Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think the figure signed would be worth more than the delorean signed?

Why are you concerned with worth? Shouldn't it be about the experience? If it's nothing but sales value to you then none of the above as there are companies that will get you his autograph for a small fee (Officialpix) so you wouldn't get more than what you paid probably (I'd imagine less as there would be doubt). As for toy pieces value, it would probably be less than unsigned, most 1/6 collectors aren't looking for signed stuff as it limits the resell value down the road to only people that want a signature and in today's market, unless it comes from a professional company or trusted individual, signatures are met with a large amount of skepticism as fakes are rampant on the net.

So to sum it up, if you are in it for the experience then go for it...if you are in it for resell than pass as I doubt the value will be there for you and could reduce the value of the piece

Why are you concerned with worth? Shouldn't it be about the experience? If it's nothing but sales value to you then none of the above as there are companies that will get you his autograph for a small fee (Officialpix) so you wouldn't get more than what you paid probably (I'd imagine less as there would be doubt). As for toy pieces value, it would probably be less than unsigned, most 1/6 collectors aren't looking for signed stuff as it limits the resell value down the road to only people that want a signature and in today's market, unless it comes from a professional company or trusted individual, signatures are met with a large amount of skepticism as fakes are rampant on the net.

So to sum it up, if you are in it for the experience then go for it...if you are in it for resell than pass as I doubt the value will be there for you and could reduce the value of the piece

If I get it signed and take a picture while he is signing and if he signs somewhere discreet like under the hood. There is no way that it can depreciate in value. And I’m just trying to see if it’s worth I never sell my collectibles anyway

If I get it signed and take a picture while he is signing and if he signs somewhere discreet like under the hood. There is no way that it can depreciate in value. And I’m just trying to see if it’s worth I never sell my collectibles anyway

It's worth what someone will pay for it and you will not know what that is unless you sell it. It's not going to be worth twice as much or something. crazy. It could be more it could be less. I personally would pass on any modified piece and that includes autographs unless it's a a really good deal.

You think the figure signed would be worth more than the delorean signed?

Probably. It’s a figure of his character.

It’d have more value to me, at least. A signed DeLorean wouldn’t really have much value to me. No more than the price of an unsigned one at least. Autographs can actually sometimes lower the value of a piece. They don’t always automatically make an item worth more.

Though if you want to get it signed because you feel you can turn it for a profit, by all means go for it. Worst case scenario, you’ll have a cool signed HT DeLorean for yourself. It just wouldn’t make it worth more to me if I were to buy it.

It's worth what someone will pay for it

tenor.gif

Is there a thread for the 2018 delorean from sideshow ?

Ummmmm, what 2018 Delorean from Sideshow? If you mean the Kids Logic Hover one the have for order, then probably somewhere buried in a different forum where they discuss the Welly, Diamond and Hot Wheels versions as it scales with them.

Or do you mean the one by eaglemoss which is a partworks subscription magazine/model? Its 1/8th scale, mostly die cast and you build it yourselves over 130 issues. Here is mine. Im further along as all the body panels have been added since I took the picture.

20180512_235442.jpg

Ok so this happened today [emoji846] got my hot toys Delorean signed by Christopher lloyd and Michael j fox. Couldn’t get a clear photo of Michael signing security was so tight! You can see his forehead lol

1167635f01336523d06f218ac78f859b.jpg

e0824f2e148282ed8453bc46b8ca3ddf.jpg

a3fd7def8841a53901c91f1e5a646450.jpg

17c7fbcccef9bb6ea776f1f58b0e0842.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome. Agreed with his security. I hope you got the signatures authenticated. At least Michael’s. Two years ago I had Fox, Lloyd, and Lea Thompson sign my OUTATIME license plate. I had Tom Wilson sign it last year. I’m still working on putting together a shadow box display for it.

Oh lord, you're a nut!! I thought you were going to take the hood piece, separate, and have them sign the underside of that.

You took the whole damn car!!

I think it's awesome though...it's not on the outside, so it doesn't obstruct it's display value, but you pop the hood and holy crap, this baby's been signed by Doc and Marty!!

Very, very cool!

(oh....and am I going to hell for noticing that MJF's signature is a hell of a lot neater than I expected it to be?)

Back