1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half the collectors on this page: The color, armor shape and headsculpt are all off, I need to reconsider.

The other half of collectors on this page: Me love Iron Man. Me collected all figures...why didn't SS ship it today!!!

I’m with you on the head sculpt for sure. That was a massive downgrade and deserves criticism. However I feel people are letting that blind them to the improvements made on the rest of the figure.

No, I agree with you. If HT made the changes to accurately reflect how the suit looked on-screen then I'm for the changes, but yeesh, that headsculpt! What were they thinking when they green-lit that?!

KfQSkHSTOc9KOTcYE8jlx9GgUX4y3f7mmjQ__XBjepr9lED_-FeVkJADye1758RSjIXSebzJ_yBV

I do think HT went a little too hard with the saturated golds...BUT to be fair I guess it depends on lighting cause I've seen some images where it looks just fine...guess I'll know for sure when I receive mine in 2022. :lol

This now canceled version will be selling for $1000 (or more) eventually just because it's a super rare controversial Iron Man figure. One that will never ever be reissued.

This now canceled version will be selling for $1000 (or more) eventually just because it's a super rare controversial Iron Man figure. One that will never ever be reissued.

You'd need to have a crippling obsession and compulsion for Hot Toys Iron Man figures in order to want it though...and if that's the case you got bigger problems lol.

You'd need to have a crippling obsession and compulsion for Hot Toys Iron Man figures in order to want it though...and if that's the case you got bigger problems lol.

Rare is a really BIG thing in any hobby. I would never pay over retail for any figure but i would rather have this sculpt than another sculpt that i already have 2 or 3 of on the shelf. RDJ looked more like this in endgame to me. I agree it's not perfect but nothing is. If others hate it no big deal it's just an opinion.

My plan is to get the Endgame versions of the big 6 for my Marvel HT collection so I was planning on going with this version of Iron Man, but it seems like I might be better off waiting for the battle-damaged version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half the collectors on this page: The color, armor shape and headsculpt are all off, I need to reconsider.

The other half of collectors on this page: Me love Iron Man. Me collected all figures...why didn't SS ship it today!!!

Your simplification of disagreeing opinions goes further to show your own understanding than anyone else’s.

No, I agree with you. If HT made the changes to accurately reflect how the suit looked on-screen then I'm for the changes, but yeesh, that headsculpt! What were they thinking when they green-lit that?!

KfQSkHSTOc9KOTcYE8jlx9GgUX4y3f7mmjQ__XBjepr9lED_-FeVkJADye1758RSjIXSebzJ_yBV

I do think HT went a little too hard with the saturated golds...BUT to be fair I guess it depends on lighting cause I've seen some images where it looks just fine...guess I'll know for sure when I receive mine in 2022. :lol

I do expect the gold to be a little brighter than I would’ve hoped. I generally prefer less saturated golds on iron man, and the 85 had that look in the film. I won’t be getting this figure, so I won’t know, but the fixes on the armor for this release and hot toys knowledge about the head sculpt controversy gives me confidence for the Battle damaged version

Rare is a really BIG thing in any hobby. I would never pay over retail for any figure but i would rather have this sculpt than another sculpt that i already have 2 or 3 of on the shelf. RDJ looked more like this in endgame to me. I agree it's not perfect but nothing is. If others hate it no big deal it's just an opinion.

If you really want this version of the headsculpt because you like it and for the rarity of it then you better order from one of the HK sellers now because this is legit your one and only shot to get it.

I do expect the gold to be a little brighter than I would’ve hoped. I generally prefer less saturated golds on iron man, and the 85 had that look in the film. I won’t be getting this figure, so I won’t know, but the fixes on the armor for this release and hot toys knowledge about the head sculpt controversy gives me confidence for the Battle damaged version

Yeah you're probably right...with the swift and no-holds-bar backlash they received HTs knows they'll be on very, very thin ice for the BD version. The margin of error on that one is gonna be like .000001% in order for them to walk away unscathed lol.

