Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its supposed to be an easy fix ......just paint it purple, someone did it a while back and it turned out great

its supposed to be an easy fix ......just paint it purple, someone did it a while back and it turned out great

Its not a question of a fix... If it needs a fix... It basically is an issue... The lack of acknoledgement of that issue is the challenge. It shows how low an organisation is on its integrity... Period.

Its not a question of a fix... If it needs a fix... It basically is an issue... The lack of acknoledgement of that issue is the challenge. It shows how low an organisation is on its integrity... Period.

Show me a profit based business with any real integrity that goes beyond pr

Show me a profit based business with any real integrity that goes beyond pr

Yes... But outright deception.... .??? ... And you are ok with it?
Mmm.. Am assuming if you buy a high end car and the logo is missing ... You would be ok just buying it aftermarket rather than demanding from the manufacturer. Better still it wont be an issue for you and you will just use a permanent marker? ... Its not about how big or small the issue is... Its about what it should have been clearly and what it really is and what the sellers response is.

Last edited:
Yes... But outright deception.... .??? ... And you are ok with it?
Mmm.. Am assuming if you buy a high end car and the logo is missing ... You would be ok just buying it aftermarket rather than demanding from the manufacturer. Better still it wont be an issue for you and you will just use a permanent marker? ... Its not about how big or small the issue is... Its about what it should have been clearly and what it really is and what the sellers response is.

Yup, this figure costs almost twice a standard HT figure when it came out, and buyers deserved better guarantee in terms of quality. The issue, while an "easy fix" and "minor" to some, still warrants a recall at manufacturer's cost instead of feeding a lame excuse to those who purchased it.

Not everyone has a skill to repaint and access to the proper materials needed for repainting. Sadly, neither SSC nor HT cared and as long as there would be people who find that this is not an issue at all, SSC and HT are bound to repeat the same mistake and not care about it in the future.

Agreed 100%
I was positive the buyers would be outraged and demand a replacement or a refund at this price point.

Once again the majority of buyers seem to feel "Meh...good enough"

The willingness of most collectors to be #ucked over never ceases to amaze me. No matter how high the the price.

It is no wonder why the manufacturers feel like they can and will get away with it.

It is because people don't stand up and say something or get upset that companies will continue to feel that they can put out a faulty product and it will still be purchased. That leads to a lesser quality product and in this situation, the degradation of the hobby. I am no longer a Hot Toys collector.

Agreed 100%
I was positive the buyers would be outraged and demand a replacement or a refund at this price point.

Once again the majority of buyers seem to feel "Meh...good enough"

The willingness of most collectors to be #ucked over never ceases to amaze me. No matter how high the the price.

It is no wonder why the manufacturers feel like they can and will get away with it.

It is because people don't stand up and say something or get upset that companies will continue to feel that they can put out a faulty product and it will still be purchased. That leads to a lesser quality product and in this situation, the degradation of the hobby. I am no longer a Hot Toys collector.

I find myself supporting companies like DAM, Art Figures, and have PO'd ASMUS' Witch King lately. Their products have been improving and they're half the price with more accessories. Never had QC issues with them as well. I just hope that when these "smaller players" step up and start dishing out licensed properties (ASMUS just got into it) they won't end up having too much ego like SSC, HT, and EB.

It's really hard to stand up to try to voice out complaints for issues like this if some people don't care, and if many on forums like this would brand you an instant troll if you give your thoughts from where they would also benefit IF (that's a big if) the manufacturers end up listening and release an improved figure.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I choosed to be registered here for sharing something with you. I read all the pages of this topic and it was very instructive.

I send a e-mail to Sideshow about the head issue, their answer was exactly the same as others. So, I rewrite them an email telling them that I had already read this standard answer on the forums and I used the arguments of Lee in MI:

"Because its clear the excuse is just that. If the head is brown because of blood loss, then shouldn't the body be brown too...atleast partially? And if the artist interpreted it in this way, then wouldn't they still have a QC issue that they aren't owning up to with the all purple heads? They can't have it both ways. One of the heads doesn't fit the lame excuse. "

And ask them if is it possible to buy a head of the good color. This is their answer:

Dear Cedric,

Thank you for your email. Please know, per Hot Toys and our previous email, there were two heads created for this item showing the degree of blood loss for the piece. These heads were randomized within the packaging for the Samurai Predator, and therefore both heads are correct for the Samurai Predator by Hot Toys.

