1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i feel the same. its not wrong for collectors to demand a reputable likeness headsculpt from HT, because this is what HT claims (not us collectors) they are best at, always striving to be the best in the industry. i remember the words they used...incredible likeness or thereof ....

the recent lapses has been terrible. T'challa, Scott Lang, stealth spidey suit loss of definition and now, their holy grail Tony stark sculpt. it shows this company has lost its sense of perfection somehow. i am really puzzled why some fanboys are still rooting for them aimlessly. sure, they are still a great company, but going by the recent performance, they have fallen far from grace for headsculpt quality. for the marvel cash cow series, i really thought they needed more focus on the headsculpts. they had never really gotten it right for the prominent characters like starlord, black widow, prof hulk

i think their consistency of quality for headsculpt likeness for star wars are still quite good though, krennic, luke, kylo are close...rey was the only disappointing one

Hot Toys overall has the best quality and finish in the 1/6th market, but just off the top of my head, they haven't hit that many home runs, and sometimes it took them several iterations.

Their likenesses are kind of all over the place, albeit usually with excellent paint. Then every now and then they nail it.

Interesting to see what exactly the head will be. Will it be the Mark 50, or a modification? Be interesting to see the prototype as production.

The fact they are like we are going to give you something close to what we advertised is good, if not interesting.

It sounds like they have a prototype headsculpt, and then a department to modify it for mass production. That mass production area softens details and can modify some shapes, pass it for review, and then start making them. My guess is the area approving just rubber stamped it.

Nice repaint...

132210501_168903868314635_8749493132597271783_n.jpg
132736050_446441270051703_5296380624720543347_n.jpg

Damn well that's sad to see. That's how it should look straight out of the box.

That's .. an eye-opener. If I wasn't already passing for other reasons, that would tip me over the edge. Hot Toys is more than capable of producing a paint job like that. It adds depth and a more cinematic feel, IMO. It's a shame they don't do that more often.

Damn well that's sad to see. That's how it should look straight out of the box.

They already announced it yesterday that it's delayed until Q3 2021. Probably won't reach the states until Christmas next year.

132830199_10160054678652573_5462070253822752920_o.jpg

Well I reannounced it for those that can not read Chinese/Mandarin.

That's .. an eye-opener. If I wasn't already passing for other reasons, that would tip me over the edge. Hot Toys is more than capable of producing a paint job like that. It adds depth and a more cinematic feel, IMO. It's a shame they don't do that more often.
Hot Toys goes for a more idealized general look nowadays with everything rather then having it be as accurate as possible. They're of course more than capable of doing the paintjob but they don't. Kind of a shame to see it being done better by one person.

Reminds me of how poorly they did the paintjob on the Mark 3 DC. Just slapped a general looking candy red on it.

132799859_218505129743051_4847165445184271960_n.jpg

132816579_154997923065910_8193729711241308279_n.jpg

w5Pp1jg.png
MiEcBW6.png

Well I reannounced it for those that can not read Chinese/Mandarin.
I posted in the previous page about it. I was also just agreeing with you and adding on that it probably won't hit the states until Christmas of next year. Apologies if it came off poorly.

That paintjob is beautiful (and I am definitely jealous), but the main thing I notice from those pictures is that, yes, the shoulders can be seated correctly so it doesn't stick out.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

That paintjob is beautiful (and I am definitely jealous), but the main thing I notice from those pictures is that, yes, the shoulders can be seated correctly so it doesn't stick out.

Yeah, the shoulders are a panic point on a lot of Iron Man armours. It takes some finesse sometimes, but on the recent diecast they have plenty of range to get them flush in most positions, but that seems to elude some collectors or they don't take the time.

Hot Toys goes for a more idealized general look nowadays with everything rather then having it be as accurate as possible. They're of course more than capable of doing the paintjob but they don't. Kind of a shame to see it being done better by one person.

Reminds me of how poorly they did the paintjob on the Mark 3 DC. Just slapped a general looking candy red on it.

132799859_218505129743051_4847165445184271960_n.jpg

132816579_154997923065910_8193729711241308279_n.jpg

w5Pp1jg.png
MiEcBW6.png

I posted in the previous page about it. I was also just agreeing with you and adding on that it probably won't hit the states until Christmas of next year. Apologies if it came off poorly.

No need to apologize at all. I must have missed your posting. I apologize for reposting.

I'm not going to wait another year for this and ordered through Toyswonderland.

Merry Christmas!

I was comparing some pics and videos and it seems that the lighting has a lot of influence on how the gold of the suit comes off. In Justin's review, for example, it does look quite yelow-ish but there are others that actually give off that champagne-gold hue.

With that said, after seeing the comparisons with the custom one above, I don't know what to think anymore.

I was comparing some pics and videos and it seems that the lighting has a lot of influence on how the gold of the suit comes off. In Justin's review, for example, it does look quite yelow-ish but there are others that actually give off that champagne-gold hue.

With that said, after seeing the comparisons with the custom one above, I don't know what to think anymore.

I've noticed that the tones change on the Mark VI as well, it can appear much warmer, yet at other times paler. That said, the custom has that cooler yet deeper paint job which I feel is more accurate.

The standard Hot Toys Iron Man paint, which most of them sport -- is very appealing but it's got more of a glossy, candy-apple vibe all around and save 1 or 2 releases, never really approaches what we see on-screen.

Yeah, the shoulders are a panic point on a lot of Iron Man armours. It takes some finesse sometimes, but on the recent diecast they have plenty of range to get them flush in most positions, but that seems to elude some collectors or they don't take the time.
For sure. I was a little wary because these ones are on a spring, which I know made my life a little harder with the 46. I really like the design on the Mk1 War Machine because the arm the shoulder plate is one gives you such a wide range of options to position it correctly.

So, it will be almost 3 years between Endgame being released and getting the signature character from the film from Hot Toys. They should've released the current version and provided a replacement head sculpt in a year. I wasn't going to display this with the Tony sculpt anyway...

Wow that custom painted one is amazing looking. Now that I?d buy. I?m not picking this one up, and have the BD one on PO but I?m really thinking of cancelling it and just sticking with my Mk 6 & 7.

Back