Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hong Kong Ani-Com 2011: Hot Toys SAMURAI PREDATOR (Sculpture?)

I love how everyone speaks with absolute certainty about what it is. The only thing certain is your opinions.

Uh.. no. The only thing certain is some people can't/don't bother to read.

This 1/6th scale Samurai Predator diorama project is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August! The 1/6th scale collectible figure which is inspired by this diorama project will be announced later. Stay tuned!

All the teasers and pics so far are of the statue that was designed/painted by Takayuki Takeya and sculpted by Yuji Oniki.

Hot Toys plans to make a figure of that statue later on i.e. it won't be shown at Ani-Com and there's no pictures of that figure out yet. When it DOES come out, Takeya and Oniki will have nothing to do with it other than making the statue that inspired it i.e. the normal artists who work for HT will be making it.

That's the "artist collaboration" part. Two sets of artists making the same character in two different mediums.

Not hard to understand. HT even saw the confusion which is why they changed their FB page announcement from this:

Hot Toys is more than happy to present the first artist collaboration project with celebrated ___anese artists Mr. Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) & Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二) to bring their unique design and sculpture to the 1/6th scale collectible world.

This Samurai Predator is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August!

Fans, please visit our specially designed America Theatre themed booth (booth # F18-22, 27-31) at Ani-Com Hong Kong to check out our exciting exhibits and products! Stay tuned with us for more update on our Ani-Com event tomorrow!

To this (which ends all the speculation):

Hot Toys is more than happy to present the first artist collaboration project with celebrated ___anese artists Mr. Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) & Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二) to bring their unique design and sculpture to the 1/6th scale collectible world.

This 1/6th scale Samurai Predator diorama project is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August! The 1/6th scale collectible figure which is inspired by this diorama project will be announced later. Stay tuned!

Fans, please visit our specially designed America Theatre themed booth (booth # F18-22, 27-31) at Ani-Com Hong Kong to check out our exciting exhibits and products! Stay tuned with us for more update on our Ani-Com event tomorrow!

It's a statue. Not a figure. Not a statue with some movable parts like the infamous Bigfoot elbow some people were seeing. Just a statue.

When HT does the figure, you'll see a difference in not only the teaser but also the specs regarding company info since HT will have to use a license to make it. So "Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation" will be listed on all spec pics.

And as far as the figure itself, I'm thinking HT will most likely use the newly developed body from their Classic Predator as the base for the new Samurai Pred.

pretty meh piece unless your one of those ppl that love the Fewture designs. I don't understand this one, would prolly sell better as a statue to go with the other Fewture pieces. I don't think it will translate all that well into a figure.

I think the statue (if it's even for sale!?) will do as well as any other statue from Fewture. And I honestly believe the figure from HT will sell well. Some people will snatch up anything Predator related from HT. Not to mention if it ends up being an Asia-only exclusive. Then demand will really go up.

I can admit when I'm wrong...Devil was right...DAMNIT! :nana:

40% is better than 0%

Except with infection. Then you definitely would rather have 0% as opposed to 40%.

Just asked Tomm Wong jr, it's the actual figure proto in the pics.
The dio is for the expo only. Specs for the fig will arrive very soon.
Wonder why people been wondering as you can clearly see knee, arms and shoulder joints PREDATORS style. It's not at all seemless as it would be on a statue.
Check your glasses.

40% is better than 0%

Except with infection. Then you definitely would rather have 0% as opposed to 40%.

Agreed. :monkey4

Just asked Tomm Wong jr, it's the actual figure proto in the pics.
The dio is for the expo only. Specs for the fig will arrive very soon.
Wonder why people been wondering as you can clearly see knee, arms and shoulder joints PREDATORS style. It's not at all seemless as it would be on a statue.
Check your glasses.

Uh oh...I just bumbed up several percentage points...it's a figure.

Yes, but That was the previous information about the samurai Predator Project..(very diffuse and no explanatory)

This Samurai Predator is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August!

And this is the new information ...

if we had seen this before, then there would be no doubts....however, we would'nt have so much fun reading this post :rotfl

BTW I want a badass HT samurai predator figure based on that statue :rock:rock

Last edited:

Until now this thread has been more exciting than the figure/statue/object itself. :lecture As for the figure/statue/object/thing at first sight I'm curious to see more, but at the same time I'm not liking so much. Without seeing more of this I'm not sure what to think about it...

This is just getting crazy. :panic:

:goodpost:

This is ass or elbow??

images

Spoiler Spoiler:

:rotfl

Well, not really interested in some sort of 'EU' or concept Predator anyway, be it a figure or a statue so happily I think I can pass on this.

This thing is so freaking stupid. Why would an alien race advanced well beyond human technology (and super advanced when humans were still primitive), and have a code and traditions that have been standing for countless generations, take on the traditions of a small group of humans from a brief period in history?

This idea is so stupid that autobotjohn probably thinks it's stupid!! That's what happens when "artists" do their own "take" on something that is already established. Now the fan boys will call themselves even hardcorer because they have it, or "understand" it, and they'll turn speculation and rumor into fact that something stupid like that fat red predator from the fan made Batman video is being made by HT next.

WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :gah:

This thing is so freaking stupid. Why would an alien race advanced well beyond human technology (and super advanced when humans were still primitive), and have a code and traditions that have been standing for countless generations, take on the traditions of a small group of humans from a brief period in history?

This idea is so stupid that autobotjohn probably thinks it's stupid!! That's what happens when "artists" do their own "take" on something that is already established. Now the fan boys will call themselves even hardcorer because they have it, or "understand" it, and they'll turn speculation and rumor into fact that something stupid like that fat red predator from the fan made Batman video is being made by HT next.

WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :gah:

This is what happens wen fanboys obsessed with pedantic detail can't enjoy a piece of beautiful pop-culture inspired artwork.

...yeah all i see is a predator with a different type of armor and a samurai inspired helmet, nothing more.

Back