Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching Danoby’s livestream from last night and one of the guys commenting who had taken a bunch of the pictures Danoby was showing said that he talked to the “CEO” at the event (I assume Howard but it wasn’t clear) and he was told they are still undecided about whether they are actually releasing another delorean of any kind because molding is so expensive. This guy was saying he came away a lot less optimistic after talking to him, so take that all for what it’s worth.
Oh well at least he asked him, better than no-one asking the question and Howard walking away thinking "well no one seems interested in the DeLorean".

I was watching Danoby’s livestream from last night and one of the guys commenting who had taken a bunch of the pictures Danoby was showing said that he talked to the “CEO” at the event (I assume Howard but it wasn’t clear) and he was told they are still undecided about whether they are actually releasing another delorean of any kind because molding is so expensive. This guy was saying he came away a lot less optimistic after talking to him, so take that all for what it’s worth.

So no hope then for extensive upgrades!

I would expect them to re-issue the Part 1 delorean though.

Anyone recalls how much what the original retail price for the delorean was when it first released?

I know it's sacrilegious, but I'd take the Part I Delorean with just Mr Fusion swapped in, I don't need it to convert to flying mode.

Still holding out hope for a Part II and III DeLorean since they have the prototypes. I mean the time machine is as much a character in the films as Marty and Doc.

that said, I’ll be fine with my Part I DeLorean and Marty and Doc from all 3 films if that’s all we get. Still can’t believe we’re actually getting the western look, in 2 styles!

I will literally buy whichever version they release, I just want one! I passed on the original delorean because it came out right when I started collecting and did not have room in the tiny apartment I was in at the time. Plus they were showing off the part 2 car at the cons and thought I would wait and grab that one… little did I know at the time that it was a thing for Hot Toys to tease stuff without actual plans to release it.

Problem is any new release would probably cost somewhere over $900 (at least judging by the price increase we saw with the Tumbler), which HT probably feels would just scare off too many people. There might be some who are willing to pay that much or more on ebay, but not enough to justify the huge cost of production.

I will literally buy whichever version they release, I just want one! I passed on the original delorean because it came out right when I started collecting and did not have room in the tiny apartment I was in at the time. Plus they were showing off the part 2 car at the cons and thought I would wait and grab that one… little did I know at the time that it was a thing for Hot Toys to tease stuff without actual plans to release it.

That's the primary reason why the Delorean aftermarket prices are so high, everyone held off the Pt 1 car since the successor was teased around the same time. By the time a couple of years or so passed and no signs of the Pt II car, people were regretting their decision thus why the car shot up more than twice the retail price.

I really regret selling my Delorean now lol but hopefully they do reissue it in some capacity, they’ve shown it in all the promo pics for pt1 and pt3 doc and Marty figures, so I’d say the chances have to be somewhat high

I just re-watched this again last night. It's been a while. But the writing is soooo good. So efficient.

Just an excellent original movie all round. Life lessons, entertainment, suspense.

Not so many original movies like that around these days.
You should try the 2010 videogame as well, it's a sequel sanctioned by the creators with a good number of the cast returning.

I have my doubts that part III Marty can fit in the Delorean. With the non-removable hat. Unless the Delorean in these pics has more head room then the DeLorean HT released a few years ago. The original Marty just had enough head room in the Delorean.

mm16-jpg.538534

mm17-jpg.538535

Good point, although the only time we saw him in the full western getup inside the DeLorean was when they were running tests on it in Doc's shed, which doesn't really seem worth recreating anyway.

If they do ever release the Part 3 car I kinda wish they'd release a Marty in the cheesy pink outfit to go with it, since that's the outfit he actually had on while driving the car.

Last edited:
I have my doubts that part III Marty can fit in the Delorean. With the non-removable hat. Unless the Delorean in these pics has more head room then the DeLorean HT released a few years ago. The original Marty just had enough head room in the Delorean.

mm16-jpg.538534

mm17-jpg.538535
I guess this is the answer....

241985947_10158235477152344_2877829764764752015_n.jpg

Back