Yeah you're probably right...with the swift and no-holds-bar backlash they received HTs knows they'll be on very, very thin ice for the BD version. The margin of error on that one is gonna be like .000001% in order for them to walk away unscathed lol.

Fine with me, as the BD is the one I pre-ordered. :lol

Although I'm sure the BD sold 2x as many as the clean Mk85. They better get it right.

It is just me or the mark 50 seems more bulky than the mark 85?
I know that the mark 85 look more bulky but in the comparison video from MR collection adventure the mark 50 seems bigger.

Fine with me, as the BD is the one I pre-ordered. :lol

Although I'm sure the BD sold 2x as many as the clean Mk85. They better get it right.

I think the BD might actually be worse, but they will offer an apology and include a sticker pack to make buyers happy.

Thing is if you keep making a weaker product, and people complain, you can offer something extra to make it look like you care, but you just made SO MUCH MONEY.

I have been in the business world long enough to see when businesses ride on success and put our mediocre products without innovating. Not saying all the HT figures aren't still good, but IM is a cash cow for them, and making them more profitable allows somebody in the company to really care on a Nebula headsculpt.

Of course some people reacted immaturely and we should be courteous even when expressing disappointment.

However if the prototype had looked this bad at the start, people wouldn't have had expectations to begin with. They'd say "well it doesn't look great but maybe they'll improve it, so I'll order." And on release "well they didn't improve it but its basically what they advertised so its fine." But HT created the false expectation.

And this wasn't just an updated/modified sculpt but rather an entirely different sculpt. Totally different product. I know prototypes are subject to change but i feel when its this drastic it should be announced ahead of time, so customers aren't shocked at the last minute.

Anyway I applaud HT for responding quickly to solve the issue

Of course some people reacted immaturely and we should be courteous even when expressing disappointment.

However if the prototype had looked this bad at the start, people wouldn't have had expectations to begin with. They'd say "well it doesn't look great but maybe they'll improve it, so I'll order." And on release "well they didn't improve it but its basically what they advertised so its fine." But HT created the false expectation.

And this wasn't just an updated/modified sculpt but rather an entirely different sculpt. Totally different product. I know prototypes are subject to change but i feel when its this drastic it should be announced ahead of time, so customers aren't shocked at the last minute.

People don't like a bait and switch. If I ordered a blue Honda Accord, and a blue Hyundai drives up, I am going to look at the seller like what is going on. For some people, a Hyundai is good enough and hop in. Others have been sold on a specific expectation, and don't like feeling undercut.

We all expect some minor tweaks and such, especially if it is recognized as an improvement.

I don't see the reaction necessarily as immature, except in the very small cases. People feel like they got sold a lesser product, and when it costs a LOT of money, will make more of a stink.

People don't like a bait and switch. If I ordered a blue Honda Accord, and a blue Hyundai drives up, I am going to look at the seller like what is going on. For some people, a Hyundai is good enough and hop in. Others have been sold on a specific expectation, and don't like feeling undercut.

We all expect some minor tweaks and such, especially if it is recognized as an improvement.

I don't see the reaction necessarily as immature, except in the very small cases. People feel like they got sold a lesser product, and when it costs a LOT of money, will make more of a stink.

These are exactly the points which the YouTubers are not even mentioning. They are creating videos to capitalise on the drama, but not even mentioning that people are angry mainly because the production sculpt is so far away from the prototype, which they placed their pre-order against.

Barring of course immature hate comments directed at JC Hong or the artist (that's clearly not acceptable). I'm glad people complained. Hot Toys needs to get feedback that what they did is not OK for a product at this price point.

People who think all the negative comments are unfair and not OK need to "man up" and stop being so fragile. Doesn't anyone remember "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names/negative comments will never hurt me".

I also applaud that Hot Toys actually reacted and did something. How often have they simply ignored issues in the past. Maybe they will also now be a bit more cautious about dramatically changing production sculpts in the future as well.

