Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There're several people here who did that when HT released the DX01. :dunno

Double standard. I'm sure you and several others did the same for any number of figures from Hot Toys and etc. on here. Funny really, because you're laughing at your own ignorance . I shall enlighten everyone. "Friend" aka "Tomodachi" is actually an interesting character from a Japanese Comic called "20th Century Boys" (also a film trilogy recently released).

In a nutshell, "Friend" is a mysterious cult leader that manages to eventually take over Japan over the course of several years based on ideas and stories that were formed in a club when they were kids in a notebook. The group of kids, now grown up, are the only ones who realize this and spend their time trying to figure out who Friend is and to stop his regime over the course of like 20 years or so. Pretty original and unique story if not a bit over the top sometimes. The story is grounded in reality with a lot of sci-fi elements used sparingly (i.e. giant robot shooting death mist/rays and a time machine thingamajig).

You're preaching to the deaf. The fact that they'd even say that pretty much exposes the prejudiced (not racial) way of thinking. :huh

Hold on people, I'm not bashing the japanese character "Friend" or any of the following fans. Nor am I making racial discrimination towards Japan. I admire the country, find it to be one of the most interested places on earth, always wanted to travel there. Yes, I get super excited for certain Hot Toys releases, (included the Joker DX01 plus too many other to mention) and not ashamed to show how pumped up I get for figures ad statues. Don't take my message as an attack, you've got completely the picture wrong. I was only making a joke No offense or anything.

Hold on people, I'm not bashing the japanese character "Friend" or any of the following fans. Nor am I making racial discrimination towards Japan. I admire the country, find it to be one of the most interested places on earth, always wanted to travel there. Yes, I get super excited for certain Hot Toys releases, (included the Joker DX01 plus too many other to mention) and not ashamed to show how pumped up I get for figures ad statues. Don't take my message as an attack, you've got completely the picture wrong. I was only making a joke No offense or anything.

That remark wasn't meant as accusing you of any racial discrimination. As a matter of fact, I specified that in the post with the "not racial" part. Just that you belittle the culture for liking a figure you have zero interest in. It's fine that you don't want it. But ridiculing a company for making something you have absolutely no clue about, because you have no clue about it is lame and to a large extent, ignorant.

That remark wasn't meant as accusing you of any racial discrimination. As a matter of fact, I specified that in the post with the "not racial" part. Just that you belittle the culture for liking a figure you have zero interest in. It's fine that you don't want it. But ridiculing a company for making something you have absolutely no clue about, because you have no clue about it is lame and to a large extent, ignorant.

I wanted to make it 100% clear that no racial hate involved, because that is something I absolutely despise and is against. Hot Toys has a broad variety of products and that's exactly what I love about the company same goes for Sideshow Collectibles. There's something for everyone basically, some things appeal to others while some don't. Just nature of the world in collecting. Yes, you are right about me not being familiar with a certain character. I may like a figure that someone else hate and argues to pieces, and they have every right to express their opinion, I'm not going to wish a death sentence over the person just cause they don't agree. That is my point. Good day sir.

RAV3N: Your post was inoffensive. This forum is full of members who like controversy and will twist or find dirt in a clean, harmless post. I guess their real lives are not that interesting and need to come up with some "action" on these boards. :lol

Get used to it.:lecture

RAV3N: Your post was inoffensive. This forum is full of members who like controversy and will twist or find dirt in a clean, harmless post. I guess their real lives are not that interesting and need to come up with some "action" on these boards. :lol

WTF are you on bout?

The internet IS their life man :lol

WTF are you on bout?

The internet IS their life man :lol

KettleCallingPotBlack%255B1%255D.jpg

Some people just like to inflame a situation. :dunno

It's like women sitting home all day watching soap operas. They can't look away, or keep their comments to themselves.

:goodpost:

Thank you for understanding A JOKE :clap:clap:clap:clap, that's all it was without the intention of offending anyone. But some just blow the littlest subject way out of proportion beyond belief is mind boggling to me. This is not a forum about politics, people need to loosen up and have a laugh.

I prefer the foam packaging that these figures are placed to the regular plastic ones that I have seen in my other Hot Toys purchases. I am new to this so is this something that WAS used before the clear plastic or is it only used for special occasion?

DX figures and M Icon figures use foam. This was a special case. The rest just use plastic. Wish they did everything in foam... nothing like the waft of that new foam smell.

Personally I would prefer it if they used foam with every figure just for the safety factor. With foam shipping isnt so harsh on the figure because it's got a nice soft ride to our front doorsteps.
And no matter what material is used for packaging, nothing beats that new Hot Toys smell. :D

My set actually arrived today. I'll have to take them out and get a good look at them later tonight. Scarecrow looks cool. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with Demon bats.

Personally I would prefer it if they used foam with every figure just for the safety factor. With foam shipping isnt so harsh on the figure because it's got a nice soft ride to our front doorsteps.
And no matter what material is used for packaging, nothing beats that new Hot Toys smell. :D

I've always wondered... With these toys made and painted in China... Just how safe is that new Hot Toys chemical smell...

Back