Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrap the damn thing in tissue paper, bubble wrap, put it in styrofoam, and then put it in retail box and then shipper. It is possible with some care to keep it from getting scratches.

So I got a little bit of info. This line is still alive, as is the batmobile. Apparently there will be multiple new products and advertising support for the 66 batman license starting late this year. From Lego sets to a retail line. The license holders have been working hard to organize all this products. So that is why it has been delayed. But there are still things coming...

Thanks for the info...here's hoping it's accurate.

It's likely as I figured there would be another push with the 50th anniversary next year and the planned DVD coming out starring Adam West & Burt Ward.

They'll make this... just waiting for the oncoming DC wave. I'm thinking PO later this year or early next with '17 release year though.

All I know is, foir the price, they better include a Batcave backdrop.

So I got a little bit of info. This line is still alive, as is the batmobile. Apparently there will be multiple new products and advertising support for the 66 batman license starting late this year. From Lego sets to a retail line. The license holders have been working hard to organize all this products. So that is why it has been delayed. But there are still things coming...

Awesome news if it comes to fruition!!! Need Batmobile + some villains!

I don't know if I can believe you, but I know that I desperately want to, so, consider that a victory, sir.:lol

They'll make this... just waiting for the oncoming DC wave. I'm thinking PO later this year or early next with '17 release year though.

All I know is, foir the price, they better include a Batcave backdrop.

Would be nice to see in that wave Devito and Pfeiffer from Returns... :monkey3 :lol

I don't know if I can believe you, but I know that I desperately want to, so, consider that a victory, sir.:lol

Feel free to not. Probably best to take it all with a grain of salt. I'm just relaying the info I got. It's not always correct and things change. But I think I've at least shown I'm not an idiot who knows a bit.

I totally understand being skeptical. And I recommend it to be honest.

I don't care if villians are made, I just want the batmobile released once and for all. I started doing 1/6 after seeing this on the net in 2013. This is my grail. Thanks for the information. I have 400.00 Sideshow points burning a hole in my wallet. I will get more than one.

Feel free to not. Probably best to take it all with a grain of salt. I'm just relaying the info I got. It's not always correct and things change. But I think I've at least shown I'm not an idiot who knows a bit.

I totally understand being skeptical. And I recommend it to be honest.

Like I said, I want to very much. Not just the stuff about the Batmobile and the villains from HT, but I've long thought the '66 show is perfect LEGO fodder, with all of the vibrant colors, elaborate sets, and eccentric villains. I'd love to see a '66 Batmobile, Batman, and Robin as awesome as the digital versions found in the LEGO Batman 3 game.

I know the 66 Lego sets are coming for sure. At least one. I've seen some early production stuff on it. And the place I saw them has never been wrong about Lego sets before. So I'm 100% sure it's coming. Obviously that doesn't mean much in terms of confirming it for you. Lol but I'm confident. Lego has a seperate approval process then hot toys or other likeness based products. The basic shape of the most figures is the standard mini figure so it's a much much easier licensing process. They already have the approval on it. The one I've seen was a batcave set up. Looked pretty good but what i saw was box art, and early box art at that, so the way the set looks overall could change.

As for having it in the next game...I'm not sure. Games (though I play them a lot) are not an area I've worked. So my contact network consists of a lot less people. Mainly my brother and sister. They both do a lot of computer graphics and game renders and all that. I'm no where near good enough with digital art. Wish I where. But I can ask if he's heard anything. I think he mentioned he worked on one of the early Lego games. Not sure though. Could be wrong. But I can ask.

The hot toys stuff I have a lot more direct connection to. And I've seen in person the batmobile so I know it exists. Lol the plan initially was to have it at shows and up for PO already but some production glitches pushed it back and then it hit the cut off window the so it's been rescheduled to coincide with the upcoming new media and merchandise to take advantage of the (planned) up tick in brand visibility and anniversary. Given the lower then hoped 66 figure sales to this point it's a pretty smart move, IMO. I'd love to see the brand get traction. Everyone should get the figures they want.

I know the 66 Lego sets are coming for sure. At least one. I've seen some early production stuff on it. And the place I saw them has never been wrong about Lego sets before. So I'm 100% sure it's coming. Obviously that doesn't mean much in terms of confirming it for you. Lol but I'm confident. Lego has a seperate approval process then hot toys or other likeness based products. The basic shape of the most figures is the standard mini figure so it's a much much easier licensing process. They already have the approval on it. The one I've seen was a batcave set up. Looked pretty good but what i saw was box art, and early box art at that, so the way the set looks overall could change.

As for having it in the next game...I'm not sure. Games (though I play them a lot) are not an area I've worked. So my contact network consists of a lot less people. Mainly my brother and sister. They both do a lot of computer graphics and game renders and all that. I'm no where near good enough with digital art. Wish I where. But I can ask if he's heard anything. I think he mentioned he worked on one of the early Lego games. Not sure though. Could be wrong. But I can ask.

The hot toys stuff I have a lot more direct connection to. And I've seen in person the batmobile so I know it exists. Lol the plan initially was to have it at shows and up for PO already but some production glitches pushed it back and then it hit the cut off window the so it's been rescheduled to coincide with the upcoming new media and merchandise to take advantage of the (planned) up tick in brand visibility and anniversary. Given the lower then hoped 66 figure sales to this point it's a pretty smart move, IMO. I'd love to see the brand get traction. Everyone should get the figures they want.

Thank you for giving me hope. Appreciate your insight. How impressive did the ht's 66 batmobile look in person?

Oh, no, I wasn't talking about it being in the next game. The previous LEGO Batman game had a Classic TV Series level that featured mini-figures and a Batmobile that looked like this:

500px-LEGO_Batman_3_1966.jpg

They released an SDCC exclusive set that looked like this:

tumblr_inline_n972wpFMvj1r7h16t.jpg

...and while I realize that video games and real life are two different beasts, I just think it'd be awesome to see a legit Batman '66 set akin to the former, as opposed to...well, the SDCC set.:lol

Ah. Yeah I understand. But the sdcc stuff is usually going to be reused items not new(repainted). They don't sell enough to justify the design and engineering of new stuff. As a general rule. I've been to 15 sdcc and it's almost always repaints as exclusives. (There are exceptions obviously)

The upcoming Lego set is supposed to be a regular set with new mini figures so I think you'll get your wish.

Thank you for giving me hope. Appreciate your insight. How impressive did the ht's 66 batmobile look in person?

It looks really good. I was impressed.

Oh yeah, I get the logic behind the SDCC sets, I'm just saying that this is one of those cases where art has clearly bested life (thus far, anyway).:lol

Back