scarecrow and Demon Batman would be good incentive to hunt down a Joker and TDK Batman.

I'd rather have this than a light cycle or Ghost Rider w/bike.

i dunno i'm not the biggest nic cage/ghost rider fan, but i'd gladly take ghost rider and the bike over scarecrow and demon bats. and this is coming from a diehard bats fan too

Meaning that Batman Begins was so much stronger a movie that I didn't want representations from TDK without something comparable from BB. I have Takara Bats, and the Nolan movie collection was going to remain as such, but Scarecrow and Demon Batman would be good incentive to hunt down a Joker and TDK Batman.

For me, although I think I do like Begins a bit more than TDK, Begins isn't that much "stronger." There certainly is no acting in Begins to compete with Heath Ledger's performance.

That said, I can see your logic. If you do go down the TDK road, I hope you can find the figures at a reasonable price.

i dunno i'm not the biggest nic cage/ghost rider fan, but i'd gladly take ghost rider and the bike over scarecrow and demon bats. and this is coming from a diehard bats fan too

I can agree with most of this. :lecture

The Scarecrow is beautiful, the Demon Bat's forgettable, and for the price and the accessories (or lack of for that matter) I would say I'm more interested in than "gladly take" GR over these. I'm also a huge Batman fan as well.

GR may not come with much either but then what does he need to come with? All of it's there that I remember from the movie. Oh yeah and plus he comes with that EXCELLENT bike!!! :)

The movie was a turd, and absolutely BB, TDK, and even the Schumacher Batman films put it to shame (almost). I look at it from a superhero in my collection perspective and that's what mostly my collection is turning out to be (bunch of guys in tights :lol). Plus the almost complete resculpt on GR has really helped that figure.

All the goodness they showed at the expo is what's making some decisions tough for next year. If it would have been all Platoon and Resident Evil then I would have just gone out and spent the money on the set easily. There were a lot of licenses they showed and the hint at Star Wars has me being cautious with my collection funds.

Again...if I see them come down to a reasonable price that I feel I could sell the DB and make a little back...I'll bite.

FYI guys, I posted this in the MJ Beat It thread but...same applies:
Guys just wanted to give you a heads-up...confirmed with eric he'll be getting the 10th anniversary exclusives. Release date/price undetermined, but toys2 is usually 'msrp'. Happy holidays. :)
Told you not to fall for these lame ebay prices. :rock:

That's good news. Do you think that means it'll be likely that US-based retailers might carry them and, if so, which ones?

Also, if anyone has used Toys2 to order figures from the US, do you know what their shipping and customs rates/policies tend to be?

:lecture Plus, Michael Caine's, Cillian Murphy's, Liam Neeson's.

:hi5:

Batman Begins was a seminal film. Writing, directing, and all of the acting was way above board. In particular, Bale shone luciferian bright as a young Batman.

Ledger gave the performance of a lifetime, but he had to if he was going to live up to the Bruce Wayne already laid down by Bale.

:lecture

Ahem. And Ms. Holmes?

Haha, just kidding.

But seriously, Omar Mustafa's performance in that film is top notch work. Absolutely dynamite.

While she's hardly oscar worthy, i actually liked Katie Holmes in Batman Begins. Would have liked her to been in The Dark Knight. Nothing against Mags, just like Katie Holmes. I have no idea who Omar Mustafa is. :lol

Batman Begins was a seminal film. Writing, directing, and all of the acting was way above board. In particular, Bale shone luciferian bright as a young Batman.

Ledger gave the performance of a lifetime, but he had to if he was going to live up to the Bruce Wayne already laid down by Bale.

Totally, as much as i love the epicness of The Dark Knight, i do prefer Batman Begins. I prefer the overall look, the dirty, gritty streets of the narrows, batman hanging off buildings in the rain, just about every performance, the directing, the writing. A view it as a perfect comic book movie. For me anyway. Each to their own though. All that said, i also love the Burton Batman films equally as much.

That's good news. Do you think that means it'll be likely that US-based retailers might carry them and, if so, which ones?

Also, if anyone has used Toys2 to order figures from the US, do you know what their shipping and customs rates/policies tend to be?

I'm fairly certain US carriers will get these...funny thing is Eric mentioned HT confirmed his shipment right after the show. It's almost like played the waiting game to se how many they'd sell at the show and some how perhaps they had too many left over or something. :wink1:

Have ordered from Toys2 for years..never been charged customs.

Bingo. There was a lot of (not undeserved) ass-kissing for Ledger when Dark Knight arrived, which was kind of annoying because Bale really is The Man.

Ledger brought a new angle...fine and good. But Bale carries that franchise.

Back