1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine through Popcultcha. I don't even know what's going on and their Customer Service has taken a hit the last few months. No emails, nothing. I'll wait, I suppose.

Yeah, I emailed them over a week ago regarding a defect...radio silence...

Its a toy dude, get a grip. They don't owe you or anyone else anything, don't like it don't buy it. This endless shrieking, entitled behavior makes these hobbies embarrassing to be a part of

They owe me a steak dinner and their soul!

So it's entitled behavior to want decent treatment/service from a company we patronize??? You're telling me you're totally cool with the bait and switch tactic which caused an extended delay, only to find out the delay could have been completely avoided from the start had they not gone with the bait and switch tactic?

Also if my supposed "entitled behavior" makes this hobby embarrassing to be a part of, perhaps you should be the bigger man and bow out then, yeah? :wave

Cause I enjoy being a collector who freely voices my opinion on here. You don't agree with my opinion, that's fine...but don't go complaining about me complaining! See the hypocrisy there? :lol

This whole debacle is probably going to push them to not make changes on anything the solicit with an unblurred head.

Yeah, that's honestly the silver lining from all this is HT most likely will never deviate too drastically from the solicited/prototype headsculpt ever again. When in doubt, just blur the photo...this way the fans/customers have no basis for comparison.

This is purely my guess, bu the timing coincides with Kojun leaving Hot Toys to form his own company. Maybe there is sales incentive towards the sculptor/artist? and it makes it complicated if the artist is not with the company anymore? So Hot toys boss made certain decisions..? And it back-fired big time?
Kinda makes sense? no? :panic:

That is an interesting theory...if true then HT should def pay to keep their quality artists!

They owe me a steak dinner and their soul!

So it's entitled behavior to want decent treatment/service from a company we patronize??? You're telling me you're totally cool with the bait and switch tactic which caused an extended delay, only to find out the delay could have been completely avoided from the start had they not gone with the bait and switch tactic?

Also if my supposed "entitled behavior" makes this hobby embarrassing to be a part of, perhaps you should be the bigger man and bow out then, yeah? :wave

Cause I enjoy being a collector who freely voices my opinion on here. You don't agree with my opinion, that's fine...but don't go complaining about me complaining! See the hypocrisy there? :lol

I just don't understand the angry part. Being disappointed sure but if i order a figure or i'm thinking about ordering a figure and i don't like the final product. I cancel or don't order and forget about it 5 minutes later no matter how much i was looking forward to it.

It love the hobby but if i ever actually get upset or angry i'm done. I collect to relax.

I emailed them back in November to ask why the "pay a deposit, pay the rest later" system wasn't showing up for new POs. I never got a response...

Dang, I can understand they may be backed up, but to not answer a simple question from 2 months ago is sorta disrespectful...now I feel like I need to hit em up with a follow up email (even though their automated system says not to...).

Dang, I can understand they may be backed up, but to not answer a simple question from 2 months ago is sorta disrespectful...now I feel like I need to hit em up with a follow up email (even though their automated system says not to...).

I'll probably hit them up with another email to know if they'll ship it now or later. I still have to pay the balance. Their website has the TA as February 2021, so we'll see.

I just don't understand the angry part. Being disappointed sure but if i order a figure or i'm thinking about ordering a figure and i don't like the final product. I cancel or don't order and forget about it 5 minutes later no matter how much i was looking forward to it.

It love the hobby but if i ever actually get upset or angry i'm done. I collect to relax.

It's the angry part i don't understand either, and the reason he's on my ignore list. Angry about everything, entitled like he owns a share in the company.
Every head is rubbish, nonstop, lol.
If you don't like their products, move on and buy something else.

True, it just feels like spoiled baby attitude specially if one doesn't even own the product

I got the emails from Sideshow last week but he didn?t ship on Friday. Hopefully he ships out tomorrow based on the first notification I got from them. Fingers crossed!

I had a similar thing, checked the website and turned out the credit card I used to PO was my old one. They didn?t email me about it, so good thing I checked and updated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed them back in November to ask why the "pay a deposit, pay the rest later" system wasn't showing up for new POs. I never got a response...

