1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue here is you don't like it when it's negative criticism (which I can understand to a certain extent), but the flip side to that is how is that any different from someone who CONSTANTLY praises a certain figure over and over again? (I'm not picking on anyone, but Zurdo I'm looking at you and your love for CM [emoji38]) By your logic you should also be reprimanding or blocking Zurdo for his constant repeated comments. The fact is there is NO difference, it's a different side of the same coin.

Im definitely not him, but that is kinda obvious, positive comments create good discussion. Negative comments are okay worded right. Repetitive negative angry overdramatic comments while you don't even have the product, is TOXIC to other collectors who are happy with the purchase. I mean there are people who spent money and are actually happy here.

Well perhaps gmoney excessively posts his criticisms. Important distinction, I'm not saying his criticisms are excessive but that maybe he posts them excessively and at times that seem untactful. I rubbed people up the wrong way myself back in the days when Hot Toys was pumping out Terminator figures. Believe it or not it does come from a place of passion and enthusiasm as it did from me when I, for the 87th time, was laying into the way Hot Toys sculpts Arnie's hairstyle in T2. But, yeah, it annoyed people when I did it right after someone would be excitedly posting pics of their new acquisition. :lol

Username's general point about 'how often' and 'when' are worth considering.

In gmoney's favour I'll say this, me being someone who is only looking for a relatively small collection of Marvel and is not really in the know about accuracy and so on I'm specifically interested in the most critical viewpoints because those are the ones that will help me keep discipline and not go wild buying everything - his has become a name I look for when I'm in this section. In particular I find it noteworthy when the more critical people are praising something.

Well perhaps gmoney excessively posts his criticisms. Important distinction, I'm not saying his criticisms are excessive but that maybe he posts them excessively and at times that seem untactful.

I'm not trying to upset the guy. I just can't be doing with that "beat you over the head till you agree with him" mentality.
I like the Tony sculpt, but it's fine when people don't. I see a lot of RDJ in it, but like i said before, it's like a jigsaw puzzle piece, so that when i see it, it says "Robert Downey Junior". I have no horse in this race, but i don't like to be told "You don't *really* see that", or "You're wrong to like that headsculpt". You can like something, or not like it without trying to force people to agree with you.
This is a discussion forum, after all, so we should all feel free to put out our own opinions.

I rubbed people up the wrong way myself back in the days when Hot Toys was pumping out Terminator figures. Believe it or not it does come from a place of passion and enthusiasm as it did from me when I, for the 87th time, was laying into the way Hot Toys sculpts Arnie's hairstyle in T2. But, yeah, it annoyed people when I did it right after someone would be excitedly posting pics of their new acquisition. :lol

I hear you, my friend. I am a lifelong terminator fan(Well, i was 8 when it came out, but i saw it not long after). I actually reckon the best "Late 80's" Arnie head they have done is the Commando head. I love the Tech Noir head too, but the Commando one is my fave. I snagged two of those from TA when they were parted to get repainted(The camo removed at least), for a Terminator custom.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to post and when to post it. We are having a discussion here. I just feel that "This sculpt is terrible" is a fine comment. But to be able to go back through every post of an individual, and it's all they talk about, i can live without reading it.

In gmoney's favour I'll say this, me being someone who is only looking for a relatively small collection of Marvel and is not really in the know about accuracy and so on I'm specifically interested in the most critical viewpoints because those are the ones that will help me keep discipline and not go wild buying everything - his has become a name I look for when I'm in this section. In particular I find it noteworthy when the more critical people are praising something.

