Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Diane Keaton

Keaton likeness my ass! Buncha HT apologists all up in this thread. It looks absolutely NOTHING like her:

diane-keaton.jpg

Nam was right, that was why Hot Toys waited to reveal it. It looks absolutely nothing like Diane Keaton.

____ing fail.

So there it is. At long last. My most anticipated figure of the last year. I love it so far. Might have to buy two.

Keaton likeness my ass! Buncha HT apologists all up in this thread. It looks absolutely NOTHING like her:
:lol lol, Nice :D

I wonder if he'll fit in the Batmobile with those long ears. I was just watching a behind-the-scenes making-of discussing the movie batmobile the other day, and when they made the film they had to actually shorten the ears on the suit because they forgot to accommodate for them when they built the car.

:lol lol, Nice :D

I wonder if he'll fit in the Batmobile with those long ears. I was just watching a behind-the-scenes making-of discussing the batmobile the other day, and they had to actually shorten the ears on the suit because they forgot to accommodate for them when they built the car.

I dont think anyone who have a HT Tumbler would put a Bat inside it, with the top closed and display it like that anyways:dunno

Wow, this looks great. I can't wait to own this and Joker. Would love the Batmobile, but no room for it.

In your long defense for comic book villain births, I think you missed my point. By today's standards, it's silly. Nolan has raised the bar considerably, much in the same way Burton did in '89. Yes, they're still comic book characters and they're still unrealistic, but the more elements about them that can be grounded in reality then the more audiences and critics can believe in them. And as a result, the film will stand the test of time far better than a film that requires the viewer to "just go with it".

I think you missed my point, which is that I disagree that today's audiences are smarter than in 89. Or dumber. Perhaps more jaded - we have 9/11 and an economic downturn to thank for that. MY point was that these two directors have taken different approaches to interpreting a comic book and that using comic book conventions is okay. By your logic, modern audiences should have rejected Thor and Captain America (cosmic cube) because so much of the plot hinged on literal magic and Norse mythology. Smallville should have had no audience - the main character is an alien, magic is real and it can hurt him, etc. etc. Thor could have easily have been about a mental patient with meta-human abilities who believes he is Thor, and that might have been an interesting movie too - does that make it more timeless? When the pendulum of pop culture tastes swings again (and it will), future audiences may look at TDK and wonder why audiences were so morose back then - or maybe it won't be dark enough. Who knows? I like Nolan's films and Burton's films for the approaches they have taken, they are both Batman to me (just like in comics, a story worth telling can be retold many times through various perspectives); I think Burton was brilliant for inventing a pastiche universe that exists in a realm of it's own.

I also think HT is brilliant for giving Batman 89 props with the amazingly life-like Jack Joker figure, the jaw-dropping Batmobile (light-up monitors inside???), and mind-blowing, spot-on Keaton Batman - talk about raising the bar!!! These things are pop ART! Time to get poor! :wink1: :yess:

Back on topic! :lol

Oh damn, I just noticed they gave him the Nija stars. Wow, they were practically invisible in that pic because of the screen brightness. He doesn't even use them in the film and they're barely shown and yet, Hot Toys included them anyway. If that isn't attention to detail, I don't know what is.

That's ridiculous. He has just about everything I think. Every single accessory/weapon from the film is included.

With the Batmobile he's got everything but the computer console, chair and suit vault! Oh, and Vicki Vale.

Man this Batman looks great!!! Too good to pass up. This is my childhood batman right here! Can't wait to have Nicholson Joker too!

Last edited:
Oh damn, I just noticed they gave him the Nija stars. Wow, they were practically invisible in that pic because of the screen brightness. He doesn't even use them in the film and they're barely shown and yet, Hot Toys included them anyway. If that isn't attention to detail, I don't know what is.

That's ridiculous. He has just about everything I think. Every single accessory/weapon from the film is included.

With the Batmobile he's got everything but the computer console, chair and suit vault! Oh, and Vicki Vale.

Nah, they still have to give us the bruce wayne sculpt with PERS and different expression, so we can do this:

bruce-wayne-nuts.png

:thud: ...I'm almost speechless. What a thing to sit down to lunch to.

Keaton likeness - CHECK
Screen accurate oval and belt color - CHECK
Perfect mouth choices - CHECK
Plenty of Bat gear - CHECK
Cape texture - CHECK

Scary real photo of Bats firing his spear gun - CHECKCHECKCHECKCHECK!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

I love that it comes with all his "wonderful toys!" When Hot Toys does a Batman Returns figure, it better come with a bowl of phishy sua soup accessory! Just sayin' :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back