I follow up with phone calls because they do not seem to respond to emails anymore. They had changed to the payment plan method but that was not working and they told me they had dropped it.

I had a similar thing, checked the website and turned out the credit card I used to PO was my old one. They didn?t email me about it, so good thing I checked and updated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It charged overnight and is now showing as preparing to ship! I wish they would have done this on Friday instead (I pressed yes to the early processing), but I’m happy he’s finally going to be headed my way. There’s a chance he might arrive by this weekend too!

True, it just feels like spoiled baby attitude specially if one doesn't even own the product

Well hold on, it's been a long time since I was a regular in 'new Hot Toys figure' threads but, as I recall, the pattern used to be ''you have to see it in hand'' Then if you were still criticizing it after getting it in hand the retort became ''so why did you buy it :duh ''

It can't be both ways.

Well hold on, it's been a long time since I was a regular in 'new Hot Toys figure' threads but, as I recall, the pattern used to be ''you have to see it in hand'' Then if you were still criticizing it after getting it in hand the retort became ''so why did you buy it :duh ''

It can't be both ways.
Well I never said anything about the "why did you buy it" though. What I was saying, people who get angry over something they don't even own, it's just noise. It's like giving an angry review to food you haven't tasted

Edit: sorry so many edits

It's the angry part i don't understand either, and the reason he's on my ignore list. Angry about everything, entitled like he owns a share in the company.
Every head is rubbish, nonstop, lol.
If you don't like their products, move on and buy something else.

I made your ignore list because I voice my opinion and critique toys we all buy on here? Yeesh, what an overly sensitive sad sap...this is the internet, get over it. There are tons of people who voice both positive and negative opinions alike.

Unless I was viciously attacking you on a personal level then I would understand me making your ignore list, but because I simply voice a differing opinion that's enough to get banned essentially...wow, such a fragile existence. :rotfl

Well I never said anything about the "why did you buy it" though. What I was saying, people who get angry over something they don't even own, it's just noise. It's like giving an angry review to food you haven't tasted

Edit: sorry so many edits

Terrible analogy by the way. While the visual component of food is an important factor in the overall experience, the taste is, without a doubt, the most crucial aspect when it comes to critiquing food.

A toy/figure on the other hand can absolutely be judged based on the visual aesthetics since that is the major sensory component in order to properly evaluate it. And the fact that HT is switching back to the "original" headsculpt due to overwhelming complaints from the fans (who ALL never owned the figure by the way) is testament that the criticism is valid.

Moreover my main gripe was about HT's poor execution of this figure's release...mainly the bait and switch tactic...I dunno how you and the unoriginal "Username" deviated from that point to make it about me having a "spoiled baby attitude." :cuckoo:

I guess cause it's cause you guys don't actually have a valid argument.

It can't be both ways.

It won't always be both ways. You've been around here longer than i have, so you know full well there are more than two camps. There are a great many different sides you can come down on. For a lot of people, it will simply be price. I am mostly priced out of owning Iron Man due to the inflated price(Remember when they used to sell these things for less than $200? Pepperidge farm remembers), but that doesn't stop me perusing these threads and enjoying images posted by other people. Especially with an incredible, seminal suit like this one.
I can understand the "I don't like the final product, so i am cancelling" side, as these cost a *lot* of money, and if you don't like it, then don't waste your cash on it.
I also fully appreciate the "Man, i love this character, but i wish they had executed the figure better", and being sad over a head, or two extra millimetres of shoulder armour due to articulation issues, etc. Any change from the proto to the final can be a reason to cancel and put your cash towards something more deserving.
There's really no end to the reasons a person could have this on order and legitimately decide it's no longer for them.
And this is the discussion forum, after all, and it's always great to see so many differing opinions, as we are all different. you will always have on one side, people who gush about the figure non-stop, and post great pics, and on the other side, people who constantly moan as though, somehow, they HAVE TO BUY THIS, and are dreadfully unhappy about one detail.
What i can't understand is a constant hammering of an opinion, where person A says they don't like something(Based on pics from a youtuber, let's say), person B pipes up with the item in hand, and likes it, person A chimes in again with the reasons he doesn't like it, then person C comes in and says they just got it and it's great, but person A comes back with more reasons it's rubbish, and so on.
We get it. It happens in every Marvel thread. It's only opinion, after all. We all have one most of the time, and for the regulars among us, those with strong opinions seem to broadcast them more often and louder, but i often shake my head when person A Keeps. Posting. It's. Rubbish. Over. And. Over. And. Over.
Like as though those of us who are either indifferent, or even like the item in question, are wrong, and here's a list of reasons why.
Facial schema and pareidolia play a huge part in whether you "see" the subject in a 1 inch high face. Some do, some don't. I see a lot of RDJ in this sculpt and, with them getting into more people's hands, we are see the *fact* that plenty other owners see it too. It's fine if you don't. I just don't understand why someone would try and relate that *opinion*(It's only opinion after all), over and over. We heard it the tenth time, lol.

