Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be more just for the triple-gloss paintjob alone....

The detail in the paint and trim looks far more involved than the '89 and the Tumblers. Plus the clear canopies and two hinged doors. It looks like a much more complicated build and finish to me.

I don't see this thing being more than the Furstmobile; I really don't. It's not as big, and there are nowhere near as many accessories they could include, realistically speaking.

Actually there's a lot of pieces that must be molded ( possibly in different materials or colors) separately ...the four canopies, radar dish, antenna, Grills for each headlight and vent, the three launchers, the siren ligh thing ( forget what it's called) the center bar, the phone and wire, the fire extinguisher, the hood or trunk (if they open) seat belts, the emergency turn lever, parachute bags (if not molded) lots of things that can't be molded along with the main body ... Just a lot of little things that have to be assembled and integrated into the main body...(doors and door parts? Maybe- I forget if those work or not)

I still stand by the $550 statement. It's right in the middle of the Tumbler and the 89, which this car kind of is, in every way imaginable. Size wise, accessory wise, etc., etc.

Well, licensing may drive this up - not only is there Warner Bros/DC, but Fox and Barris. They don't have the luxury of Mattel putting out 6 different versions, 3 different scales to recoup licensing fees.

That could be what's holding this up - it was shown 2 years ago.

i think we will be very lucky to see this retail at anything less than $700.00. i also think that retailers like bbts will have learned their lesson after the 89 mobile, regards shipping charges.
this car is going to be big, beautiful but expensive.

There is one thought going through my head that kind of worries me: what if Batman and Robin were so reasonably priced to cushion the blow of the car? :yuck

lol
could just be....
you know i still haven't got around to permanently removing the 89 from its box. just no place to display it safely (think 2 year old!).

but i have to have this baby. just have to..

When I was a kid I had the Mego figures and their car was an empty Kleenex box.

So this would be a step up.

I'm guessing most of you have big houses?

I don't even have a room to display my stuff in! I had a music room but that turned into a play room for my kids... along with every other free space in the house. I'm planning ahead for 5-10 years when I get a room or two back from them.

When I was a kid I had the Mego figures and their car was an empty Kleenex box.

So this would be a step up.

Lol. My Megos rode in a shoe box with two sitting backwards out the "trunk" just like the family station wagon.

Been selling a lot on eBay to fill up my Paypal funds for this buy. I think I'll finally have enough for it this week!

Bring on the pre-order!!!

Any guesses or approximations in the length and width of this? Trying to plan out a display in advance.

Back