Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I found this on OSW! This is so aaaamaaaaziiiiiing!!!

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...ce-figure-joints-tips-building-neytiri-4.html

neytiri_sixth_scale_toy_test_from_different_angles_by_fierox-d6kxn8f.jpg

neytiri_figure_updated_by_fierox-d6m95vg.jpg

neytiri_figure_painted_by_fierox-d6mofkc.jpg

SAM_2568.JPG

SAM_2571.JPG

neytiri_figure_painted_by_fierox-d6pgz5z.jpg

Again: https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...ce-figure-joints-tips-building-neytiri-4.html

Last edited:
That is incredible.
Thanks for posting that. I love the amount of work put into the Neytiri.
I did find it very funny that there was someone on the OSW forum who thinks that HT made a mistake by giving Jake five fingers and toes, lol.
And he kept posting about it too. Idiot.
:rotfl

Still considering getting this one....

Pics by D ick Po
toysdaily_dickpo_avatar60.jpg

....like this shot a lot. Been combing over the thread, the shots, the reactions....so far, I can say this....doesn't bother me about the exposed joints...like that having the joints allows for some posing (like the shot above)...and, as weird as it may sound to some, part of what I enjoy about some figures is how creative the sculpt/engineering can get to keep the form/lines of the character(body) and still include some breaks for articulation. This figure appears to walk that line really well, judging from the many pictures. It's not a statue, it's an articulated figure....and a pretty good looking one too...

I've wanted something representative of Cameron's passion piece in my collection and like the movie, this figure has it's share of admirers and detractors....and as time goes on, I don't want this one just disappearing into the secondary market for good...still kicking myself for not picking up an HT TS T-600 (Rubber Face) when I had the chance, and those guys rocketed right up on ebay....

While this figure is slim (literally!) on the costume and accessories, what's there looks really well-rendered. So...before I take the plunge here on this pricy piece...any last comments from anyone who already has this figure? Un-boxing warnings? Things to watch out for?

Any new pics?

It's an excellent figure which I only sold because it looked odd amongst my other figures. The details on it are excellent. My favorite part of the figure was probably the hair/hairdress...very good stuff.

Only issue I had with it was bending one of the legs at the knee. It has quite the ratchet joint, but a little bit of heat from a blowdryer did the trick. Also the the velcro on the scabbard was kind of weak on mine, so after a little while it would just kind of hang by a thread and it would feel like it would fall off if I didn't keep re applying it on the velcro.

While this figure is slim (literally!) on the costume and accessories, what's there looks really well-rendered. So...before I take the plunge here on this pricy piece...any last comments from anyone who already has this figure? Un-boxing warnings? Things to watch out for?

Any new pics?

I love mine. Got it on sale during the summer from a place here in the UK, and have never regretted the buy.
Although it's true that he *can* look out of place, i am not afraid of having a single figure from any franchise on a shelf. And Jake needs a shelf of his own.
One warning is just that you will need to re-size a couple of shelves if you use detolfs, to give Jake enough room. I have Iron Monger, Jake and Hulk in that same detolf, so it's perfect to have just three shelves in that one.
If you can justify the price, go for it. You won't regret it if you are a fan of the movie.

null_zps86ba2af2.jpg

Wow Barry....what a display. Awe-stuck, sir.... :)

Is there a link in here somewhere to OMG's photo reveiw of this (without having to join Facebook that is)...

Wanted to wander that gallery before I flip the (expensive) switch here....

Thanks in advance...

Thanks Barry...had another looks and flipped the switch.

Jake should be here next week....looking forward to seeing for myself.

Underated figure, suffered greatly from no netyri, but it's in my collection and as a stand alone or with an alien theme, this is up there with hot toys top work.

Well....Jake Sully arrived up my way last week....first chance I've had to check him out....just a couple quick shots...

This one will take me some time to fuly react to. Some more futzing and photos later but right off....wow. There is some impressive craft here. From the overwhelming size to well, just everything, I'm extremely impressed.

Thanks to Barry, OMG and the others who, through their displays and photos, convinced me this was worth the plunge....

I'll be back with more later....

Glad to see you got him!
It's a beautiful piece. I don't admire mine as often as some other figures i have(Because he's furthest from me at my desk), but it doesn't make him any less awesome.
Looking forward to more pics.

It is a really impressive piece...liking it the more I look at it.
Couple more shots....

Haven't quite figured out how I'm going to end up displaying him...he's truly massive! But no regrets here...this is really a work of art on HT's part...really see and appreciate the effort.

I hope more folks add him to their collections...I for one like to encourage companies like HT and SS to produce stuff "outside the box" by supporting pieces like this, meaning not your standard base-body characters the just require a head sculpt and wardrobe. When it works (like Jake here), it really is cool. And I gotta think it's fun for the artists too...

Back