I love this figure and this Headsculpt !

Beautiful. Thanks for posting the pics! This is my fave. Looking forward to seeing more of that headsculpt(And i'd love to see it on a clothed figure if you are able to take pic of that).

It won't always be both ways. You've been around here longer than i have, so you know full well there are more than two camps. There are a great many different sides you can come down on. For a lot of people, it will simply be price. I am mostly priced out of owning Iron Man due to the inflated price(Remember when they used to sell these things for less than $200? Pepperidge farm remembers), but that doesn't stop me perusing these threads and enjoying images posted by other people. Especially with an incredible, seminal suit like this one.
I can understand the "I don't like the final product, so i am cancelling" side, as these cost a *lot* of money, and if you don't like it, then don't waste your cash on it.
I also fully appreciate the "Man, i love this character, but i wish they had executed the figure better", and being sad over a head, or two extra millimetres of shoulder armour due to articulation issues, etc. Any change from the proto to the final can be a reason to cancel and put your cash towards something more deserving.
There's really no end to the reasons a person could have this on order and legitimately decide it's no longer for them.
And this is the discussion forum, after all, and it's always great to see so many differing opinions, as we are all different. you will always have on one side, people who gush about the figure non-stop, and post great pics, and on the other side, people who constantly moan as though, somehow, they HAVE TO BUY THIS, and are dreadfully unhappy about one detail.
What i can't understand is a constant hammering of an opinion, where person A says they don't like something (Based on pics from a youtuber, let's say), person B pipes up with the item in hand, and likes it, person A chimes in again with the reasons he doesn't like it, then person C comes in and says they just got it and it's great, but person A comes back with more reasons it's rubbish, and so on.
We get it. It happens in every Marvel thread. It's only opinion, after all. We all have one most of the time, and for the regulars among us, those with strong opinions seem to broadcast them more often and louder, but i often shake my head when person A Keeps. Posting. It's. Rubbish. Over. And. Over. And. Over.
Like as though those of us who are either indifferent, or even like the item in question, are wrong, and here's a list of reasons why.
Facial schema and pareidolia play a huge part in whether you "see" the subject in a 1 inch high face. Some do, some don't. I see a lot of RDJ in this sculpt and, with them getting into more people's hands, we are see the *fact* that plenty other owners see it too. It's fine if you don't. I just don't understand why someone would try and relate that *opinion*(It's only opinion after all), over and over. We heard it the tenth time, lol.

I'm apparently blocked by him, but I'm gonna respond anyways since he was clearly referring to me.

With over 15,000 posts, the irony is that you've probably (or actually very likely) voiced your opinion over and over again as well. The issue here is you don't like it when it's negative criticism (which I can understand to a certain extent), but the flip side to that is how is that any different from someone who CONSTANTLY praises a certain figure over and over again? (I'm not picking on anyone, but Zurdo I'm looking at you and your love for CM :lol) By your logic you should also be reprimanding or blocking Zurdo for his constant repeated comments. The fact is there is NO difference, it's a different side of the same coin.

And as you yourself acknowledged, we are expressing OUR OPINIONS, so your argument falls apart when you bash one type of opinion over the other. Anyways this is a fruitless post since Username can't even read it because he's too closed-minded, but I at least wanted to get MY point across.

As a-dev wisely pointed out, IT CAN'T BE BOTH WAYS. :lecture

Back