Unfortunately, we do not sell additional parts for the pieces on our website, and at this time we do not have any replacements we could provide you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I have forwarded your feedback on regarding the base in the photo you submitted.

As always, let me know if I can assist you further.

Best Regards,

Christina Lee
Customer Service Representative

So, they have changed their explanation... I let you judge.

My apologies for my bad english.

If the two different colours heads was on purpouse they should have advertised it. For me they continue to lie about this. Got the purple one, sorry for all of you who have the other one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its funny you guys make a a dispute over the head. I display mine with the H T dog alien who has a brownish red head and it blends with my display....

Hi everyone. I choosed to be registered here for sharing something with you. I read all the pages of this topic and it was very instructive.

I send a e-mail to Sideshow about the head issue, their answer was exactly the same as others. So, I rewrite them an email telling them that I had already read this standard answer on the forums and I used the arguments of Lee in MI:

"Because its clear the excuse is just that. If the head is brown because of blood loss, then shouldn't the body be brown too...atleast partially? And if the artist interpreted it in this way, then wouldn't they still have a QC issue that they aren't owning up to with the all purple heads? They can't have it both ways. One of the heads doesn't fit the lame excuse. "

And ask them if is it possible to buy a head of the good color. This is their answer:

Dear Cedric,

Thank you for your email. Please know, per Hot Toys and our previous email, there were two heads created for this item showing the degree of blood loss for the piece. These heads were randomized within the packaging for the Samurai Predator, and therefore both heads are correct for the Samurai Predator by Hot Toys.

Unfortunately, we do not sell additional parts for the pieces on our website, and at this time we do not have any replacements we could provide you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I have forwarded your feedback on regarding the base in the photo you submitted.

As always, let me know if I can assist you further.

Best Regards,

Christina Lee
Customer Service Representative

So, they have changed their explanation... I let you judge.

My apologies for my bad english.

Its simple... They are liars. Each customer rep knows its a lie, the designer knows its a lie, the company management knows its a lie. The worst nightmare of one company becoming so big. I like others have over 100 figures and trust me just cause of this someday when there are more options i wont hesitate to DUMP sideshow move to an honest company. Shameless as they are... They think educated collectors r stupid. Blood loss? All the blood loss happend in an instance and not a drop spilled on the base. Oh yeah the tip of the sword stuck on the base, but blood spill ... No way... sideshow, sweeped it clean... Just like my wallet.... Look at their 259 dollar darth vader as well.... Rediculous.

Its simple... They are liars. Each customer rep knows its a lie, the designer knows its a lie, the company management knows its a lie. The worst nightmare of one company becoming so big. I like others have over 100 figures and trust me just cause of this someday when there are more options i wont hesitate to DUMP sideshow move to an honest company. Shameless as they are... They think educated collectors r stupid. Blood loss? All the blood loss happend in an instance and not a drop spilled on the base. Oh yeah the tip of the sword stuck on the base, but blood spill ... No way... sideshow, sweeped it clean... Just like my wallet.... Look at their 259 dollar darth vader as well.... Rediculous.

They are just aware of the fact that some will complain and buy it anyway. And some won't even complain. We can't and should expect them to do right buy us when we don't demand them to.

They are just aware of the fact that some will complain and buy it anyway. And some won't even complain. We can't and should expect them to do right buy us when we don't demand them to.

I agree. The issue is how do we demand. There are only 2-3 good companies and with licencing usually only one figure at a time. There should be a control board or a consumer forum that should help. Anyone knows any legal / official forum we can write to? It would have been only fair for sideshow to provide purple heads for everyone separately. Would not cost them much. May be someone can get a darn lawsuit on them not cause of the figure but cause they lied. May be some employee can step forward.

Never gonna happen.
All you can do is vote with your wallet. Even then there is always gonna be the "I have to have it" "I need it" folks to wipe out your vote. Give it a few more years when they price almost everyone out. Maybe then.

Never gonna happen.
All you can do is vote with your wallet. Even then there is always gonna be the "I have to have it" "I need it" folks to wipe out your vote. Give it a few more years when they price almost everyone out. Maybe then.

Yep agreed. Organization ego has taken many a firm as a victim... Hottoys and sideshow will get there soon. For now its a must have and so they survived. But this behaviour will encourage mistakes in some 'not so must have figures' and hell yeah then it goes down the drain.. Sooner or later.... Although i must say hot toys is way better on customer service ...having siad this ... to me its not just abt money... Its about a firms attitude, the ability to deceive etc... Flat out.

Back