Of course. The last thing i would say is to disregard anyone out of hand, or to diminish anyone's opinion. And i can see how everyone gushing about a sculpt gets old also, but all i know is that at least four of the sculpts i feel are HT's recent best efforts, he takes the time to constantly put down. And i don't know why. I look at the sculpts in hand and see nothing but the character and the actor who played them. I just feel every comment is trying to pagger me over the head with a block of wood(A really big block): "You! Will! STOP! Liking! This! sculpt!!!"(And i know it's not personal. It just brings a negativity into my life i can live without).
If you're reading this, Gmoney, it's nothing personal. It just seems like every time someone likes something you hate, you feel the need to post about it again. And then we get a new page, someone else gets the offending item, and you post about it again. It's none of my business, but i'd rather filter that out if i can.
I don't dislike negative posts. This forum is built on a pleasant discourse among like-minded people, and indeed, there are many here i would dare to call friends based on just open forum discussion and banter we have shared on the topics we enjoy. I'm not asking anyone to censure themselves. But when something like this comes down to opinion, you just can't say someone's opinion is wrong again and again, when it's only an opinion.
I have had a really tough last couple of years, and my 1/6 collecting is a respite from the absolute horrors that the world is throwing at me, so i try and avoid the negativity if i can by filtering it out.
I love the marvel movies and characters, and i am an even bigger fan of Hot Toys(As they encompass subjects more than just marvel), so i just don't get the hate. Or the need to try and make sure everyone knows you don't like something. Look at it, say: "Meh. It's not for me", and take the thread off your watch list.
Anyway. I'm rambling.
I'll say no more on the subject.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to upset the guy. I just can't be doing with that "beat you over the head till you agree with him" mentality.
I like the Tony sculpt, but it's fine when people don't. I see a lot of RDJ in it, but like i said before, it's like a jigsaw puzzle piece, so that when i see it, it says "Robert Downey Junior". I have no horse in this race, but i don't like to be told "You don't *really* see that", or "You're wrong to like that headsculpt". You can like something, or not like it without trying to force people to agree with you.
This is a discussion forum, after all, so we should all feel free to put out our own opinions.

I hear you, my friend. I am a lifelong terminator fan(Well, i was 8 when it came out, but i saw it not long after). I actually reckon the best "Late 80's" Arnie head they have done is the Commando head. I love the Tech Noir head too, but the Commando one is my fave. I snagged two of those from TA when they were parted to get repainted(The camo removed at least), for a Terminator custom.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to post and when to post it. We are having a discussion here. I just feel that "This sculpt is terrible" is a fine comment. But to be able to go back through every post of an individual, and it's all they talk about, i can live without reading it.

Of course. The last thing i would say is to disregard anyone out of hand, or to diminish anyone's opinion. And i can see how everyone gushing about a sculpt gets old also, but all i know is that at least four of the sculpts i feel are HT's recent best efforts, he takes the time to constantly put down. And i don't know why. I look at the sculpts in hand and see nothing but the character and the actor who played them. I just feel every comment is trying to pagger me over the head with a block of wood(A really big block): "You! Will! STOP! Liking! This! sculpt!!!"(And i know it's not personal. It just brings a negativity into my life i can live without).
If you're reading this, Gmoney, it's nothing personal. It just seems like every time someone likes something you hate, you feel the need to post about it again. And then we get a new page, someone else gets the offending item, and you post about it again. It's none of my business, but i'd rather filter that out if i can.
I don't dislike negative posts. This forum is built on a pleasant discourse among like-minded people, and indeed, there are many here i would dare to call friends based on just open forum discussion and banter we have shared on the topics we enjoy. I'm not asking anyone to censure themselves. But when something like this comes down to opinion, you just can't say someone's opinion is wrong again and again, when it's only an opinion.
I have had a really tough last couple of years, and my 1/6 collecting is a respite from the absolute horrors that the world is throwing at me, so i try and avoid the negativity if i can by filtering it out.
I love the marvel movies and characters, and i am an even bigger fan of Hot Toys(As they encompass subjects more than just marvel), so i just don't get the hate. Or the need to try and make sure everyone knows you don't like something. Look at it, say: "Meh. It's not for me", and take the thread off your watch list.
Anyway. I'm rambling.
In short, people need to chill :lol:wink1:

Mine shipped yesterday and should be here by Monday at the latest. I’ll update once he’s in hand to see if my opinion changes at all the sculpt. I won’t be using it regardless because the helmeted look is too awesome not to use!

Well perhaps gmoney excessively posts his criticisms. Important distinction, I'm not saying his criticisms are excessive but that maybe he posts them excessively and at times that seem untactful. I rubbed people up the wrong way myself back in the days when Hot Toys was pumping out Terminator figures. Believe it or not it does come from a place of passion and enthusiasm as it did from me when I, for the 87th time, was laying into the way Hot Toys sculpts Arnie's hairstyle in T2. But, yeah, it annoyed people when I did it right after someone would be excitedly posting pics of their new acquisition. :lol

Niiiiiceeeeee! I'm glad to see my critique is useful to others on here.