These are exactly the points which the YouTubers are not even mentioning. They are creating videos to capitalise on the drama, but not even mentioning that people are angry mainly because the production sculpt is so far away from the prototype, which they placed their pre-order against.

Barring of course immature hate comments directed at JC Hong or the artist (that's clearly not acceptable). I'm glad people complained. Hot Toys needs to get feedback that what they did is not OK for a product at this price point.

People who think all the negative comments are unfair and not OK need to "man up" and stop being so fragile. Doesn't anyone remember "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names/negative comments will never hurt me".

I also applaud that Hot Toys actually reacted and did something. How often have they simply ignored issues in the past. Maybe they will also now be a bit more cautious about dramatically changing production sculpts in the future as well.

Eh, I think you might be giving HT too much credit here. They only reacted for 2 reasons...money and money:

1.) This has already been stated by many people on here, but this is their bread and butter, Iron Man. So if this highly profitable IP is ever damaged it will also do damage to HT's bottom line. So first and foremost, HT only thought about their $$$, NOT you.

2.) If the anecdotal stories about HT receiving a high-level of cancellations are true, once again, HT only responded due to the financial impact to their bottom line, and NOT because of you. As a business it makes sense and I don't blame them for that, but let's not kid ourselves and act like HT decided to do right by their fan base (CUSTOMERS) because they felt bad.

I, for one, do NOT applaud HT for the buckling and caving to the consumer backlash. It was the only move for them to play at that point. Their back was against the wall and this was the only suitable response/resolution. HT created the situation they are in, so I have no sympathy for them. The fact that they've done this before (Chadwick-gate, Rudd-gate, etc.) and done nothing despite mountains of complaints only shows they really don't care. So I hope HT loses a substantial amount of profit as a result of this because only then will they truly learn. They only responded this ONE time because it was actually severe enough to negatively impact them financially. :lecture

HT can suck a fat one. Some of you say I'm too hard on them or probably think I complain for the sake of complaining, but that's not true. It's because they are no longer the company I fell in love with 5 years ago when I first discovered them/started collecting. The quality continues to dip, the prices continue to climb, they care less about details, more about how to cheaply mass produce, and we get less accessories for a higher price point. Hopefully this is a wake up call for them because if not the quality will only continue to decline and I surely will not buy. :stake

Vote with your wallets people and voice your discontent on their Fb/Insta pages because that seems to be the only way to get these greedy d-bags to listen!

And with that...end rant! lol

source.gif

Haha, well I guess I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. But you're right, there have been several other instances where they did nothing and simply had the "take it or leave it" approach.

Anyway, I'll leave it to someone to retort to this, as I'm sure there will be someone.

HT can suck a fat one. Some of you say I'm too hard on them or probably think I complain for the sake of complaining, but that's not true. It's because they are no longer the company I fell in love with 5 years ago when I first discovered them/started collecting. The quality continues to dip, the prices continue to climb, they care less about details, more about how to cheaply mass produce, and we get less accessories for a higher price point. Hopefully this is a wake up call for them because if not the quality will only continue to decline and I surly will not buy. :stake

Vote with your wallets people and voice your discontent on their Fb/Insta pages because that seems to be the only way to get these greedy d-bags to listen!

And with that...end rant! lol

Nah, u go:duff. Look at the upcoming Loki, with the cheap printing instead of beading in the robe. Look at the Mandalorians being chunked out, no head sculpt in sight. Mando V1 didn't get a knife, either.

Wasn't getting this fig anyway but IMO the backlash is justified. I already went down that road with "seamgate" IW Cap. The sculpt pics look like the Finn thing all over again - except worse. Like whatever production company they used pulled a fast one, put out a sculpt that looks like an egg with some plastic hair, and pocketed the difference in cash.

It's HTs - or any companies job - to do QC. And don't insult the customers with the bs about it looking fine and not seeing the problem.

Back