1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts showing up on the 'bay already.
HT_Loki.jpg

Customizers are gonna have a field day. Was tempted just to pick up a body, but whatever. There's a YTuber making the case it's not the WORST sculpt in the world, not the best....srsly glad I have Ragnarok whose sculpt has the tiny smirk. For me don't picture Loki looking perpetually grim.

LOL a lot of time the community wants figs that look bad@ss and this is what we get. 😁

Yea agreed. HT too lazy.. They're getting lazier and lazier every release.
For real; for the price IMO ASMUS and now Toys Era are nipping at HT's heels, if you weigh up value. IMO HT at their best is unbeatable, but for a premium price you expect premium. In this case, for me, the cuffs and mouth guard will probably never leave the box, but a second sculpt is needed.

They're probably planning the perfect Loki sculpt for Season 2, the &^%$#, so we all have to get another figure in 2 years. :pfft:

Last edited:
Boy, I dunno dude.

lokicomparison.jpg

Looks like a pretty massive improvement over the 1.0 to me.
That picture says it all.

Though I still HATE that seam on his right hand at the thumb where they pieced it together.
You mean to tell me that there is no way to do that hand as one piece?

Last edited:
View attachment 610472

Looks like a pretty massive improvement over the 1.0 to me.
That picture says it all.

Though I still HATE that seam on his right hand at the thumb where they pieced it together.
You mean to tell me that there is no way to do that hand as one piece?
Yeah there's some pretty questionable decisions with the new release - namely that seam on the thumb and the flat-headed hair. But the overall package is vastly superior to the original; tailoring of the costume is top notch and makes the original look like a dumpy toy shelf doll. And so long as the helmet is on the sculpt looks great, too.

317330618_510356491128368_3754236365649365968_n.jpg
317363008_510355551128462_2293291582795585311_n.jpg
317420590_510355627795121_2152202596143503959_n.jpg

Yeah there's some pretty questionable decisions with the new release - namely that seam on the thumb and the flat-headed hair. But the overall package is vastly superior to the original; tailoring of the costume is top notch and makes the original look like a dumpy toy shelf doll. And so long as the helmet is on the sculpt looks great, too.

View attachment 610475View attachment 610476View attachment 610477
I am likely the only one that actually likes my 1.0 version better than the new 2.0 one. The very different poses shown in the comparison pictures above certainly doesn’t help my case for my thoughts. But, I love the brighter and more affluent looking robes (individual gold beads on the suit edges rather than a flat looking gold print). I always saw Loki as a showman, an overindulgent “god“ persona that likes to show his grandeur to all. So hence my preference for the 1.0 gaudy outfit.

Attachments

• A8453F6B-E2CC-4A65-BB46-5ECBBDF992C6.jpeg
    A8453F6B-E2CC-4A65-BB46-5ECBBDF992C6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Tailoring on this is definitely top notch. And the more pics that come out, the better overall it's starting to look. Helmet still a little on the big side no doubt about it, but still a pretty nice looking piece. Not sure the delay makes it worth it though. Looking at how much stuff was on discount recently, it's hard not to want to wait and potentially get this for pretty cheap down the road rather than right away.

Tailoring on this is definitely top notch. And the more pics that come out, the better overall it's starting to look. Helmet still a little on the big side no doubt about it, but still a pretty nice looking piece. Not sure the delay makes it worth it though. Looking at how much stuff was on discount recently, it's hard not to want to wait and potentially get this for pretty cheap down the road rather than right away.
Yeah, thought of that. But he's almost paid off, and FOMO. He's the first fig where I ran into SSC asking to confirm my order. That being said, if I didn't feel I needed the Avengers look, I'd pass, even tho Loki is a favorite of mine.

I am likely the only one that actually likes my 1.0 version better than the new 2.0 one. The very different poses shown in the comparison pictures above certainly doesn’t help my case for my thoughts. But, I love the brighter and more affluent looking robes (individual gold beads on the suit edges rather than a flat looking gold print). I always saw Loki as a showman, an overindulgent “god“ persona that likes to show his grandeur to all. So hence my preference for the 1.0 gaudy outfit.

