Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Looking forward to seeing pics of Bats and the Joker :rock

Coco, don't take this wrong I love make my custom or ask for some artist here do some work for me I really enjoy just I know for fact I can't beat HOT TOYS! I saw what they have and is INCREDIBLE soon we get all this figures: Batman 1989,Joker 1989,Superman C.R, Thor and...BLA,BLA,BLA.:)

No doubt. HT will make an awesome Joker and definitely Bats. I'm mostly looking forward to having some decent articulation on Batman and an accurate cowl.

I can't wait to hear the outrage when they get The Joker's socks wrong. :lol

No doubt. HT will make an awesome Joker and definitely Bats. I'm mostly looking forward to having some decent articulation on Batman and an accurate cowl.

That'll be nice, but I think I'm most excited, in terms of upgrades from the custom I have, in getting an accessorized Batman. The guns and Batarang were pretty well highlighted and used in the movie and my custom is devoid of them.

It'll be nice to have a cowl made of soft material, I've often worried about certain poses with my custom and having the resin wing tips puncture the cape.

The Joker will be a sight unseen automatic purchase for me. Not sure on Bats. I have yet to really like any interpretation of Bats on film. Now if they made a Dead End Batman based on Sandy Collaras film, I'd be all over that.

Not gonna both with the Hot Toys Joker head. Gonna wait for the $800 custom with real hair :rock

i know people are going on about 1/6 batmobile, but how about a 1/6 batwing?

Batmobile is easier to display and would take up less space.

Im also exited that this one shouldn't have limited shoulder movement due to BIG A S S shoulder pads :rotfl

As much as I love it I don't think I would buy the Batwing. The price and lack of space wouldn't be the turn off, it would be the temptation of placing Batman inside the cockpit.

There's alot of iconography with '89 Batman standing next to the '89 Batmobile, but Batman standing next to the Batwing? Not so much. I'd HAVE to put the figure in the cockpit. I'm sure this figure will have some rubber and I wouldn't want to ruin it by putting it in and out of the vehicle.

Unless I bought multiples of the figure....

No, no. Space would be an issue. Though, I can just see how cool it would be. I'd be humming "Attack of the Batwing" as I put it together,

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/c_u8EAp63Wk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/c_u8EAp63Wk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

I'll definitely pick up everything they release for this but, i am really hoping we see a Returns version of Batman, much better looking IMO then the first suit.

I'll definitely pick up everything they release for this but, i am really hoping we see a Returns version of Batman, much better looking IMO then the first suit.

That would give me an excuse to have an army of HT Returns Batmen,

1233387249.jpg

No, no. Space would be an issue. Though, I can just see how cool it would be. I'd be humming "Attack of the Batwing" as I put it together,

You could hang the Batwing from the ceiling, with wires - no need to take up shelf space. If it's high enough, you could also get away with not putting a figure inside, as no one would be able to tell the difference.

You could hang the Batwing from the ceiling, with wires - no need to take up shelf space. If it's high enough, you could also get away with not putting a figure inside, as no one would be able to tell the difference.

Yeah but what would be the point if you're only going to look at the bottom of the thing?

The Batwing would simply be too big in 1:6 scale. It'd be like 5' x 5'. It's something 89 Batman related that even I wouldn't buy.

How much was the Tumbler when it first came out? Wondering if the 1/6 Batmobile would be similar in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back