Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just open my to check it ... purple head :) yes got it from china seller
Lucky!

One brown head sold on ebay now for $50 best offer from $80 BIN in the US. There's only a few purple heads on ebay from Hong Kong scalpers/gougers and **** collectors are all over them. One purple head sold for $90 from Hong Kong. I guess they really had to have them NOW! :D
Goodness... $90!! :slap

Not certain if people would consider this bad news but its looking like Hot Toys is going to have to be the one to step up to this problem. Was told from APcollectibles that sideshow can not replace the heads because they do not have any and they are waiting for a solution from hot toys. Looks like I may be returning this if hot toys does nothing ( which they likely will not ) Pity....

Unopened items: We are happy to assist you with returning unopened items. This includes unopened case sales. If a case has been opened, it cannot be returned. The unopened items must be returned within 30 days of the product being purchased. This date is based on each individual product purchase date, not the date of order placement or payment. BBTS will refund you the entire purchase price of the item (shipping fees to and from BBTS will not be refunded). Refunds will be issued in the form of store credit or the original method of payment. Items must be packed inside a shipping box with sufficient protection. If the product is not in original condition, the refund will be less. Customer Service must be contacted before returning any items.

For those who wants to refund, you lose on shipping. So BASICALLY, we are SOL if HT doesn't provide replacements for those brown heads. I personally don't mind at all...probably have my friend spray it for me.

i guess i got 'lucky'?

kajo+alien+1.jpg

kajo+alien+2.jpg

it's quite a sad thing when properly painted figures become lucky draws. hey hot hoys, someone is sleeping at work. get on it.

Last edited:
Unopened items: We are happy to assist you with returning unopened items. This includes unopened case sales. If a case has been opened, it cannot be returned. The unopened items must be returned within 30 days of the product being purchased. This date is based on each individual product purchase date, not the date of order placement or payment. BBTS will refund you the entire purchase price of the item (shipping fees to and from BBTS will not be refunded). Refunds will be issued in the form of store credit or the original method of payment. Items must be packed inside a shipping box with sufficient protection. If the product is not in original condition, the refund will be less. Customer Service must be contacted before returning any items.

For those who wants to refund, you lose on shipping. So BASICALLY, we are SOL if HT doesn't provide replacements for those brown heads. I personally don't mind at all...probably have my friend spray it for me.

As great as the model is...the error is inexcusable. I mean I have seen other QC issues but for a $360 action figure? A final paint app should not be missed and if it was should have NEVER passed QC. How people are so willing to bend over and just take it is beyond me. If they do not fix the problem they will be getting mine back and can assure them that I will never buy another product of there's again. Its time for Hot Toys to show what kind of a company they are and FIX the problem...not just expect us to over look such a huge error for a figure that not only cost's us an arm / leg but also is supposed to be one of there crown jewels from the artist line.

I am hoping they step up but for some odd reason I do not think they will.

Well Guys Just Got My Final Email Back From Sideshow ~ :gah: This is after they said they found me a correct purple colour head and was about to ship it to me

AS I MENTIONED IN POST #2243Now i,ve just got an out of the blue email stateing this........

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your inquiry regarding the Hot Toys' Samurai Predator severed alien head.

This project was a collaboration between Hot Toys and Takeya, a Japanese artist of great renown and ability. When conceptualizing the Samurai Predator figure, Takeya's vision was to capture the powerful Predator warrior in his full regalia, holding the severed head of a defeated Alien Warrior. His vision included an unusual palette for the Alien, varied purple and red hues. As the Alien's bodily fluids coagulate, the color of the body grows darker, hence the purple color.

Therefore, the color variation on the Alien head and body is representative of the design, and has been randomized to some extent in an artistic effort to represent the very-recent-blood-loss suffered by the Alien Warrior at the hands of the Samurai Predator.

We hope that this provides a greater understanding of the coloration and detail present in the Samurai Predator figure.

If you are unhappy with your figure, please let me know so I may assist you with a full refund for your item.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

Well Guys Just Got My Final Email Back From Sideshow ~ :gah: This is after they said they found me a correct purple colour head and was about to ship it to me

AS I MENTIONED IN POST #2243Now i,ve just got an out of the blue email stateing this........

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your inquiry regarding the Hot Toys' Samurai Predator severed alien head.

This project was a collaboration between Hot Toys and Takeya, a Japanese artist of great renown and ability. When conceptualizing the Samurai Predator figure, Takeya's vision was to capture the powerful Predator warrior in his full regalia, holding the severed head of a defeated Alien Warrior. His vision included an unusual palette for the Alien, varied purple and red hues. As the Alien's bodily fluids coagulate, the color of the body grows darker, hence the purple color.

Therefore, the color variation on the Alien head and body is representative of the design, and has been randomized to some extent in an artistic effort to represent the very-recent-blood-loss suffered by the Alien Warrior at the hands of the Samurai Predator.

We hope that this provides a greater understanding of the coloration and detail present in the Samurai Predator figure.

If you are unhappy with your figure, please let me know so I may assist you with a full refund for your item.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

That's just pure BS...

Dear Lee,

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Guess he is going back as soon as I hear back from Aaron that they are not doing jack sh%t

Dear Lee,

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

I'm sorry to see all of you who did not get the purple head. Sideshow
and the US dealers have been caught in the middle of this fiasco and have been screwed too. It would make more sense for the body being purple because it still has most of the fluid still present and the head turning red do to the lack of fluid that has drained. That would be a little easier to believe and except.

wow thats some bull-ish! no way it was what was intended by takeya and hot toys, no fuggin way. seems like a made up excuse for damage control by SS becuz HT's wont make more purple heads to correct the prob.

they(SS) must think we are stupid. ahh mang gotta laugh at this now cuz its gotten to that ridiculous point of no return.

jeeebus h rice. just w...t.....f...?

it's an excuse not to even give a partial refund to us...they know that HT fudge up from the factory..it's a crying shame that this figure can be tarnished by just one simple mistake...guess I'm fixing the problem myself..

Rob

So... now they are using the excuses people are using about the blood draining from the head etc etc to accept the brown-ish head as being on purpose? :lol Give me a freakin' break... Come one... this is beyond ridiculous... Seems like they've seen what some people said and thought "what a great idea! Let's say it was like that on purpose".

Seems legit

Dear Lee,

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

CRAP-TASTIC excuse. so they're gonna BS themselves out of this one. nuts.
rationalization is pretty LAME too. FRESHLY severed head vs. week long ROTTEN severed head.

Back