Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

There's a major drought of info right now. Paltry updates on the Facebook page, usually just a poster for a line they've got coming, all the fans jump down their throat when this happens, every second comment is either a QC issue or where's Superman, no interviews with Howard, Yulli, JC etc, scans from some magazine showing what might be getting made...this time last year there was newsletters, licence announcements, teasers etc.

Damn I want some news.

Thats alarming then, Johnny. One of the reasons I can't stand Facebook is people's crap they feel they need to share. The Hot Toys Facebook page is scary. I haven't been on it since autumn. It's full of photo spam right now.

Thats why I loved the newsletters. Information and no crap from the masses.

Are they not doing the newsletters anymore?

I haven't gotten one in a while...

Well, they haven't put out too many new products lately either, so the newsletter could be a reflection of taking things slow.

Actually, another thing, I just remembered from last year, there's a big holiday break around this time, it was a concern last year because of the DX Batman issues and concerns about replacements with the 30 day policy and them being closed. Could be no one's home right now.

Well, they haven't put out too many new products lately either, so the newsletter could be a reflection of taking things slow.

I've had nothing about Iron Man 2 and they've been released. Nothing about Mark V due for pre-order which happened last month... there's been quite a number.

Actually, another thing, I just remembered from last year, there's a big holiday break around this time, it was a concern last year because of the DX Batman issues and concerns about replacements with the 30 day policy and them being closed. Could be no one's home right now.

They've already had their holiday, Chinese New Year. February 3 until the 13 - 15th. I remember seeing eBay sellers saying they wouldn't be back until the 14/15th. January 23 next year. The Dragon.

Thats alarming then, Johnny. One of the reasons I can't stand Facebook is people's crap they feel they need to share. The Hot Toys Facebook page is scary. I haven't been on it since autumn. It's full of photo spam right now.

Thats why I loved the newsletters. Information and no crap from the masses.

Ah tell me about it. No one ever seems to write anything positive on there & if there not moaning there's someone on there posting a ton of requests for a figure of someone like Van Damme. I do wish HT would keep there fans a bit more informed or do them videos for YouTube like SS were there showing you a quick video of a project there working on.

right now 89 batman is my #1 looked foward to figure, i seriously hope we get some news soon, like the next couple months.

right now 89 batman is my #1 looked foward to figure, i seriously hope we get some news soon, like the next couple months.

Yeah me to but I doubt we will, I think we'll be hearing about Superman before Batman but what do I know? :dunno

why so? was superman announced ahead of batman?

Has anyone seen the new Bruce Lee?

HotToys_BruceLee_InCasualWear_3.jpg

The first thing I thought of when I saw that chair was the Joker Smylex commercial, other than the pattern, the chair is almost identical (see my sig).

I'd love for Hot Toys to reuse it for the Joker. I know it's unlikely but I hope they milk the hell out of the Jack Joker license. Seagulls, beach balls and sunglasses included!

Agreed. Keep hoping that prototype photos will pop on the web. Instead we get a reclining Bruce Lee. Rad...

Hi all, my name's Nesar and this is my first post. A Hot Toys Keaton Batman would be a dream come true for me.

I've been visiting Sideshow Freaks for the last 4 years and it's the first time I actually got an account (everything I know about sixth scale collecting is thanks to you guys and Mwctoys.com). The whole reason I moved from 7" scale to sixth scale was because I wanted a Keaton Batman figure.

My first sixth scale figure was Custom Workz Keaton Batman (the one with the spear gun) based on the Billiken sculpt. My next Keaton Batman was an Alex Rojas custom also based on the Billiken sculpt. I must say Alex Rojas's paint job really brings out the best of the Billiken headsculpt (like Keaton's intimidating green eyes) and I'd love to see how Hot Toys will compare to it. I'll post pictures soon of my Custom Workz and Alex Rojas Keaton figures.

(Since then, I bought Hot Toys MJ Billie Jean, Robocop V1, V1 Joker, Bank Robber Joker, Iron Man Mark III, Sideshow's Vader, Frankenstein, Dracula and a Dr. No Sean Connery Bond. I also bought a Sunohc Christopher Reeve sculpt and got it painted by SilentSurfer to make my own Superman custom.)

Welcome nesar1980! :duff

Now you can enjoy the long wait with us! :lecture :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back