And for the record, I just wanna state that I don't repeat my usual criticism for the sake of doing so. I'm just a passionate collector and I guess that passion also translates into being very vocal. I've got a lot of love for these figures, so it does frustrate me when I see a figure/prototype that I really want deviate so far from what was originally solicited.

Anyways, my main takeaway is that I got a fan in a-dev! My man! :hi5:

Anyway. I'm rambling.

Username can't see my reply, but I'll respond anyways.

I appreciate you taking the time to address me on this matter and articulating the reason you feel the way you do. Fair enough, I understand it and I certainly see it from your perspective, but keep in mind my intent is never to create a toxic environment nor am I trying to put down anyone and their opinion. I am a big believer in sending out positive vibes and I do my best in getting that point across when I tell people I'm happy that they're happy with their purchase (even if it's not my cup of tea). I'm sure those posts have been glossed over since my posts that tend to be more critical stand out more.

Anyways, my post that precipitated all of this (post #2410), my main point I was trying to convey was my discontent with how Hot Toys handled...or mishandled the entire release of the Mark 85. Yes, I gripe about the headsculpt, but only in the sense that had they just given us what they had solicited from the start this debacle with the fan outrage and the ensuing DELAY would have been avoided. Up until this point I actually was not very vocal about how terrible the headsculpt was since I saw the MAJORITY of people were all unhappy with it, so why beat a dead horse, right?

So my main point was about the execution of the botched rollout. I wasn't dunking on how bad the headsculpt was just for the sake of it. It was to voice my frustration that something I really wanted and was looking forward to was going to be severely delayed because of HT's nonsensical decision making. And for those who say, "oh well, if you don't like it, don't buy it!" That's a very oversimplified way of handling it and I highly doubt the very people who spew that "advice" follow it themselves.

Just put yourself in that position, it doesn't even need to be about a toy. It's all about expectations. Take for example a vacation you had booked a year out in advance. You set aside the money and save up and you're looking forward to because the advertisement for it looked SICK! On the day your trip you discover the experience is NOTHING at all like what was advertised. You would, rightfully so, be very disappointed and be vocal about it. You wouldn't just pack your bags up and be like oh, well. Maybe my next trip will be better. That's pretty much how I (and many others) felt about the botched Mk. 85 release.

Anyways I'm rambling and I probably could have worded somethings better or provided a better analogy, BUT getting to my main point: I'm glad you made an effort to reach out and sooth things over. I find that very mature of you and I appreciate you for doing so. I hope I can perhaps be removed from your ban list, but if it helps keep your head in a better place without seeing my meaningful criticism then you do you. No offense taken on my end. Glad we could talk this out like adults. I've got no ill-will towards you brotha. :duff:

PS, if someone could reply my post so Username could read it, I'd appreciate it.

-
-
-
-

Head sculpt sucks.

-
-
-
-

PS, if someone could reply my post so Username could read it, I'd appreciate it.

You're welcome and I agree 100% :D :D :D
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Just kidding that's not gmoney's response.

mine arrived today from sideshow.
dec32e5090362799b5d1513b898efb76.jpg

here is with the mark 50 head sculpt, if anyone was curious
d122a2e1e4b3cf75298ea725addbf853.jpg

this guy will be fun to pose with all the mark 50 accessories. ill swap out a few of them within the next days
0eb5af39ee85ab637c75c9b2f8798d6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my figure today. I really like the way it looks. Until I decide if I?m getting the battle damage version I?m keeping the gauntlet on him.
68B111E3-06B0-45F3-825E-43C9D238A08F.jpg

Mine arrived today also and it looks amazing on the shelf. Headsculpt looks fine to me. I have dozens of Iron Man/ War Machine figures and still love getting a new one to add to the collection as much as when i got my 1st one a decade ago.

Day 1 preorder but still haven't got any email notification....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Anyway. I'm rambling.

