Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

$315. I'd like to see how well these figures flip.

I like this, love it actually but the price is a no go right now. I'd rather spend that kinda $$$ on the Joker PF.

Yup. I'll cop a Neytiri when they do it though.

$315. I'd like to see how well these figures flip.

315 is nothing.... I paid 750 for a Mark I that's now going for 1800 on ebay.

These will never be in enough demand to flip like that, especially at the starting price.

AVATAR may be the #1 box office movie of all time, but these characters are simply not nearly as iconic or cherished as Batman, Iron Man, Star Wars, etc.

These will never be in enough demand to flip, especially at that starting price.

AVATAR may be the #1 box office movie of all time, but these characters are simply not nearly as iconic or cherished as Batman, Iron Man, Star Wars, etc.

I disagree... Wait until the 2 sequels release. I predict this figure will be the holy grail of the line once everyone starts clamoring to own the original. (Look at the Mark I, OC Batman, etc.)

$315 for a 18" plastic action figure? Are you crazy SSC and HT?

Well I'm not sure how else they could have charged for it. It is much larger than a regular 1/6 and is unique.

315 is nothing.... I paid 750 for a Mark I that's now going for 1800 on ebay.

Can't compare retail to secondary market.

wow just saw the price on this and well there goes me getting it. I really wanted it but at the price I'm better off getting 2 figures

Well I'm not sure how else they could have charged for it. It is much larger than a regular 1/6 and is unique.
Yea that's true. It's practically the size of a PF so I half expected a PF price but was hoping for a less than $250 price

Can't compare retail to secondary market.

Where am I comparing the markets... He's saying 315 is alot for a plastic figure... I say I've paid much more than that for a plastic figure. Apples and Apples.

wow just saw the price on this and well there goes me getting it. I really wanted it but at the price I'm better off getting 2 figures

Sideshow have made epic PFs that cost less than this. :lecture

Hoooooly smokes!

Gald I dont want these :lol

I'd bite the bullet if I was a fan of this.After market value will be crazy...not too many people will fork the $300 for it when this comes out.Hot Toys, like their other releases,will produce # to that figure accordingly to the demand they have.Therefore in a couple of years this will sell for 1K and even more just wait when Cameron releases The sequel...

Unfortunately for me,I found this movie extremely unoriginal and boring as hell.I might get the girl though when they do it... To keep her as a slave pet to my other 12".

Wow that's great. Now there no chance I'll be tempted to buy this. Its cool but Hot Toys has hit my ceiling.

Secondary and after market prices are driven by one thing and one thing only: DEMAND. Even if they only made 1,000 of these do some of you really think there's going to be enough demand to see this thing hit Mark I or DX Joker heights? Heck, most people are going to balk at paying $315 for this thing.

I'd bite the bullet if I was a fan of this.After market value will be crazy...not too many people will fork the $300 for it when this comes out.Hot Toys, like their other releases,will produce # to that figure accordingly to the demand they have.Therefore in a couple of years this will sell for 1K and even more just wait when Cameron releases The sequel...

Unfortunately for me,I found this movie extremely unoriginal and boring as hell.I might get the girl though when they do it... To keep her as a slave pet to my other 12".
took the words right out of my mouth. i have a feeling this is what most collectors are planning too. hopefully, she'll have more than 2 lousy accessories.
Secondary and after market prices are driven by one thing and one thing only: DEMAND. Even if they only made 1,000 of these do some of you really think there's going to be enough demand to see this thing hit Mark I or DX Joker heights? Heck, most people are going to balk at paying $315 for this thing.
doubt it.

In order to have a figure move there MUST be joints, rubber is too restrictive.

So untill we can clone human skin for 1/6 figures we'll have to settle.

I wish the base was bigger, the base with the Iron Man MK vi could have maybe one pose where there was a foothold for him.

Rather than them being designed to look right i wish they were more functional for the figure to use in multiple poses.

I also dont understand the joint issue.... Barney Ross, Dastan, Perseus, and more recently the super Preds and Bruce Lee ALL have visible joints adn look great and are very poseable.

I hear ya all.

I fully agree that exposed joints was the right decision for this figure. I guess that a (mostly) naked figure is just not for me in the high-end collecting world.

Barney Ross, Dastan, and even Perseus had more clothes than this, which disguised the joints more (although I don't own any of them). This one is just too much for me personally. Especially at the hip/pelvis area - which wouldn't be visible on any other figure with exposed joints.

I don't find it as settling. I grew up with figures with joints. Maybe not as pricey as these but joints come with being a figure. These joints don't bother me one bit

See, I think that's the exact problem I'm having. It makes me feel like I would be buying a toy from my childhood at a grown-up collectable price.

I don't think the joints are that big a deal... but those feet do look awfully cheap by HT or even Sideshow standards. Seriously, $20 mass market figures have feet like that... not $315 high-end figures.

Back