If I owned V1, personally, I wouldn't replace. Yes, the tailoring is tighter but like the plasticy Cap fabric that showed up, suspect there's corner cutting. The square studs/trim along the real costume - the way HT has done those, was already bugging me. Whether I could hack something or use metallic puff paint to get a 3D effect. Hafta see when I get V2 in hand. Think he'll look good on the shelf, but not necessarily where I think the costume is a miracle of miniaturization - as compared to Dr. Strange V1, say.

Also, I think the gold HT used is a bit dull, tho apparently movie/color graded accurate, depending on the shot.

Ya I agree. There's so many figures that went on steep discount that I paid full price for. I'm definitely on the bench for now. These figures will go on deep discount next year no doubt.

Ya I agree. There's so many figures that went on steep discount that I paid full price for. I'm definitely on the bench for now. These figures will go on deep discount next year no doubt.
Yeah that stung, tho I think I did OK picking up a couple IS pieces and 2012 Cap. Then again, I wanted a second IS Winter Soldier 1/10 and he's already waitlisted.
Then again, breezing through the 'bay, plenty of markups on older figs. Retail is better than secondary market a lot of the time.

It’s been a long time since I paid full price for something. I used to get in with the early discount preorder prices but now I don’t get anything until after it’s released and at substantial discount. Unless it’s something I’m utterly convinced it’s going to sell out before.

Yeah, thought of that. But he's almost paid off, and FOMO. He's the first fig where I ran into SSC asking to confirm my order. That being said, if I didn't feel I needed the Avengers look, I'd pass, even tho Loki is a favorite of mine.

For sure FOMO can get the better of anyone and for some collectors, just knowing you have your figure secured and have peace of mind is enough to where paying full price is ok for them.

And the SSC thing asking about confirming orders is just a new way for ppl who are tired of the delays to cancel as I believe you get your NRD back if you say you no longer want the order. Just their way of saying “hey we know this figure has been delayed, you sure you still want it?” kinda thing I believe.

It’s been a long time since I paid full price for something. I used to get in with the early discount preorder prices but now I don’t get anything until after it’s released and at substantial discount. Unless it’s something I’m utterly convinced it’s going to sell out before.

Yea same. Most of the figures I’ve gotten over the last couple of years have been on discount either through retailers or aftermarket sales. Pretty much right when the Mk85 released the value plummeted to around $300, sometimes even with the new headsculpt. The BD mk85 is starting to follow suit. I think I saw one go for $285 the other day.

Ya same here. Either a figure I really want, I'll look for a discount code for, or I'll just wait for the inevitable bargain bin. Stung a lot to see those figures in the mailer at 25% and up discount... Like wtf....it adds up.
Yea I can only imagine how much it sucked to see how deep a lot of the discounts were for some of those figures if you had paid full price. SSC even tried to pull a sly one on me with my MK5 reissue charging me full price after I had placed my order. Luckily it was on flex so it was a relatively easy fix on their end, but had I not double checked, I would’ve been paying full price instead of the below $300 it was supposed be. Guess they didn’t really wanna let it go for that price either :LOL:
I don't think I can do that :nana: :google :rotfl
Ha yea I wouldn’t be able to at all I already know. I mean if I collected LOTS of other scales and types, maybe. But since my focus is still mostly 1/6, I just can’t stick with 20. I think the least I’ve had at one time was 16 or 18 and that was just b/c I had lost my job but even then, I couldn’t sell all of them :LOL:

There are some who write that hot toys are scaling back production but I havent seen that yet. Before that would happen ssc would probably list something as sold out for a few months and then lo and behold, we had some credit card cancellations and some warehouse finds!

The size of the helmet in person determines if this figure is bad for me,with every other variant figure having a crown , that is the way I will be displaying mines !

Back