I understand. It grinds people's gears when someone can't seem to resist seizing every opportunity to put out their same opinion again and again. There's definitely times not to do it. As I said I've been a guilty party in the past. I had persistent flame wars 'back in the day' with a few people who are no longer on the forum - I didn't enjoy that. But I'd like to think I'd get along better with those people now if they came back. And it's not that I've changed my opinions, I've just hopefully gotten better over the years at 'reading the room' for when to put them out, how to word them and generally to show self-awareness, throw in some self-deprecation if need be.

Sorry to hear about the rough time you've been having by the way. I hope things get better.

I hear you, my friend. I am a lifelong terminator fan(Well, i was 8 when it came out, but i saw it not long after). I actually reckon the best "Late 80's" Arnie head they have done is the Commando head. I love the Tech Noir head too, but the Commando one is my fave. I snagged two of those from TA when they were parted to get repainted(The camo removed at least), for a Terminator custom

I never saw that in person. Funny that you should bring up that particular head because it seems to be a comparable situation with this Mark 85 Tony headsculpt - the final product came out looking very different from the prototype and, IMO, was a downgrade. I have never been truly happy with a Hot Toys Arnie head if I'm honest. There's a superb sculpt among them but unfortunately you'd have to combine elements from like 4 different heads to find it :lol

Well, now there I go. See? :lol

Niiiiiceeeeee! I'm glad to see my critique is useful to others on here.

And for the record, I just wanna state that I don't repeat my usual criticism for the sake of doing so. I'm just a passionate collector and I guess that passion also translates into being very vocal. I've got a lot of love for these figures, so it does frustrate me when I see a figure/prototype that I really want deviate so far from what was originally solicited.

Anyways, my main takeaway is that I got a fan in a-dev! My man! :hi5:

:duff

If I had actively been considering buying the 85 your general sentiments about how it turned out would have made me decide against it probably - at least made me wait to see how the BD version turns out. But as fate would have it, you may remember from a few pages ago, I was sent the 85 in error when I ordered the Mark 7. Since I had it here in my possession I got overwhelmingly curious and decided 'screw it, I want to see what this looks like - I'm opening it'.

I wasn't even really sold on the new nano-tech suits in the movies but seeing a figure of one in hand actually made me see the appeal - particularly this one. The build not being what was advertised aside - the smoother, rounder forms make this an aesthetically beautiful Iron Man and the colour plan and the quantity ratio of red:gold:silver is really really nice.

Still not majorly fond of the Mark 50 in terms of aesthetics - although what it was doing onscreen was incredible.

I appreciate you taking the time to address me on this matter and articulating the reason you feel the way you do. Fair enough, I understand it and I certainly see it from your perspective, but keep in mind my intent is never to create a toxic environment nor am I trying to put down anyone and their opinion. I am a big believer in sending out positive vibes and I do my best in getting that point across when I tell people I'm happy that they're happy with their purchase (even if it's not my cup of tea). I'm sure those posts have been glossed over since my posts that tend to be more critical stand out more.

Anyways, my post that precipitated all of this (post #2410), my main point I was trying to convey was my discontent with how Hot Toys handled...or mishandled the entire release of the Mark 85. Yes, I gripe about the headsculpt, but only in the sense that had they just given us what they had solicited from the start this debacle with the fan outrage and the ensuing DELAY would have been avoided. Up until this point I actually was not very vocal about how terrible the headsculpt was since I saw the MAJORITY of people were all unhappy with it, so why beat a dead horse, right?

So my main point was about the execution of the botched rollout. I wasn't dunking on how bad the headsculpt was just for the sake of it. It was to voice my frustration that something I really wanted and was looking forward to was going to be severely delayed because of HT's nonsensical decision making. And for those who say, "oh well, if you don't like it, don't buy it!" That's a very oversimplified way of handling it and I highly doubt the very people who spew that "advice" follow it themselves.

Just put yourself in that position, it doesn't even need to be about a toy. It's all about expectations. Take for example a vacation you had booked a year out in advance. You set aside the money and save up and you're looking forward to because the advertisement for it looked SICK! On the day your trip you discover the experience is NOTHING at all like what was advertised. You would, rightfully so, be very disappointed and be vocal about it. You wouldn't just pack your bags up and be like oh, well. Maybe my next trip will be better. That's pretty much how I (and many others) felt about the botched Mk. 85 release.

