1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a strange sculpt in hand. From certain angles it's really not bad, but then it looks awful from others.

You can almost see the potential of a good sculpt in there. I still wonder if all of this was a production/mold issue.

Mine came last week, just opened yesterday. In my opinion it needs the LED?s lit up more so than all the other IM figures to actually look good even on a brightly lit shelf. I?m still bummed about the lack of LED?s on the back starfish (lightning refocuser) but less so after seeing the incredible work that is the Nano Gauntlet included in the package. It includes the hand as well as the forearm with both being unique, detailed and extremely nice sculpts. Yes the forearm sculpt and paint work is different on the included swap out Nano Gauntlet to the standard forearms on the Mk. LXXXV which was surprising and welcome. When comparing it to the Nano Gauntlet included with Rocket I noticed that the designs were both very different in that Tony?s has more ?organic? lines looking like veins whereas the the other has straight lines, harsh bends up to 90? and they don?t share each other?s color layouts. This isn?t necessarily a negative and unless you put them next to each other, you shouldn?t even care but I did notice that each design looks to be done by a totally different person and my own sick nerdiness just plays ?but they were both designed by Stark? in my mind lol.

A42A4F98-5A39-4EE4-98D8-32DE7D0625A8.jpeg

Keep in mind that Tony wasn't actually wearing a separate "gauntlet", he simply used the compatible nano-tech between his Mark 85 suit and the nano gauntlet to swipe the stones from Thanos. So there's no reason for the forearm/hand on his suit to look like the design of the original nano gauntlet.

Keep in mind that Tony wasn't actually wearing a separate "gauntlet", he simply used the compatible nano-tech between his Mark 85 suit and the nano gauntlet to swipe the stones from Thanos. So there's no reason for the forearm/hand on his suit to look like the design of the original nano gauntlet.

Exactly. There was no "design." It was just the Mk85 absorbing the stones into itself. That is why you end up with the more organic swirl look.

Well I love this ! For me the best so far just a beast. But... the sculpt is a let down. The paint and HD effect is stellar but the sculpt itself reminds me of the original Mark 7 big on top skinny lower face like almost stylized. I dont know just my 2 bits !
2C41484F-E0A9-4101-AE79-91C54E86C8BD.jpeg0E265CCD-AF5D-42A8-BB98-465073C28BF3.jpeg94B6A1A9-F0A2-4B3A-A1ED-55DF2E231684.jpeg

Just got mine from Sideshow and one of the ankle flaps was broken off in the box. The hinge seems to have broken too. Already contacted them, just disappointing. First time I?ve had a broken figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine from Sideshow and one of the ankle flaps was broken off in the box. The hinge seems to have broken too. Already contacted them, just disappointing. First time I?ve had a broken figure.

Nice thing about Sideshow is they always take care of you--thats why I'm comfortable buying even Sideshow's own 1/6 figures despite the unusually bad QC: even when I've had issues, they've always taken care of it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Nice thing about Sideshow is they always take care of you--thats why I'm comfortable buying even Sideshow's own 1/6 figures despite the unusually bad QC: even when I've had issues, they've always taken care of it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yea, they?ve done right by me in the past. Years ago my Mark 42 came with two sets of left arm battle damage parts, so they sent me the missing parts.

Well mine arrived today, but alas, was not impervious to damage :/ I reached out to Hot Toys to see if that piece is replaceable. Honestly I could/may just glue it. But for $4xx it would be nice not to have that on this figure lol
251535b41759114d9a22ac90e6b5b926.jpg

61bbf7fc5a76d47a1cc6ab54192ccb7e.jpg

i am no photographer , but this figure has to be their best figure yet.

143875488_10157405751702587_8871590122409005172_o.jpg143967776_10157405751807587_6660147102403512259_o.jpg144009258_10157405752012587_3869970510267372650_o.jpg144110200_10157405751897587_5799000698953803163_o.jpg144494913_10157405751952587_1528669150888484813_o.jpg144484416_10157405751742587_920979833877261027_o.jpg

Well mine arrived today, but alas, was not impervious to damage :/ I reached out to Hot Toys to see if that piece is replaceable. Honestly I could/may just glue it. But for $4xx it would be nice not to have that on this figure lol

251535b41759114d9a22ac90e6b5b926.jpg

61bbf7fc5a76d47a1cc6ab54192ccb7e.jpg

Sorry, I?m not good with the find Elmo pictures.

Just out of my own curiousity what is the damaged part in these pictures?

Can you circle it.

im missing it I guess....

The tip on the left flap is broken - you can see the piece pointing to the right.

Unboxed mine yesterday and I don't think the figure is bad - just not as good as some other recent ones. All my figures are in museum poses and the silhouette of this one is just a bit off when in a straight up museum pose. The sculpt itself doesn't look bad, but the paint is just flat - a lot of the details in the sculpt just get lost. The smoothness of the features throws off the likeness, because the paint makes it look like he had botox and a face lift. Is it the worst sculpt/paint of the Iron Man figures? No, but they've done better previously and this one is a step back.

Yeah I?m awaiting their reply. I?m not sure if that piece is easily replaceable or not. Ugh, not a major thing but still haha

Got mine yesterday and it's amazing. The first thing that stands out to me is that it's HUGE. It's the first Iron Man I've gotten in years--literally ten years, which is when I got the Mark IV. So I have missed out on all the technological upgrades HT has made, including the switch to die cast.

Honestly I was a little ho-hum about getting the figure. I was looking forward to it, but without much enthusiasm. But the whole experience, from sliding off the gorgeous slip case, to lifting the very heavy figure out of its styrofoam sarcophagus, has been nothing but awe.

The articulation is impressive. All the joints are easy to manipulate and hold their positions, although I have found the pulling in and out of the shoulders and thighs to be a little challenging. I'm apprehensive about exerting too much force so maybe Im being overly cautious. That little point on the underwear that broke off of Jungle Hunter's figure does scare me--seems very delicate for a part that needs to be moved whenever you want to move the legs.

The paint and finish are stunning. I haven't compared it with screenshots, so I don't know how accurate it all is, but I just know it looks great. The shoulders and arms could probably be tighter to the body, but they really don't look bad IRL.

Like I mentioned before, the thing is enormous. It kinda seems out of scale! Is it really 1:6? You can see in my picture below how it dwarfs the original Mark IV, which seems more in scale with all my other figures.

And the sculpt. What can I add that hasn't been said already? Yes, it's a bit better IRL than in photos. But it's still not good. However, I will say that the paint apps are quite good. The general consensus seems to be that it's a bit flat, but I disagree. There is layering of the usual HT freckles, but with plenty of other tones and lines, and individual hairs painted. I studied it under a magnifying lens, and it's incredible the amount of tiny detail in the paint. But yes, the sculpt is not what it should be. Definitely the neck is too skinny and the jaw too slight. And the nose seems too long. Some angles look ok, but most angles don't. I wouldn't be using the head anyway, but it would have been nice if it was a good sculpt, especially considering the price. I think it's officially the most expensive figure I've bought, although luckily I had a $25 coupon and dropped another $250 in reward points on it!

Anyway, I love it and am very glad I got it. Here's a quickie iphone pic:

wZkVqWb.jpg

Back