Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its worth having. With just a few easy mods it really can look awesome.

View attachment 427705

I hope you find a better one. Was it bought from a store or private seller?

eBay sale.

I had plans to follow your mods and attempt to get it close to yours but refinishing the body was not in the plan.

Funnily, the stainless steel panels are the hardest part to fix and costliest to replace on a 1:1 Delorean.

If you are hesitant to return it, you could always try to negotiate a partial refund. The paint damage is quite bad, so i think $100 refund is not unreasonable. If the seller refuses, you have every right to return it. I've done this in the past, as the seller usually doesn't want the hassle.

I asked about a partial refund but unless it’s substantial I’d prefer to go through the hassle of returning it.

I’m ok to just keep waiting for the v2 to eventually be released.

b3a0b3c9069d8c4456e4f227fb615446.jpg

bfc231545fd0ddfef580e76bd4c4067b.jpg

Man... he must have dropped that thing HARD. I just looked at the eBay listing... hope you got a good deal on it. He was asking over $1100 for that car.

It was a hard decision to buy mine when they were still around $750. I wanted to wait for the Part II... But the more and more time passes seems that the 2nd one is not coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man... he must have dropped that thing HARD. I just looked at the eBay listing... hope you got a good deal on it. He was asking over $1100 for that car.

It was a hard decision to buy mine when they were still around $750. I wanted to wait for the Part II... But the more and more time passes seems that the 2nd one is not coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I offered well below the listing price. Paid slightly over retail and was excited to get it at that price.

He probably had it listed for ages and wanted shot of it hence why they accepted the offer.

Part2 version will never see a release. Vehicles seemed to have ceased production from HT. Im surprised blizway are producing Ecto-1 really. I think the pricetag is just too high now which will put off alot of buyers which means less are sold and margin of profit will greatly be reduced. I know the part2 deloreans tooling pretty much has 90% already in existance. The pricetag now would easily be $200 to $300 more than the part1 version.

Depending on the damage done to a 1:1 delorean will depend on difficulty of repair. Panels will always be expensive though. Some more than others. Dents can be beaten out and the stainless regrained at a price. In the UK youre looking at about £150 per dent and takes around 2hours per dent. The rarest panel on a delorean is the left front fendor. If that gets badly damaged its cheaper to just fill and then paint the entire car which is why painted deloreans are generally a big risk and are cheaper to buy.

Yes, I offered well below the listing price. Paid slightly over retail and was excited to get it at that price.

I feel for you, always a risk off eBay. This guy was dreaming if he thought he could get retail price for that damage. Only way i would keep it is half refund. Otherwise send it back. $100 refund is not enough in my opinion.
Hope it works out for you.....

Before I start needlessly searching, did you post a how to guide here that I should look for?

There is a delorean mod thread on this forum where I go into a little more detail like wire sizing.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165970&highlight=delorean

Basically, I bought the tyre decals from hunter of bad mother tattoos, i added some carpets to the footwells by creating a paper template (tricky but can be done without dismantaling the car) and using some fabric test patches bought off ebay. Took a while till i found a decent colour match. I then added and weathered some extra wires to go along the outside and inside. The inside is very bare and i feel HT cheaped out on this but the extra wires improve the interior look massively. I also added the VIN plate too.

I created pretty much all of the props bar a couple which were supplied by hunter and i made the lightning rod from scratch with a little help from another member here. Personally I feel its the best one that was done. Whilst others were great attempts, they all missed the detail that it was a fishing rod Doc used. Mine isnt 100% accurate but its the best example Ive seen and cost next to nothing to make

20161013_113159.jpg
20171001_181903.jpg
20171001_182011.jpg
14352417_1374528672557606_7759023003021489285_o.jpg
20160917_191449.jpg

Bro, send that back man. He knew damn well that was unacceptable, anyone in this Hobby does. I've had ****** sellers try and pass garbage similar to that on to me. Taking pictures not showing the imperfections on purpose. I'd give his butt bad feedback, that's for sure.

Bro, send that back man. He knew damn well that was unacceptable, anyone in this Hobby does. I've had ****** sellers try and pass garbage similar to that on to me. Taking pictures not showing the imperfections on purpose. I'd give his butt bad feedback, that's for sure.

I can’t ignore the ghost of Ted Knight! Lol

I already started the return process. Hopefully it goes smooth.

First off, I’m really sorry for necro-posting but it’s getting really hard to find these things so it’s a Hail Mary!
Is anybody selling? I can give a delivery address for the UK or USA if that improves my chances! Feel free to PM me.
Thanks!

Nice looking case there!

I finally decided to order that Mr Fusion on Shapeways so I can convert mine into the Part II version, now that it's painfully clear HT won't release one. It'll be a ton of work, but the idea of having a flying version on display is just too appealing to pass up.

Back