1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Plus as I’ve mentioned, him including the IG makes him more versatile, because he can be from IW or EG. I personally got this version because I like his opening scene on Thor’s ship the most, so I actually got this more with IW in mind.

Agreed. Plus as I’ve mentioned, him including the IG makes him more versatile, because he can be from IW or EG. I personally got this version because I like his opening scene on Thor’s ship the most, so I actually got this more with IW in mind.

That is a very cool scene. "Let him have his fun".

I just love how well they got Thanos' fighting style across with the CGI.

A real brawler. So good !

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-07-2018/4MaKeA.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Plus, I’m going to be displaying this with my AoU Avengers group and my V1 GotG group, both in which Thanos made an appearance...in his armor. So I figure that’s a small additional reason as well, being that it matches those films also.

That opening scene in IW is chilling and is when you realize just how much Thanos is a force to be reckoned with, and that he is undoubtedly the big villain in this whole thing. The scene of where we’re first introduced to him (not including GotG or AoU) when he has his back turned and he starts speaking, then turns around and picks up a helpless Thor with one hand as if he’s a baby; especially after we just got finished seeing how powerful Thor really is in Ragnarok. Then subsequent that, as you pointed out, manhandled Hulk. Two Avengers, the strongest two of the group, easily manhandled right off the bat.

Even though IW Thanos is really cool, it’s mostly this segment that made me decide that Armored Thanos with the IG is the one to have.

I always admire your conviction in picking and choosing one of a particular figure to represent in your collection.

It's quite the contrast to me doing the same mental gymnastics to pick one and then ending up buying them all anyways.:lol

I have this guy on preorder because I love the armor appearance, but.... I think I like infinity war better as a film. Plus, looking at Dr.Strange, Iron Spider, and Mark 50 on my shelf, damn if it isn't just begging for a Thanos plopped down in the middle of them.

Thanks man. :duff

No, I hear ya. I’m not fully free of having a bit of a completionist in me as well. Though when it comes to larger characters, such as Thanos, it’s easy to just pick one essentially because I’m forced to due to having to preserve space. I collect from several different franchises, so I can’t have too much of one particular franchise.

Sold out on bbts. It had a nrd of 83.00 wonder how many were allocated and if sideshow I'll run out before release.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sold out on bbts. It had a nrd of 83.00 wonder how many were allocated and if sideshow I'll run out before release.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Only Hot Toys that ever sells before release on SS is truly limited exclusives. HT can make as many of these as SSC sells

No, I hear ya. I’m not fully free of having a bit of a completionist in me as well. Though when it comes to larger characters, such as Thanos, it’s easy to just pick one essentially because I’m forced to due to having to preserve space. I collect from several different franchises, so I can’t have too much of one particular franchise.

No wonder we agree on this. I have the same philosophy also mainly due to space and of course not unlimited funds for this hobby. The best representation of each character is fine for me. Even if they don't come from the same movie. Especially considering when you collect across a few different franchises.

I think it also depends a little on your display setup too. Mine are all lined up, and not in detolfs where groupings of characters from one film may tend to fit better.

I am in the same camp of only having 1 true figure to represent the character and for me this is it..........unless HT decides to do a comic line. Even then I would still keep this as it has an incredible and foreboding presence.

Says the guy contemplating getting another Cap... :wink1:

Characters that I have a particular fondness for, I’ll have multiples of. But even then, I’m a bit selective because I won’t get ALL of them. Larger characters like Hulk or Thanos, I tend to only get one of because of their size as I mentioned, and how I determine which one to get all just depends on what I feel is the best representation of that character, but also how it fits into my collection. I for the most part tend to consolidate my collection by film.

For instance, Hulk. Even though the torn pants look in A1 is the traditional look for the character, I have the AoU version. I like the green hue of that version better as well as the sculpt, but more importantly, he fits in my collection being that I have all the AoU Avengers to represent my Avengers group display (part of where the completionist side of me also comes into play in wanting to keep consistency). Same goes for Cap. I’m vacillating between getting EG Cap or not, but the more judicious side of me is saying not to because he’s too similar to CW Cap (which I have). More importantly, I don’t see how EG Cap would fit into my collection because I don’t plan on getting very many EG figures beyond Thanos, if any. Conversely, CW Cap does fit in my collection, because I have him paired with Mk 46 and I like that pairing. I have a solo Cap film display that pretty much consists of Cap’s main look from each film and the villain from each film, and I don’t want to break that up. Even if I did keep CW and got EG Cap, I don’t know where he’d fit in my collection.

As far as Thanos goes, while the IW figure is undoubtedly cool, he doesn’t really fit in my collection because I have no IW figures, and I kind of feel that look is more of a variant look for him that is specific to just IW, whereas the armored version is more versatile because that’s his traditional look and can represent him from both EG and IW, as well as AoU and GotG1, which are the representations I have for those two groups. So not only do I feel that’s the best single representation of him, it also makes sense in my display.

