Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read up on how you get those suits. Each one is specific to a preorder from a certain company. So, unless they release an upgrade you can purchase, you're not going to get every suit. That's crap.

And that is how they encourage piracy. Because if you can't even buy the whole game, even if you want to, without buying six different copies - why bother paying in the first place?

At least, that's how most people who would rather pay - but choose not to deal with the hassle, thanks to DRM - see it.

It's past his head. Vicki gets a shot of his entire face because of the flash, hence why he takes the photos off of her.

I don't know, I kind of have to agree with the others. It looks to me like they never really get it past the bottom of his nose, if that far.

He takes the pics from her because he doesn't want ANY photographic evidence of his existence. He's still an urban legend and a rumor at that point, which he plays up deliberately, to keep criminals scared of him.

Once his picture gets published in the news, he's suddenly not so fearsome anymore.

I don't know, I kind of have to agree with the others. It looks to me like they never really get it past the bottom of his nose, if that far.

He takes the pics from her because he doesn't want ANY photographic evidence of his existence. He's still an urban legend and a rumor at that point, which he plays up deliberately, to keep criminals scared of him.

Once his picture gets published in the news, he's suddenly not so fearsome anymore.

Nah! He takes the photos from her because she hid it under her bra and he wanted to cop a feel.

Batmanunmasked.jpg
Batmanunmasked2.jpg

EXT. ROOFTOP - ON VICKI

VICKI has pulled herself up onto a roof. Down below, the
THUGS are removing Batman's cowl. But at this height --
and this angle -- she can't see his face. She reaches
for her CAMERA BAG.

ANGLE ON GOONS

Gaping at the shadowed unconscious face of BRUCE WAYNE.
(NOTE: WE never see his face, and THEY can't either.)

GOON I
Get out of the way, I can't see
him.

And at that very instant... A FLASH GUN EXPLODES OVERHEAD.

Startled, the thugs look up.

GOON III
Goddam, it's the girl!

You can clearly see his mask is over head. I wasn't about to get it screen grab for screen grab since it happens so fast, but you see Wayne pull his mask back over his face too.

I think you guys got it confused with this.

Btmn_0645.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brightened and cropped,

Batmanunmasked2-1.jpg

Batmanunmasked-1.jpg

Btmn_0645-1.jpg

Last edited:
Batmanunmasked.jpg
Batmanunmasked2.jpg

You can clearly see his mask is over head. I wasn't about to get it screen grab for screen grab since it happens so fast, but you see Wayne pull his mask back over his face too.

I think you guys got it confused with this.

Btmn_0645.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brightened and cropped,

Batmanunmasked2-1.jpg

Batmanunmasked-1.jpg

Btmn_0645-1.jpg

Holy ____!!!! You can totally see his face is exposed! I never knew that! I always thought what the others guys thought, that they only lifted it just past his nose and Vicky startled them so they went no further.

Well here's one for you, this always bothered the living ____ out of me: At the end when Batman was in the batwing and Joker is in the street with his arms stretched out, Batman totally zeros in on his face but the freakin bullets go down either side of him. WHAT THE HELL??!! Dont get me wrong it was visually stunning and as iconic as you get but the the hell?

Well here's one for you, this always bothered the living ____ out of me: At the end when Batman was in the batwing and Joker is in the street with his arms stretched out, Batman totally zeros in on his face but the freakin bullets go down either side of him. WHAT THE HELL??!! Dont get me wrong it was visually stunning and as iconic as you get but the the hell?

well Tim Burton has always taken visual awesome over accuracy :)
....but I've always accepted that. I just figure the Batwing's targeting system is designed to hit much bigger things like other vehicles so even though the target was zeroed in, Joker was too small and so the bullets went down either side of him.

I dunno..wouldnt Batman know this. The bullseye was directly on his face:lol. I mean it makes absolutely no sense at all. What does the script call for I wonder? It was a cool @$$ scene though

Holy ____!!!! You can totally see his face is exposed! I never knew that! I always thought what the others guys thought, that they only lifted it just past his nose and Vicky startled them so they went no further.

I read the original script years ago, and as I recall, even though the Goons got his mask off most of the way, none of them knew who the hell Bruce Wayne was so it didn't really matter. In the movie's universe, Wayne had apparently not been photographed all that much. Even Vicki Vale didn't recognize him at his own party.

Is that the figure?Guess it s either the ultimate compliment to Hot Toys that I have to ask that or it s the ultimate insult to my eyesight!

In the movie's universe, Wayne had apparently not been photographed all that much. Even Vicki Vale didn't recognize him at his own party.

Good point. I'm sure it was also easier for celebrities to keep secluded in the pre-internet days.

It would be awesome if they released him with or without the bat mobile. If you bought him with the bat mobile, there'd be. Bit of a price cut.

I read the original script years ago, and as I recall, even though the Goons got his mask off most of the way, none of them knew who the hell Bruce Wayne was so it didn't really matter. In the movie's universe, Wayne had apparently not been photographed all that much. Even Vicki Vale didn't recognize him at his own party.

Good point. I'm sure it was also easier for celebrities to keep secluded in the pre-internet days.

Yeah, the '89 Bruce Wayne is anti-social outcast who keeps to himself and broods, not a playboy. He doesn't attend fundraisers (you can see that he's absent during the Harvey Dent fundraiser campaign) and nobody really knows what he looks like. He's only "that rich snot that travels". It's just a name of old money, there's no face to go with it.

The only time you see him perk up is when Vicki Vale comes in on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back