1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn't really anything to defend Hot Toys here with. They have NEVER communicated with their fan/customer base. They just don't.
Unlike any other decent company you see out there (Threezero, Asmus, Iron Studios, Prime 1 Studio, etc). Hot Toys just does not communicate with anyone. They just live in their own little bubble and do what they want. It's been that way since forever.

The ONLY reason this change is happening is because it's Iron Man related. It's their fattest cow in the farm and the second they saw that the milk was running thin with people mass cancelling orders in Hong Kong and the tantrums online, they sprang to action.

They wouldn't have done this, nor have they done this with any other character before. Just look at the JL Wonder Woman and Ant-Man sculpt or any other sculpt that fans have been disappointed with. They don't say a single word and just continue about their business but god forbid it happens to Iron Man, they instantly change it.

It's good that they're doing it but don't expect this to be common practice. Decent thing to have done would have been for them to announce that they changed the sculpt mid-production so drastically and then they could have gauged what everyone thought then.

They didn't even change the picture used in the instructions for crying out loud. :lol

133058634_3573590096029535_8371309971743752671_o.jpg

Picture by xenom0rph

There isn't really anything to defend Hot Toys here with. They have NEVER communicated with their fan/customer base. They just don't.
Unlike any other decent company you see out there (Threezero, Asmus, Iron Studios, Prime 1 Studio, etc). Hot Toys just does not communicate with anyone. They just live in their own little bubble and do what they want. It's been that way since forever.

The ONLY reason this change is happening is because it's Iron Man related. It's their fattest cow in the farm and the second they saw that the milk was running thin with people mass cancelling orders in Hong Kong and the tantrums online, they sprang to action.

They wouldn't have done this, nor have they done this with any other character before. Just look at the JL Wonder Woman and Ant-Man sculpt or any other sculpt that fans have been disappointed with. They don't say a single word and just continue about their business but god forbid it happens to Iron Man, they instantly change it.

It's good that they're doing it but don't expect this to be common practice. Decent thing to have done would have been for them to announce that they changed the sculpt mid-production so drastically and then they could have gauged what everyone thought then.

They didn't even change the picture used in the instructions for crying out loud. :lol

133058634_3573590096029535_8371309971743752671_o.jpg

Picture by xenom0rph

Jeez louise, the fact that HT was too lazy or didn't even care to bother changing the headsculpt image in the pamphlet just shows you exactly how little ****s HT has towards their customers. The gall they had to STILL show off the prototype image but give you a lesser final product just screams arrogance and complacency! A very conceited take-it-or-leave-it approach. :pfft:

They carry on with an entitled attitude as if we should feel so lucky to purchase from them...yeesh! As I stated before they can go suck on a fat one and hopefully choke on it to the point where they nearly die and then learn to appreciate life (the fan base/consumers). Yes, a very odd and disturbing analogy, but I think it conveys my point! :lol

Jeez louise, the fact that HT was too lazy or didn't even care to bother changing the headsculpt image in the pamphlet just shows you exactly how little ****s HT has towards their customers. The gall they had to STILL show off the prototype image but give you a lesser final product just screams arrogance and complacency! A very conceited take it or leave it approach. :pfft:

I think you're reading too much into it; they probably didn't change the pamphlet because it was the lowest priority item on a long list of higher priority tasks needed to ship the product.

Now, shipping the sculpt of RDJ's long lost brother is a legitimately shocking decision, and risks to undermine the core value of their product and even their brand. Then, turning around and saying "The headsculpt was excellent, yet fans are still not satisfied!" was a deeply stupid move. You don't blame your customers when your product fails to deliver on your brand promise. The customers wouldn't have such high expectations if you didn't set them that high yourselves.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I think you're reading too much into it; they probably didn't change the pamphlet because it was the lowest priority item on a long list of higher priority tasks needed to ship the product.

Now, shipping the sculpt of RDJ's long lost brother is a legitimately shocking decision, and risks to undermine the core value of their product and even their brand. Then, turning around and saying "The headsculpt was excellent, yet fans are still not satisfied!" was a deeply stupid move. You don't blame your customers when your product fails to deliver on your brand promise. The customers wouldn't have such high expectations if you didn't set them that high yourselves.

They didn't change the photo in the instructions because they figured we wouldn't ever look at the instructions lol

Jeez louise, the fact that HT was too lazy or didn't even care to bother changing the headsculpt image in the pamphlet just shows you exactly how little ****s HT has towards their customers. The gall they had to STILL show off the prototype image but give you a lesser final product just screams arrogance and complacency! A very conceited take-it-or-leave-it approach. :pfft:

They carry on with an entitled attitude as if we should feel so lucky to purchase from them...yeesh! As I stated before they can go suck on a fat one and hopefully choke on it to the point where they nearly die and then learn to appreciate life (the fan base/consumers). Yes, a very odd and disturbing analogy, but I think it conveys my point! [emoji38]
I'm pretty sure they released the ANH Han and Luke with the original sculpts on the box images, so they aren't going to pay too much attention to an image in the instructions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They carry on with an entitled attitude as if we should feel so lucky to purchase from them...yeesh! As I stated before they can go suck on a fat one and hopefully choke on it to the point where they nearly die and then learn to appreciate life (the fan base/consumers). Yes, a very odd and disturbing analogy, but I think it conveys my point! :lol

The box art for ANH Han still featured the original sculpt.

The box art/instruction were most like done on an entirely separate production schedule and may honestly have been printed months ago, before the sculpt was changed. There isn't anything unusual, underhanded or lazy about that at all.

I am in no way trying to defend the terrible new sculpt, but a lot of the reactions here are a little nuts and show a complete lack of understanding at how companies actually work.

unnamed.jpg

So much anger in you

I'm curious to what they plan on doing with all the returned head sculpts. Not sure what figure they can add it to seeing how a lot of people hate it. They are going to be losing money on this anyway. Why not leave all the figures as is and then ship of the replacement when it becomes available? It just feels like unpacking every figure, exchanging the head, and then repacking is a lot of extra work. Then again why would I care, I'm not the one that has to do it.

So are they doing a recall on this?

This is the most interesting event in 1/6 collecting a looooong time
Based on the initial statements, it sounds like they will exchange just the heads in Hong Kong, and that shipments in other markets will be delayed. That sounds like these won't hit North Marrica until they've all been repacked with the new sculpt.

While they're at it, why not lighten the yellow on the toy to match the actual color on the armor? Or do we need to meet a certain amount of complaints and cancelations based on that reason for it to happen?

lol, never. Its one thing to replace one part with another, they would never disassemble and repaint every single figure. Plus probably more armors than not have been an inaccurate color to some degree, they don't care

J.C Hong just commented based on his info the new head sculpt will be the prototype version, this could be the reason for long delay.

Anyone able to give me an experienced opinion on Maxnut Stufios? I?m looking at their Mark85 Tony Stark and Black Panther head sculpts. Anyone else grabbing the TS sculpt for their Mark85?

Hot toys created a monster here. Now the geeks will start demanding hot toys cater to them and replace sculpts 90% of the time. I don't feel sorry for hot toys. Maybe instead of focusing on greedily reissuing figures they should put that effort in putting out the best possible figures

Back