I only have doubles of Vader (Rogue One & ANH using extra Rogue One gloves), Luke (Farmboy & ROTJ) and OT Stormtroopers.

Otherwise only one of everything else......and I'll still have about 80 of these things when I get the last few I need !

Characters that I have a particular fondness for, I’ll have multiples of. But even then, I’m a bit selective because I won’t get ALL of them. Larger characters like Hulk or Thanos, I tend to only get one of because of their size as I mentioned, and how I determine which one to get all just depends on what I feel is the best representation of that character, but also how it fits into my collection. I for the most part tend to consolidate my collection by film.

For instance, Hulk. Even though the torn pants look in A1 is the traditional look for the character, I have the AoU version. I like the green hue of that version better as well as the sculpt, but more importantly, he fits in my collection being that I have all the AoU Avengers to represent my Avengers group display (part of where the completionist side of me also comes into play in wanting to keep consistency). Same goes for Cap. I’m vacillating between getting EG Cap or not, but the more judicious side of me is saying not to because he’s too similar to CW Cap (which I have). More importantly, I don’t see how EG Cap would fit into my collection because I don’t plan on getting very many EG figures beyond Thanos, if any. Conversely, CW Cap does fit in my collection, because I have him paired with Mk 46 and I like that pairing. I have a solo Cap film display that pretty much consists of Cap’s main look from each film and the villain from each film, and I don’t want to break that up. Even if I did keep CW and got EG Cap, I don’t know where he’d fit in my collection.

As far as Thanos goes, while the IW figure is undoubtedly cool, he doesn’t really fit in my collection because I have no IW figures, and I kind of feel that look is more of a variant look for him that is specific to just IW, whereas the armored version is more versatile because that’s his traditional look and can represent him from both EG and IW, as well as AoU and GotG1, which are the representations I have for those two groups. So not only do I feel that’s the best single representation of him, it also makes sense in my display.

Haha I was just ribbing ya buddy. Wasn't expecting such a lengthy and thorough explanation of your rationale, but you do you do!

I'm also on the fence with EG Cap due to how similar it is to CW Cap, which I already own. I'm leaning more towards no than yes at the moment, but if HT ends up releasing it with a stellar updated head sculpt then I COULD be swayed as well...but as of now, I'm firmly no.

Haha I was just ribbing ya buddy. Wasn't expecting such a lengthy and thorough explanation of your rationale, but you do you do!

I'm also on the fence with EG Cap due to how similar it is to CW Cap, which I already own. I'm leaning more towards no than yes at the moment, but if HT ends up releasing it with a stellar updated head sculpt then I COULD be swayed as well...but as of now, I'm firmly no.

To be honest, I didn’t even see your initial post. I was actually replying to Hoody and MegaPrime. :lol

You must have slipped it in as I was typing mine.

What are peoples thoughts on this figure after they have watched the movie? It wasn't Thanos' best showing. Do you still like this figure better than the Infinity War version where he no doubt won?

I only have doubles of Vader (Rogue One & ANH using extra Rogue One gloves), Luke (Farmboy & ROTJ) and OT Stormtroopers.

Otherwise only one of everything else......and I'll still have about 80 of these things when I get the last few I need !

The characters I have multiples of are:

Cap (SSM, Rescue, TFA, SS, CW)
Black Widow (TWS, AoU)
Thor (T1, TDW LA, AoU, Gladiator)
Superman (MoS, BvS)
Wonder Woman (BvS, TA, JL [w/cloak to represent WW])
Batfleck (Armored, BvS, Knightmare)
Luke (ANH, DX07 Bespin [clean], RotJ, TFA, TLJ)
Leia (ANH, ESB Hoth)
Han Solo (ANH, TFA)
Rey (scavenger, RO, Jedi)

I think that’s it. :lol

What are peoples thoughts on this figure after they have watched the movie? It wasn't Thanos' best showing. Do you still like this figure better than the Infinity War version where he no doubt won?

I actually got this figure more with IW in mind than EG. I’m referring to the opening scene where he kicked both Thor’s and Hulk’s ass while he had on his armor wearing the Infinity Gauntlet.

This Thanos yanked Stormbreaker out of the air and shoved it in Thor’s chest. This Thanos broke Cap’s shield. This Thanos destroyed Avengers HQ. This Thanos spun his sword so fast it elimated a full power blast from Iron Man. This Thanos held the power stone and knocked Captain Marvel into next week.

This Thanos was amazing.

just pre-ordered this version of Thanos. now awaiting Hot Toys to announce a Nano Gauntlet for Iron Man Mark 86 and then ill preorder that as well.

Back