Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hong Kong Ani-Com 2011: Hot Toys SAMURAI PREDATOR (Sculpture?)

Very interesting piece so far... can't wait to find out more.

Some call it weird, stupid, easy pass - I'm not a "Pred fanatic" (own P1 & Berserker) but i'm definitely getting this one (as a figure i mean).
Nice to see something original :clap

Finally, the first HT Predator product we've seen in a while that doesn't scream "buy me now or regret it in just two weeks!" :lol
:rotfl

I love those colorful ketchup and mustard Aliens.

figure = want!!!
statue = pass!!!

it looks like a statue to me!!!

Look at those dreads... look scupted to me!!

Not sure if someone else mentioned this earlier but the name at the top TAKAYUKI TAKEYA is the guy who sculpted the Alien pile (statue/kit) and the Predator on horse(statue/and kit) for FEWTURE models.This def looks like a kitbash of both together.With resculpted parts and body. Could be wrong ....

I love how everyone speaks with absolute certainty about what it is. The only thing certain is your opinions. As for mine the very first picture appears to have an elbow joint visible and the head and paint are different from both the Plastic enemies pic and the catalog pic. What is certain is that those 2 pics are clearly of the same statue. The first pic appears to me to be a teaser prototype of what the statue head would look like on a new Pred body. Just my 2 cents. If a figure I would buy providing it's under $200. I think it's original and is a nice take on the elders and general provenance of the predator canon; seeking out conflict and other warriors for the thrill of the hunt, what better than the Samurai to embody that.

^ the base alone would be over $200 easily.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this earlier but the name at the top TAKAYUKI TAKEYA is the guy who sculpted the Alien pile (statue/kit) and the Predator on horse(statue/and kit) for FEWTURE models.This def looks like a kitbash of both together.With resculpted parts and body. Could be wrong ....

You nailed it mister. Takayuki Takeya is the most talented ___anese sculptor, famous for pieces like the alien pile and the ancient predator.
He recycle a lot of design elements in his work.
I love his work and I'm kinda surprised most aren't familiar with it, like it or not.
Anyway this is another splendid piece of art from M.Takayuki I won't miss, thank you HT :clap

Check the link for a visit of his studio:
https://www.collectiondx.com/article/takayuki_takeya_studio_visit

samuraipredator2.jpg

It Looks like a semi-articulated statue to me :dunno

I can see some kind of "wierd" elbow joint in the right arm: however, totally different from predators elbow joints, and not like thenammagazine said..(Who needs to see the optometrist now dude?? :wink1:.. :rotfl ) and it should works in a different way.

I can see another joint at the right shoulder (in black)... but not joints (shoulder. elbow) at the left arm..¿?

We can see "joints" at the knees ; similar to predators knee joints, but in this case the "diagram" is inverted.. I mean, the calves should be covered by the thighs..:lecture

The dreads look sculpted and the jaws fixed

302_berserker.jpg

In any case it seems "interesting", and Im looking forward to see the official SPECS :)

Last edited:

Are you guys sure this isn't the original statue that ht is going to base the figure on??? I find it weird that ht would make a statue like that...

Finally. A Predator I have to have. I can't wait to see the 1/6 Figure version. This thing is a beast.

Can someone into pred statues/kits please clarify if those teaser pics are in fact an actual statue that was already released by those two sculptures?

So I didn't like the stylized statue, Ancient Predator on Horse, and I still don't like the stylized look.

1107271817ee3a1d0a58f30990.jpg

1107272237e898ebb549033e42.jpg

Couple from toyworld forum

Looks cool,but an easy pass for me,too much other cool stuff coming :)

Kindest regards
Tys

The base is badass. The predator is just ass.

Glad i dislike this. Free's up some money for other things.

Back