Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Can we report VonMises? He seems to be doing a lot this trolling stuff.

This is an action figure or doll (most of us do not care) forum. Not a movie forum. His posts are redundant, pointless an exposes a less than capable IQ.
For what smart person would waste their time like this?

This is an action figure or doll (most of us do not care) forum. Not a movie forum. His posts are redundant, pointless an exposes a less than capable IQ.

I did earlier Eamonn.
:wink1:

His posts on the previous couple of pages have been deleted. Hopefully he got a warning as well.

:yess:

:exactly::goodpost::clap lol

Damn, his posts have been deleted. I do always enjoy a good troll- mainly because I like watching them get banned :lol

Good suggestion! :monkey1

After my initial enthusiasm for the figure has sorta cooled off I think I may hold off. I was really hoping for an RDA Jake and the high price tag and lack of screaming portrait has sorta made me second guess initial buy response. Maybe hold out for the figure I actually want.

A lot of folks seem to think that the complex hair/feather detailing was a contributing factor in driving up the cost.

Do you thing the eventual RDA Jake without the complex hair detailing or additional war paint app will come in at a lower price point or do you think the price will remain the same or even higher because the precedence has now been set for $300+ figures?

At this point I am not worried that we won't see an additional release because there is no way they won't want to reuse the molds for that body with a simplified paint app and a set of clothes. That and two sequels in production.

Although when in hand pics show up I will probably cave anyway :)

Do you thing the eventual RDA Jake without the complex hair detailing or additional war paint app will come in at a lower price point or do you think the price will remain the same or even higher because the precedence has now been set for $300+ figures?
The latter. Berserker Predator came out at an unprecedented $189 last year. And when his followups, Falconer and Tracker Predator, were announced without a painted and sculpted face but instead a permanently fixed helmet, the price was no less than Berserker.

Not a fan of the war paint or the mohawk. The RDA Jake is the look through out the majority of the film, and should (in theory) come with the option to dress down to the navie look. Just my guess though. Now if there was a 1/6 banshee to display him with.......

I dont see why you'd prefer an RDA Jake, i mean why have a 10 foot blue alien dressed like a man?

Not a fan of the war paint or the mohawk. The RDA Jake is the look through out the majority of the film, and should (in theory) come with the option to dress down to the navie look. Just my guess though.

:exactly: :goodpost:

That is the exact same reason that I want an RDA Jake. He will have the normal hair, which looked way better than the braided mohawk thing, so we can give him the normal Na'vi look.

Also in ways of accessories this could have some awesome stuff:

- Machine gun
- Bow and Arrows
- Dagger
- Selfcrafted spear with removable torchflame
- RDA Backpack
- Removable Flightgoggles
- Ropething which he used to catch his Banshee

All in all plenty of stuff there to warrant a second Jake IMO! :rock :rock :rock

So $300 for this figure? what makes it tough is the fact that you can get a Sideshow Premium format for that price, same height but higher quality materials (but its a statue). compare this to the 12" figures with similar accessories that cost $165 and it makes sense that its $300 because its almost twice the size and probably had a lot more developement costs, like others I think I would have already PO'd this if there were 2 head sculpts (regular and mouth open) plus a Bow.

Fear on this figure is the same on the Indiana Jones one, if you pass because you are waiting for a better version, what if the sales are so low they don't make anymore versions? Then the price will skyrocket on the secondary market for these.

I have about 28 hot toys figures so far and another 9 PO already, just can't pull the trigger on this and the Iron Man Gantry becuase of the prices mostly, also passed on the Indiana Jones DX and I don't pass on much!

I dropped my money on this straight away. Fortunately for me this is the version I wanted most but even if it wasn't I've been waiting for this for so long now, I'd never pass this up.

Fear on this figure is the same on the Indiana Jones one, if you pass because you are waiting for a better version, what if the sales are so low they don't make anymore versions? Then the price will skyrocket on the secondary market for these.

Even if the figure does not sell well (I think it will however) I still think we will see and RDA Jake. May even be more of an incentive to make up some of the costs associated with developing that body. RDA Jake would be a simplified repaint. Hairpiece would be simplified as well, and the gun, hands and even the base can reused too.

Back