Anyways I'm rambling and I probably could have worded somethings better or provided a better analogy, BUT getting to my main point: I'm glad you made an effort to reach out and sooth things over. I find that very mature of you and I appreciate you for doing so. I hope I can perhaps be removed from your ban list, but if it helps keep your head in a better place without seeing my meaningful criticism then you do you. No offense taken on my end. Glad we could talk this out like adults. I've got no ill-will towards you brotha. :duff:

Here you go. :rotfl at Bleah's version

7010B388-EFB7-478B-9EB4-479EBEA74D49.jpgMine came last week, just opened yesterday. In my opinion it needs the LED?s lit up more so than all the other IM figures to actually look good even on a brightly lit shelf. I?m still bummed about the lack of LED?s on the back starfish (lightning refocuser) but less so after seeing the incredible work that is the Nano Gauntlet included in the package. It includes the hand as well as the forearm with both being unique, detailed and extremely nice sculpts. Yes the forearm sculpt and paint work is different on the included swap out Nano Gauntlet to the standard forearms on the Mk. LXXXV which was surprising and welcome. When comparing it to the Nano Gauntlet included with Rocket I noticed that the designs were both very different in that Tony?s has more ?organic? lines looking like veins whereas the the other has straight lines, harsh bends up to 90? and they don?t share each other?s color layouts. This isn?t necessarily a negative and unless you put them next to each other, you shouldn?t even care but I did notice that each design looks to be done by a totally different person and my own sick nerdiness just plays ?but they were both designed by Stark? in my mind lol.

The RDJ headsculpt to me looks totally great as long as you don?t look at it straight lol, seriously though, the profile looks convincing but it does need to be turned at least 55?-60? right or left if you want a somewhat convincing likeness. Yeah actually I?m not too bothered by and often do not notice inaccurate headsculpts unless they are seriously inaccurate (ie. newest Ant-Man, IM2 BW, SMR Supes) and I didn?t think it was all that bad looking in pictures and videos until I finally had it in hand and then realized ?oh, now I understand the backlash? even though the profile in hand looked ok, straight on looks really wonky.

Haven?t pulled out the Mk. L accessories yet for it but the red looks to be the same (or close enough for colorblindness). Tidbits: Old waist grabber included instead of the much superior one originally included with the diecast Mk. VII (comes with VG Iron Spider), feet pull down for extra articulation (featured in most armored figures but not all), torso will not twist AT ALL unless extended, seam or gap is a bit too wide between the collar and the neck piece, the 2 LED?s in the back of the helmet shine through the plastic in extreme darkness, the arms can not be posed straight at the elbows which have 7-10? bend, the bicep armor plates move to allow for elbow bends tighter than 90? and THE STARFISH BACKPACK HAS NO LEDS :mad:

All in, I?m pleased but it doesn?t make my top 10 favorite HT IM list.

Attachments

• 97D13907-B7DC-4A6E-8D1D-AC7EFE285920.jpg
    97D13907-B7DC-4A6E-8D1D-AC7EFE285920.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 176
  • A42A4F98-5A39-4EE4-98D8-32DE7D0625A8.jpg
    A42A4F98-5A39-4EE4-98D8-32DE7D0625A8.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 8EFBE92E-5DB5-4699-878C-1C4C17222ADF.jpg
    8EFBE92E-5DB5-4699-878C-1C4C17222ADF.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 176
  • D3437290-6E90-4210-89F3-0BD5D71E537F.jpg
    D3437290-6E90-4210-89F3-0BD5D71E537F.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 177
Got my Mk85 today and overall, I really like it.

The good news is that the head sculpt is not as bad in person.

The bad news is that it's still not very good.

Here's a comparison of the it with the 46/47/50

DSC_0476.jpgDSC_0457.jpg

In my opinion, pictures and videos help the Mk. LXXXV’s headsculpt but it’s so much worse in person. I was not convinced it was bad until receiving mine and I’m not that picky about likenesses.

Back