1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so with all these Nano Gauntlets being made I am really perplexed how HT is going to approach this figure now. I really hope I don't need to eat another NRD for yet a different "ultimate" version of Thanos.....that would really suck HT !

59922547_10156228264547344_8937204254322458624_o.jpg

They're making a Hulk version and movie promo version in quarter scale, so I'm assuming when they make Prof Hulk that he'll come with one, but I honestly doubt they'll give one to Thanos.

So is it the diecast portion that makes the Iron Man figures so expensive? Those things are astronomically priced.

They are astronomically priced because people still think the "diecast" figures are actually diecast. Just from reading this forum and social media it's clear low information collectors really don't know the typical diecast figure is mostly plastic with less than 5% of it diecast.

They are astronomically priced because people still think the "diecast" figures are actually diecast. Just from reading this forum and social media it's clear low information collectors really don't know the typical diecast figure is mostly plastic with less than 5% of it diecast.

Less than 5%? Where are you pulling this number from? It seems like you're just guessing...

If I was to take a stab at it, I'd say Diecast figures are probably at least 45% Diecast.

Even with a 81.00 nrd thanos is almost sold out at bbts. Wish I knew the allocation on sideshow but I have a feeling this is going to sell out fairly fast. Anyone else agree disagee?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Even with a 81.00 nrd thanos is almost sold out at bbts. Wish I knew the allocation on sideshow but I have a feeling this is going to sell out fairly fast. Anyone else agree disagee?

I think we’re in the Reissue Game now. I doubt anything is gonna be completely sold out or unavailable to order before it’s physically released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we’re in the Reissue Game now. I doubt anything is gonna be completely sold out or unavailable to order before it’s physically released.

I think the same. Besides, I think they will be making lots of it due to high demand expectation. They know this Thanos will be expected for most collectors to be the ultimate representation of him, so I don't even doubt they are going to have overstock. Obviously, this one will sell quite well. But something inside of me is telling me that this one will get to the discount level on SS, for example. Making thousands can lead them to that, even if they sell well.

Less than 5%? Where are you pulling this number from? It seems like you're just guessing...

If I was to take a stab at it, I'd say Diecast figures are probably at least 45% Diecast.

I agree with gmoney on this!

I have two diecast figures and based upon their weight and overall feel they sure seem like more than 5% metal (although clearly less than 100%). Of course I can’t say for sure because I am merely a “low information” collector as Malgus says, however I DO KNOW that I love my Iron Man (CW) and War Machine (CW) and that is all that matters to me. I also think it’s crappy/rude to make value statements about people simply bk YOU (Malgus) disagree with what they like/value or how they choose to spend THEIR money

I agree with gmoney on this!

I have two diecast figures and based upon their weight and overall feel they sure seem like more than 5% metal (although clearly less than 100%). Of course I can’t say for sure because I am merely a “low information” collector as Malgus says, however I DO KNOW that I love my Iron Man (CW) and War Machine (CW) and that is all that matters to me. I also think it’s crappy/rude to make value statements about people simply bk YOU (Malgus) disagree with what they like/value or how they choose to spend THEIR money

I wouldn’t worry about it. To paraphrase Username from the Tony Stark QS thread:

“There are some very stupid people here. With very little understanding or intelligence. Ten seconds with a little bit of brain power would come up with one or two reasons why a fan of this look would choose it. But we are dealing with beings of low-level understanding.”

I couldn’t agree with that sentiment more. Some people are so myopic that they can’t possibly fathom how anyone else would espouse opinions and tastes that differ from that of their own, and consequently, demand that people conform to their way of thinking so that way the world operates more conveniently for them. To that I say: go pound sand. Hard pass. You go ahead and do you, and I’ll stick to doing me.

Regarding the amount of die-cast used in IM figures, I would agree with the guess that it’s roughly about 45%, a little less than half. Pretty much the entire legs are die-cast, and then usually the shoulder area.

I wouldn’t worry about it. To paraphrase Username from the Tony Stark QS thread:

“There are some very stupid people here. With very little understanding or intelligence. Ten seconds with a little bit of brain power would come up with one or two reasons why a fan of this look would choose it. But we are dealing with beings of low-level understanding.”

I couldn’t agree with that sentiment more. Some people are so myopic that they can’t possibly fathom how anyone else would espouse opinions and tastes that differ from that of their own, and consequently, demand that people conform to their way of thinking so that way the world operates more conveniently for them. To that I say: go pound sand. Hard pass. You go ahead and do you, and I’ll stick to doing me.

Regarding the amount of die-cast used in IM figures, I would agree with the guess that it’s roughly about 45%, a little less than half. Pretty much the entire legs are die-cast, and then usually the shoulder area.

Thanks for your input Silverstar and thanks for sharing that quote!

Based on in-hand feel, the percentage estimate that you and gmoney provided seems more accurate. And it seems like the ratio of plastic-diecast is great because these figures are not just striking to look at, but they are also very stable for posing!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the reissue game and why you dont think this will sell out fast? I know we have had 2 prior releases of thanos but my opinion is endgame one is the best. Not being rude but how does this lead to NOT selling out. Most figures get a similar production could made or maybe thats fallacy.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the reissue game and why you dont think this will sell out fast? I know we have had 2 prior releases of thanos but my opinion is endgame one is the best. Not being rude but how does this lead to NOT selling out. Most figures get a similar production could made or maybe thats fallacy.

Everything sells out eventually. But it's been quite a while since a Hot Toy figure sold out on Sideshow before it started shipping.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not OP, but pretty sure with the quick re-issue of the Mark 50 and IW Thor this would likely follow suit.

Everything sells out eventually. But it's been quite a while since a Hot Toy figure sold out on Sideshow before it started shipping.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last one was neon iron man, but that was notably limited... The last one I can think of before that was CW Movie Promo Battling Version Cap, but there may have been others that I didn't order... It has been awhile.

Some people are elderly, obsessive and unemployed thus think they are smarter than they really are since they have nothing but time on their hands. Well not too much time considering their age... anyway I remember someone having to destroy their "diecast" figure and it was just a few small pieces were diecast. A lot less than most people seem to think.

Thanks for your input Silverstar and thanks for sharing that quote!

Based on in-hand feel, the percentage estimate that you and gmoney provided seems more accurate. And it seems like the ratio of plastic-diecast is great because these figures are not just striking to look at, but they are also very stable for posing!

No problem. :duff

Bottom line, just ignore them and simply laugh at the unmitigated, unabashed clownery on display. Engaging them in rational, intellectually honest discourse is virtually impossible and therefore, would require you to relinquish about 10 IQ points in order to do so.

Yeah, being that the majority of the later IM figures possess die-cast legs, they have more gravity, which indeed makes them more stable for posing.

No problem. :duff

Bottom line, just ignore them and simply laugh at the unmitigated, unabashed clownery on display. Engaging them in rational, intellectually honest discourse is virtually impossible and therefore, would require you to relinquish about 10 IQ points in order to do so.

Yeah, being that the majority of the later IM figures possess die-cast legs, they have more gravity, which indeed makes them more stable for posing.

The amount of dishonesty in the bolded post in astounding. Unless ignore means obsessively stalking and responding to every one of those posts.

Some people are elderly, obsessive and unemployed thus think they are smarter than they really are since they have nothing but time on their hands. Well not too much time considering their age... anyway I remember someone having to destroy their "diecast" figure and it was just a few small pieces were diecast. A lot less than most people seem to think.

Someone awhile back posted a photo of the War Machine Diecast in an x-ray machine...it showed that pretty much the entire bottom half was DC and some of the upper region like the shoulder pads were DC...so about 45-50%.

Back